ClumsyMonkey.net

CONCERTS

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby Carson79 » 11/4/2009, 9:51 pm

I'm getting pretty excited about Chantal next week!
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby megxyz128 » 12/5/2009, 12:35 am

I saw Sam Roberts at the 93.9 Christmas concert last Saturday. It was pretty awesome. Hearing Detroit '67 in Detroit is a pretty neat experience. Sloan opened or co-headlined or something but I got there too late.
- megan.
megxyz128

Postby SuchADangerous » 1/24/2010, 3:35 pm

I'm seeing the Used on Feb 14 with my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Past that I have nothing. Will most likely make a show or two of Dropkick Murphy's St. Patrick's Day Weekend, since I've been going for 9 years
Don't always know what's right, perhaps we never will. But we'll put up a fight, so we can have free will, and we can have the choice; the choice to decide. Make up your mind, who is wrong or right? And who slipped through the cracks? Will we all just watch and sit down in the back? Or will we have to face our fears, and finally learn to act?

You know, I've made mistakes. I've had my ups and downs, my ins and outs, my share of bad breaks. But when it's all been said and done, I'll raise my beer and I'll swear God, it's been fun!
SuchADangerous

Postby Neil » 1/27/2010, 8:57 am

On Saturday (the 23rd) I went to see Flyleaf/Breaking Benjamin/3 Days Grace. It was kick ass.

Here's a link to the photo album from the show on my facebook. Let me know if the link doesn't work, but I believe it does!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 8a48a21dc8
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Shanae » 3/23/2010, 10:29 pm

So I saw Billy Talent, finally! I fell in 100% love with them four years ago, and my dreams finally came true.

The Cancer Bats opened. I enjoyed their energy and had fun, but their music is definitely not my thing.

Against Me! were on next, and I loved them! They have some great music and great energy. They were wonderful performers.

The last opening band was Alexisonfire. I'm not an Alexis fan (I can't take George's screaming for long), but I was wowed by them! They were very fun, very energetic, and were amazing. I'd call myself a minor fan now, which is a jump from where I was before. Plus, Mr. Petit gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up and I caught their towel.

BILLY TALENT. FINALLY. YEARS OF WAITING AND WISHING AND LOVING.

...and they don't play This Is How It Goes, Standing in the Rain, or Nothing to Lose. How can't they play NTL? Crowd fave, fan fave, and a single! I was really disappointed that NTL wasn't played since it was my favourite song for a long time and I was looking forward to shedding some tears for it.

However, despite the fact that they played for a horribly short amount of time, the time they were onstage was awesome. As always, Ben Kowalewicz was bouncing around shrieking and such. He can sure sing! Not to mention, um... he's even MORE beautiful in real life. Who would've thought you could make that man more beautiful? Well, face to face... gorgeous.

Try Honesty was probably my favourite song performed. That song is so classic. I also loved The Ex, River Below, Line and Sinker, Surrender (VERY MUCH SO... Dallas Green sang on it, it was gorgeous, I was choking up!), plus... okay, they were all favourites.

Fuckin' incredible.

Plus I was on the railing, front and center.
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/23/2010, 10:54 pm

Very cool. I have class with someone who saw them with Rancid and Rise Against over the summer in South Carolina, and said Billy Talent is very awesome live.

Did they play The Navy Song? Reaaaally big fan of that song.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Shanae » 3/24/2010, 10:29 pm

They're very awesome live. Ben's voice used to be really thin and pitchy in performances, but he's really improved. The other three have always been pretty solid performers... Ian D'sa was DRENCHED in sweat. It was kind of gross, actually. His hair stood up tall through all of that, still. What an incredible 'do.

They didn't play the Navy Song. They did a lot of stuff from III, for obvious reasons, and only did Try Honesty, Line and Sinker, The Ex, and River Below from their first album. I thought they would've had a few more classics thrown in there, but I hadn't paid attention to setlists before going to their show.

Also: really? I never was a fan of the Navy Song.
Shanae

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/24/2010, 10:51 pm

Haha yeah. A lot of their songs are either hit or miss for me... The Navy Song was one of them I could really get into from the first listen.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Matt. » 3/25/2010, 1:00 am

MindsOnLoan wrote:Very cool. I have class with someone who saw them with Rancid and Rise Against over the summer in South Carolina, and said Billy Talent is very awesome live.

Did they play The Navy Song? Reaaaally big fan of that song.

I saw them twice when they were touring II and they did The Navy Song both nights. It was glorious. :drool:
Matt.

Postby Johnny » 3/30/2010, 12:36 am

I saw Muse tonight. Pretty much the best live band ever.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby xjsb125 » 3/30/2010, 7:08 am

I understand they have a pretty killer lighting rig for their shows?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby faninor » 3/30/2010, 8:32 am

Muse is an outstanding live band. I haven't seen them this tour though I have heard they created quite the light/stage show yes.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Johnny » 3/30/2010, 9:12 am

Dude, their stage literally went up to the rafters in the arena. Its ridiculous. These pics are alright, but keep in mind that i was 200 feet away using a 3x zoom point and shoot camara. haha

Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Tattooed Angels » 3/30/2010, 5:27 pm

Here are some of my photos from when I saw Muse at MSG..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Re: CONCERTS

Postby MindsOnLoan » 3/27/2012, 7:32 pm

I realize most people here probably don't listen to much hip-hop, but I'm going to two upcoming concerts. I'm seeing J.Cole 4/19 (with Gym Class Heroes as the openers, although I can't stand them). Then the following week I'm seeing J.Cole again with another one of my current favorite rappers Big K.R.I.T. (Tyga will also be at that show, but he's another one I don't really like).
MindsOnLoan

Re: CONCERTS

Postby faninor » 3/27/2012, 9:14 pm

Have you heard of Example? Heard a song from him while I was in Australia, it was catchy.

Upcoming shows for me:

4/9 Garbage
4/19, 4/20, 4/24 OLP woot
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Previous