ClumsyMonkey.net

The Beatles 2.0?

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

The Beatles 2.0?

Postby bd007h » 4/4/2012, 8:48 pm

Paul's son James wants to start a new band with the sons of George, John, and Ringo.

Nothing may be sacred after all: Sir Paul McCartney's son James is interested in starting a second-generation Beatles band with John Lennon's son Sean, George Harrison's son Dhani and Ringo Starr's son Zak.

The band would apparently be called "The Beatles -- The Next Generation," AFP reports.

There's only one problem: they're out one drummer. Ringo's son Zak Starkey was not a fan of the idea. "I don't think it's something Zak wants to do," McCartney admitted, according to The Telegraph.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... _ref=false

I dunno how I feel about this
bd007h

Re: The Beatles 2.0?

Postby DG » 4/4/2012, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't care if they wanted to form a band, but for all that is sacred, don't name it THAT.
DG

Re: The Beatles 2.0?

Postby bd007h » 4/4/2012, 9:09 pm

DG wrote:I wouldn't care if they wanted to form a band, but for all that is sacred, don't name it THAT.

Yeah I agree with that. Especially if they are going to write their own material. If they just went and performed their dads' songs, then I'd be okay with them calling themselves that.
bd007h