ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby theo » 7/30/2021, 11:00 pm

The fact that Mike is involved at all should be considered somewhat miraculous considering it has been nearly 20 years since he left the band.

Very excited to hear this album, it is certainly the most promising OLP project in quite sometime IMHO
theo

Postby xjsb125 » 7/31/2021, 3:33 am

Dude! Where you been for so long?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby theo » 7/31/2021, 12:38 pm

xjsb125 wrote:Dude! Where you been for so long?

I guess I have become one of those fans that only comes out of the woodwork when a new release is upon us, although I missed the last album entirely :lol:
theo

Postby xjsb125 » 8/13/2021, 4:59 am

Looks like they dropped Run, The Message, and Wish You Well live in Saskatoon last night. No fan videos have surfaced yet as of this morning.
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 8/13/2021, 5:50 am

https://youtu.be/p_695PHmoog

Here there is "Wish You Well", on the AMA Raine defined it as "Are you Sad" sequel....it has definitely that vibe....I really like it.... I hope they'll drop a release date soon
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Heavy Alibi » 8/13/2021, 6:11 am

Interesting...not sure what to think of this one. Raine's vocals are definitely nowhere near Are You Sad's on that sequel, no falsetto, but maybe he's using opposite vocals on purpose?

And the chorus is pretty simplistic and a little too much repetition for me. I think this is the most repetition in an OLP song ever?
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Furious George » 8/13/2021, 6:58 am

Those synthy sitar sounding sounds + the guitar riffs are great.. totally reminds of some later Beatles songs.The last time I got that vibe from OLP was from "Happiness.."

Between the quite different textures of SMSPF, Good Die Young, and the little instrumentals heard here, I think it bodes well at least for a very interesting album from a production standpoint.
Furious George

Postby Flynner » 8/13/2021, 7:20 am

It sounded pretty cool but I hope there is a third verse, seemed to only catch two, but maybe I missed it. Looks like message might be a more up beat song since they opened with it. Hopefully someone will post a recording of both, refreshing YouTube lol
Flynner

Postby faninor » 8/13/2021, 12:35 pm

Heavy Alibi wrote:And the chorus is pretty simplistic and a little too much repetition for me. I think this is the most repetition in an OLP song ever?

I do hear some slight variations -- "it's alright" / "it'll be alright" / "you'll be alright" but yeah it's a simple chorus. I don't think that's at all unusual for Raine as a lyricist. Dirty Walls, Car Crash, Waited, Innocent, Monkey Brains have simple choruses as well, as far as the words go. Although in some cases the delivery and 'Raine-isms' keep them from ever feeling repetitive.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby ShatsBassoon » 8/14/2021, 4:02 am

Almost sounds like a bit of a throwback to some of the middle eastern themes from Naveed.
Sounds quite simple, but I imagine a lot of depth/layers are lost in live performance compared to production.
ShatsBassoon

Postby matt292 » 8/16/2021, 2:16 am

Love the music of 'Wish you well' but not hugely fond of the lyrics (yet more "alright"s from Steve/Duncan like 'Stop Making Stupid People Famous')

Some's posted a clip of The Message which is much more up my street!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNhAyNY-_CU

Really digging the sound of this one!
matt292

Postby OLPManiac » 8/16/2021, 10:18 am

I was about to post about "The Message/Monster" or whatever is the title.... it looks like a good falsetto there that is always welcomed, I'm getting pumped for the album honestly....a bit sad that we haven't a release date yet :D
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Driven » 8/16/2021, 11:47 am

Heavy Alibi wrote:And the chorus is pretty simplistic and a little too much repetition for me. I think this is the most repetition in an OLP song ever?

And ow, a-woo, ow, a-woo, ow, a-woo
Why-ee-I-ee-I-ee, yeah
Why-ee-I-ee-I-I
Why-ee-I-ee-I-ee, yeah
Why-ee-I-ee-I-I

Doesn't anybody ever know?
That the world's a subway, subway, I
Doesn't any, any, any, any, any
That the world's a subway, subway
Driven

Postby auriel » 8/16/2021, 11:37 pm

Since it's been a few days and no other recordings/clips have surfaced, I thought I'd post my audio recording so you all can hear the new songs in full. I'll leave it up in my Google Drive for a bit.

Full Saskatoon show from August 12, 2021

Posted in the Audio & Video Recordings section as well.
auriel

Postby matt292 » 8/17/2021, 3:15 am

auriel wrote:Since it's been a few days and no other recordings/clips have surfaced, I thought I'd post my audio recording so you all can hear the new songs in full. I'll leave it up in my Google Drive for a bit.

Thank you for this! Run and The Message sound AMAZING to me!! Very, very excited for the album now!
matt292

Postby xjsb125 » 8/17/2021, 7:02 am

Dude, Run. What a great mix of some Clumsy sounding OLP, peppered with some funk, and a little bit of electronic, and a little bit of Beatles.
xjsb125

Postby Flynner » 8/17/2021, 7:18 am

[quote="auriel"]Since it's been a few days and no other recordings/clips have surfaced, I thought I'd post my audio recording so you all can hear the new songs in full. I'll leave it up in my Google Drive for a bit.

:brad:

Posted in the Audio & Video Recordings section as well.[/quote :brad: ]

Thanks so much! Been refreshing YouTube everyday lol this is perfect
Flynner

Postby Teedus » 8/17/2021, 12:34 pm

Run sounds amazing. So does The Message.
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby OLEA » 8/17/2021, 3:55 pm

For lyrics and sounds of "Run", I feel some suspect that Mike Turner is involved in someway, same along "The message", that simple but interesting riffs and especially those lyrics, and Raine's hard scream similar to "The Birdman" studio version. Idk, I feel too some 90's remixed with funk, jazz inspiration and electronic. I always thought that these poppier sounds would be the OLP from 2005, if Bob Rock didn't put his commercial rock hands on HIPT, just earing demo of "Boy" with falsetto and pop atmosphere, "Vampires" lost demo with falsetto chorus, demo of "Where are you?", but we have that tendence from some decades ago, thank to "Immune" that we eard from OLP's Vault (remember to Coldplay evolution). So I guess that Spiritual Machines II is an album where the band doesn't hide it tendence, sounds cool, like a new studio era. You can to be disagree, but SP-II sounds as OLP too, but from another side and it not must sounds like first part to take same essence. Come on, old OLP fan from Clumsy era, give it a chance.

BTW, thanks for sharing audio concert!!
OLEA

Postby myownsatellite » 8/29/2021, 12:09 pm

auriel wrote:Since it's been a few days and no other recordings/clips have surfaced, I thought I'd post my audio recording so you all can hear the new songs in full. I'll leave it up in my Google Drive for a bit.

Thank you! I'm glad it is still up, I haven't been on my computer much lately so I am only just seeing it now :) Can't wait to give it a listen!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

PreviousNext