ClumsyMonkey.net

Inkcarceration

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Inkcarceration

Postby xjsb125 » 7/11/2018, 8:14 am

Is there anyone who wanted to go to Inkcarceration on Saturday but just couldn't afford a ticket?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Re: Inkcarceration

Postby xjsb125 » 7/14/2018, 7:58 pm

For a festival show, wow! What a great freaking performance. Vocally, Raine at the best I've heard in a long time.
xjsb125

Postby Hugh23 » 7/15/2018, 7:14 pm

8pm just as the sun went down behind the trees

1.Hiding Place for Hearts
2. Superman's Dead
3. Innocent
4. Drop Me in the Water
5. Is Anybody Home?
6. Maps (Yeah Yeahs Cover)
7. One Man Army
8. Somewhere Out There
9. Not Enough
10.Clumsy
11. Starseed

It was a sunny day with a few clouds drifting by as rock & roll fans gathered on the grounds of the Ohio State Reformatory, where the film "The Shawshank Redemption" was filmed, for an outdoor rock festival. Concert goers were allowed to tour the prison which was closed in 1963. One could walk through many of the actual rooms used on the movie set. The rooms and the old movie props were dusty and uncared for. Information posted on the tour stated 32 prisoner died in the electric chair here.

The day was very hot, but thankfully the humidity was low. When Our Lady Peace came on stage the temperature was 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The headliners for the festival were OLP followed by Bush. I met up with Tom & Matt from this board to watch the show. Matt is right. Raine and the rest of the band were fantastic! The band was definitely pumped up for their set as the Ohio fans really got into the music. Many times Raine would stick his microphone out into the crowd and everyone was singing along perfectly.

I have been to other shows with Tom & Matt before, but we always watched the concert from different places. It was so fun to stand next to these guys and sing and cheer like we did. I was able to to bounce up and down incessantly without knocking those guys over (lol). I had great fun watching the band with my friends.

Unfortunately, my photographer (my wife :D ), couldn't make it to the show so I don't have as many good concert pictures as normal:

I got to hang out as the bus and trailer were were loaded for the trip home:

Myself, Jason, James (the #1 roadie & Steve's guitar tech) with Duncan

Duncan

Duncan in action:
MUTE_20180715_181344
Hugh23

Postby xjsb125 » 7/15/2018, 8:46 pm

It was a lot of fun! Hopefully it won't be long until we get to another show together again.
xjsb125