ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: General OLP News

Postby johnpeterson » 8/4/2020, 6:23 pm

SMII is being produced by David Sitek, of the band tvontheradio, an art rock / indie rock band

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Sitek
johnpeterson

Postby xjsb125 » 8/4/2020, 9:33 pm

Mixed feelings. That's an awfully big mountain to stand on. I'm glad they are seeking outside guidance with a proven producer. Excited for things to come!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby matt292 » 8/5/2020, 2:10 am

I don't often post here as I don't usually have much to offer, ha, but I am SO EXCITED for this. Spiritual Machines is my favourite album of all time, and while I'll try to keep my expectations to a minimum, I really enjoyed Somethingness.

Does anyone know if it's available to people in UK? I'm on my phone and could only see prices listed in USD or CAD. Also think timewise it'll be like 2am or something over here when it's on - anyone know if they record the stream on there for people to watch at a later date?
matt292

Postby myownsatellite » 8/5/2020, 5:44 am

matt292 wrote:I don't often post here as I don't usually have much to offer, ha, but I am SO EXCITED for this. Spiritual Machines is my favourite album of all time, and while I'll try to keep my expectations to a minimum, I really enjoyed Somethingness.

Does anyone know if it's available to people in UK? I'm on my phone and could only see prices listed in USD or CAD. Also think timewise it'll be like 2am or something over here when it's on - anyone know if they record the stream on there for people to watch at a later date?

I don't know about UK access, but from the website it says that it streams live and stays up for a week.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby PaperMoon » 8/5/2020, 12:44 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I don't know about UK access, but from the website it says that it streams live and stays up for a week.

It does??!? :mrgreen: I scoured that website but couldn't see anything about the video staying up after the show is over. Here's hoping!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby OLPManiac » 8/5/2020, 1:31 pm

myownsatellite wrote:
matt292 wrote:I don't often post here as I don't usually have much to offer, ha, but I am SO EXCITED for this. Spiritual Machines is my favourite album of all time, and while I'll try to keep my expectations to a minimum, I really enjoyed Somethingness.

I don't know about UK access, but from the website it says that it streams live and stays up for a week.

Where did you read of the week thing? I'm Europe based so I'm also curious if it will be available outside of Canada and US (I read about US on official OLP Page).

I turned the site upside down but couldn't find anything related.

I wanted to contact JuJu via the contact page but it seems broken.
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby paintedbynumbers » 8/6/2020, 12:42 pm

I have so many questions about this. So Side A would that be as if it were the record and only play the first 5-6 songs? Or is Side A considered the whole album of the original?

Also SM II is very strange when you think that SM came about due to Mike Turner reading the book and talking about it constantly to the other guys. Mike was a huge part of that album and why that album is essentially what it is. Doing an album called SM II without Mike is very, very odd to me.
paintedbynumbers

Postby myownsatellite » 8/6/2020, 5:33 pm

OLPManiac wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:

Where did you read of the week thing? I'm Europe based so I'm also curious if it will be available outside of Canada and US (I read about US on official OLP Page).

I don't know, I remember seeing it when I went to the main page to buy tickets. It was up there somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby johnpeterson » 8/6/2020, 6:55 pm

paintedbynumbers wrote:Doing an album called SM II without Mike is very, very odd to me.

however not unexpected.... raine's ego is a force to be reckoned with

I don't pretend to know whether mike or raine are better or worse human beings than each other, and I only became a fan after mike left and never got to meet him....but so many fans loved him, just as a person. his input into SMII would be invaluable.

can anyone confirm more details about what happened with Mike almost coming back in 2014 for that tour for the 20th anniversary of naveed? Maybe any chance he'll come back in 2020??

Jeremy still talks to Mike on Twitter as recently as last month.
johnpeterson

Postby gibbits » 8/7/2020, 9:08 am

paintedbynumbers wrote:I have so many questions about this. So Side A would that be as if it were the record and only play the first 5-6 songs? Or is Side A considered the whole album of the original?

Also SM II is very strange when you think that SM came about due to Mike Turner reading the book and talking about it constantly to the other guys. Mike was a huge part of that album and why that album is essentially what it is. Doing an album called SM II without Mike is very, very odd to me.

Side A ends after Are You Sad and the interlude following. No Junkie or If You Believe :(. Yeah, no Mike and no Jeremy is a major red flag, but you know that album slams on bass so maybe Duncan is going to be front and centre here?

Just a reminder the last two(?) albums Raine claimed were a return to Naveed, so you know guys... don't let this hype you so much.
gibbits

Postby OLPManiac » 8/7/2020, 3:12 pm

myownsatellite wrote:I don't know, I remember seeing it when I went to the main page to buy tickets. It was up there somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where.

I wonder if there is a way to contact Juju or the band....before buying tickets I want to know if at least is geo-restricted (I won't be surprised it will be), but they don't reply on Twitter

OLPManiac

Postby paintedbynumbers » 8/8/2020, 4:36 am

If they played the full album I would be in. $15 for a few songs and a couple of clips isn't really my cup of tea. I get that it supports the band and all but still.
paintedbynumbers

Postby Roe » 8/17/2020, 7:33 am

OLPManiac wrote:
myownsatellite wrote:

This one is up for 48 hours as VOD - I emailed and asked since I am working and the 9pm start might be tough to make. You should be able to get around the geo restriction (if there is one) with a VPN but if you want to ask before buying I reached them via email at support@jujulive.ca
Roe

Postby xjsb125 » 8/17/2020, 10:02 am

Thanks for that info!
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 8/17/2020, 4:15 pm

Roe wrote:
OLPManiac wrote:

This one is up for 48 hours as VOD - I emailed and asked since I am working and the 9pm start might be tough to make. You should be able to get around the geo restriction (if there is one) with a VPN but if you want to ask before buying I reached them via email at support@jujulive.ca

Thank you Roe....I was aware of that in fact just wanted to share here and I found your message.

OLPManiac

Postby ShatsBassoon » 8/17/2020, 7:51 pm

johnpeterson wrote:
paintedbynumbers wrote:Doing an album called SM II without Mike is very, very odd to me.

however not unexpected.... raine's ego is a force to be reckoned with

I don't pretend to know whether mike or raine are better or worse human beings than each other, and I only became a fan after mike left and never got to meet him....but so many fans loved him, just as a person. his input into SMII would be invaluable.

can anyone confirm more details about what happened with Mike almost coming back in 2014 for that tour for the 20th anniversary of naveed? Maybe any chance he'll come back in 2020??

Jeremy still talks to Mike on Twitter as recently as last month.

Apparently Raine and Mike still communicate.
Take that for what it's worth.
https://mobile.twitter.com/rainemaida/status/1291833190852603904
ShatsBassoon

Postby xjsb125 » 8/17/2020, 9:09 pm

Raine had mentioned he still talks to Mike a few months back when we were on the Summersault live chat. Glad they are on good terms.
xjsb125

Postby johnpeterson » 8/18/2020, 2:58 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:

honestly this is shocking to me.... in a good way, but shocking. and to hear raine say it in his own words, on his official twitter. wow.

it makes me a happy little olp fan.
johnpeterson

Postby ShatsBassoon » 8/18/2020, 5:03 pm

johnpeterson wrote:
ShatsBassoon wrote:

honestly this is shocking to me.... in a good way, but shocking. and to hear raine say it in his own words, on his official twitter. wow.

We all grow in time. It took pink floyd 24 years to bury the hatchet.
ShatsBassoon

Postby johnpeterson » 8/18/2020, 6:46 pm

ShatsBassoon wrote:
johnpeterson wrote:
ShatsBassoon wrote:

We all grow in time. It took pink floyd 24 years to bury the hatchet.

true... also took almost 30 years for Mustaine to get back on stage playing with Metallica

curiously i did a search on raine's twitter account, this is the first and only time he's mentioned Mike's name on there (he opened his account in 2009)
johnpeterson

PreviousNext