ClumsyMonkey.net

CONCERTS

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/13/2003, 9:14 pm

Well, if you are gonna go to the concert with a fake ID, then I will still bring the stuff, but if not, lemme know, and I won't bring it with me.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby olpcc » 7/13/2003, 9:21 pm

yeah i am still going to try to make it at worst i'll try to find you at the end of the show
change your life into a postcard version of white snow
olpcc

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/13/2003, 10:11 pm

I'll be wearing some sort of soccer jersey and blue and white checkered shorts. It will be dark and they'll just look like really long light blue shorts. By the way, I have curly hippy hair. I shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll be with two other guys, Bethany, and another girl.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Johnny » 7/13/2003, 11:56 pm

I saw Treble Charger, 3 Doors Downa and Our Lady Peace all in one night.
Treble Charger was quite good, I really enjoyed their show
3DD was pretty good too
OLP was orgasmic!! :drool:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby bovine » 7/14/2003, 5:11 am

I just saw Fountains of Wayne on saturday. It was an awesome show! Ben Lee and David Mead opened (seperatly, not together) and they were both quite good, although I think David Mead (who I had never heard of before) was the better of the 2. FoW was definatly the best of the 3 though. They played all my favorites...Leave the Biker, Hackensak, Supercollider (as the closer), Red Dragon Tattoo...like I said, it was a great show! The only song I wished they had played was a cover of Baby One More Time (yes, the Britney Spears song)...it's actually a really good song if you hear it done by someone with some actual talent :nod:

:::troy:::
:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby olpcc » 7/14/2003, 6:58 pm

I hope this is goodbye wrote:I'll be wearing some sort of soccer jersey and blue and white checkered shorts. It will be dark and they'll just look like really long light blue shorts. By the way, I have curly hippy hair. I shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll be with two other guys, Bethany, and another girl.

okay i'll just wear my red guster shirt so its easy to figure out who i am
olpcc

Postby Henrietta » 7/14/2003, 9:47 pm

Hm...since summer started...

Warped Tour-not too many of the bands that I wanted to see when I won the tickets where there, and personally, all day outdoor concerts are exhausting...so it was just ok.

Foo Fighters-Very good, I would recommend seeing them!

Matchbox Twenty-AWESOME! Go see them!
Henrietta

Postby undecided » 7/14/2003, 9:49 pm

Foo Fighters are really good and Pearl Jam is also another one you should see.
undecided ;)
Life is waiting for you it's all messed up but were alive. Life is waiting for you it's all messed up but we'll survive.
undecided

Postby bort8 » 7/14/2003, 11:20 pm

i saw Lucky Boys Confusion last night, and holy crap did they rock....its the third time ive seen them, and each time just gets better and better....i just wish i would see them at a show where they played for more than 45 minutes.
they played some new stuff, which sounded freakin amazing...i cant wait till the new album comes out...whenever it does (they dont even know when)..but its recorded already and everything.
LBC was also trying to find a place to crash for the night...and i almost ended up offering my place...but the guys from the Riddlin Kids showed up (who they are great friends with), and gave them the hook up.

Count the Stars were there, too, who i really enjoyed, and the first band was August Premier, but they were pretty crappy. I wanted to stay for Allister, but my buddies felt that there was no way they could top LBC (which i agreed with) and it would just be a let down, so we took off

and to all the people seeing the Foos...im so jealous...i saw them in April and it was incredible...id love to see Pete Yorn opening for them, too
"Sh*t, id be f*ckin' scared if us were opening for...us"
-Dave Grohl on why the Red Hot Chili Peppers only let the Foos play a 45 minute set when they toured together

"baby, i wish you were my baby,
ill make u make a baby,
let's make electric power,
in fear u should not cower,
cuz girl i will protect u,
i promise not to sex u,
and IiiiiIiiiiIiiiiiiIiiiiiIiiiiii...." - Dudez a Plenti

"all by myself
cause I don’t want to drag you down, hold you down
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
i guess you think it’s funny now, funny now
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

I am still awesome.........................................................................................seriously.
bort8

Postby committed » 7/14/2003, 11:51 pm

i'm seeing lbc this week. at least once.
we are the brand new beatniks. we are the down and outers.
we are the bleeding hearts, beating syncopated, broken rhythm.
our speed is often break neck. we need to slow it down.
tired of being sleepless. tired of being broken.

committed

Postby sandsleeper » 7/15/2003, 9:08 am

here's my concert plans for the month of august:

Aug 1: Local Show, forget who's playing

Aug 5: A Perfect Circle :drool: :drool: :drool:

Aug 9: Warped Tour :drool: :drool:

Aug 11: Norma Jean

Aug 12: Hey Mercedes

it would go on from there but then i'm in maine a bunch and then up at school so... yeah.

now i just need to get me some tix. :mrgreen:
Lick a finger: feel the now.
sandsleeper

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/15/2003, 9:38 am

Here's my concert list.

7-15: Koufax

7-29: Lucky Boys Confusion (opening for Gob. Ehhh)

8-03: Either the Warped Tour or The New Amsterdams

8-10: White Stripes

8-29: Reggie And The Full Effect. Opening band = .Moneen.

I'll also be at the next Dashboard show (they're coming with MXPX and Brand New) and the Saves The Day, Taking Back Sunday, and .Moneen. show.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby olpcc » 7/15/2003, 11:23 am

Finger eleven on thursday then olp on the 27th

yeah the dashboard is 10-4 i can't wait i want to see brand new and vendetta red really bad and they are both opening so it would be good without dashboard
olpcc

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/15/2003, 11:29 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I will still stick around for Dashboard because I'm probably going to be spending $25 or more per ticket, so I might as well harass the main act. I think I might make a sign that says, "You were better in Further Seems Forever" and on the other side it will say, "When you still had balls!" I think I should do that. Yeah.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Solidarity 9-6347 » 7/15/2003, 7:21 pm

my friend MIGHT have an extra ticket...maybe two to see radiohead in toronto...he told me this the other day and i promptly salivated all over myself :drool: <- me
<3 Mademoiselle Pamplemousse

~The world would be a better place if only more things were made out of statue~
Solidarity 9-6347

Postby megxyz128 » 7/15/2003, 8:42 pm

hmm, i think i smell a CM meetup for the Dashboard show.
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby areusad831 » 7/15/2003, 8:51 pm

when is it maybe ill drive to detroit
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Postby megxyz128 » 7/15/2003, 8:53 pm

el 4 de octubre
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby superrgirll » 7/15/2003, 10:46 pm

Idealist wrote:my friend MIGHT have an extra ticket...maybe two to see radiohead in toronto...he told me this the other day and i promptly salivated all over myself :drool: <- me

how did your friend manage to get tickets? my friend has been going crazy trying to find tickets, but she is having no luck.
-lori
she's a fool for the last living rock king
http://www.livejournal.com/~got_to_get_away/

HARDCORE!
superrgirll
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby olpcc » 7/15/2003, 10:56 pm

I hope this is goodbye wrote:Well, if you are gonna go to the concert with a fake ID, then I will still bring the stuff, but if not, lemme know, and I won't bring it with me.

well i went didn't get in came back at 1220 it still wasn't over and had to go home..sorry to give you any trouble alan....

from what i heard from the out side for the 3 songs i listened too Koufax was really good sounding... but i couldn't see anything and it wasn't loud compaired to the inside so i wouldn't really take my word for it
olpcc

PreviousNext