ClumsyMonkey.net

Techies, Help Shanae. Please.

Serious discussion area.
You realize that sometimes you're not okay, you level off, you level off, you level off...

Techies, Help Shanae. Please.

Postby Shanae » 5/17/2010, 4:26 pm

I beg of you.

I'm making a video for MuchMusic's My Date With Marianas Trench... don't judge me. Anyways, the computer I use has Windows 7. I downloaded both Windows Live Movie Maker (which was a fail -- it doesn't have any sound and is therefore useless to me), and Windows Movie Maker 2.6. However, when I filmed the videos, I used two different digital cameras. I used my mother's, which saves files as .AVI, and my own, which saves files as .MOV. Windows Live MM allows me to view and work with both types of files, but WMM 2.6 does not allow the .MOV files in.

I need the videos with the .MOV, because those are the ones where I have other people in them. The .AVI files are videos of me talking, which I can redo with another camera if necessasry. It doesn't quite work out that way.

So, you all should know by now that I'm disabled with this sort of thing. I know the basics and that's about it. I need to convert my .MOV files into .AVI files to use WMM 2.6, which I'm familiar with, because that's what we use for school.

Oh, and the video's due for May 19... Wednesday. Procrastination strikes again.

Anyone that can help me would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I assume you're going to suggest the Converter's Little Helper or whatever it is called. Can I just use that? (I have to download it again because we got a new computer since I downloaded it for the OLP stuff.)

Please and thank you. :)
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Shanae » 5/17/2010, 4:44 pm

Or are there legit movie making sites, easy and quick, painless (!) that I could use?
Shanae

Postby xjsb125 » 5/17/2010, 5:09 pm

Trader's Little Helper is only for audio. How big is the .MOV file? I can convert it to AVI for you if you'd like. You just need to upload it somewhere and I'll grab it and send it back.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Shanae » 5/17/2010, 10:40 pm

Shizzle. Too bad WMM 2.5 doesn't play .MOVs! This is ridiculous. Umm just upload them to Youtube or what? I don't know. Hate to sound like my mother/health teacher but that's a bit weird and unsafe. (Even though I've said my name and where I went to a concert on here.) Are there any programs I could use?
Shanae

Postby xjsb125 » 5/18/2010, 3:38 am

No, I was going to suggest uploading them to Rapidshare or Megaupload.

You might try a program called Super. It's a freeware program, and can handle converting most video files. Otherwise, you'll have to use a paid program.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Shanae » 5/18/2010, 3:40 pm

I'm going to try this site my friend recommended: onetruemedia.com. Thanks for the help. With my luck, I'll be back here using your advice despite my attempts at this website. Thanks Matt!
Shanae