ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: General OLP News

Postby astute_99 » 4/16/2020, 1:33 pm

I suppose too with a fully functional studio in his basement that he's probably more likely to work on some Moon Sun stuff with Chantal...

I don't mean to put pressure on the guys or anything. My expectations really aren't that high. Still, I do believe at some point here as we all learn to adjust that some great music is going to come out of it, OLP included.
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby xjsb125 » 4/16/2020, 3:16 pm

Well, that was a lot of fun!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby namkablam » 4/16/2020, 3:24 pm

OLPness and naked Duncan FOR LIFE! <3 *kisses*
namkablam
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby xjsb125 » 4/16/2020, 3:26 pm

Damn right!
xjsb125

Postby DG » 4/16/2020, 8:16 pm

I knew this was coming, but I wasn't expecting an hour + so I'm pretty damn pleased.
DG

Postby xjsb125 » 4/16/2020, 8:49 pm

Hey gang, I hope all of you enjoyed the live premier of Summersault as much as I did. The live chat was a lot of fun, and I thought it might be fun to get everyone together on a Zoom meeting tomorrow night to catch up and say hi, and enjoy each other's company since we can't get to a show together right now. Poke your head in and say hi for a minute, I'd love to see you all!

Meeting url: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77602772807
No password required
Start time: 8PM EST
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 4/17/2020, 6:08 am

xjsb125 wrote:Hey gang, I hope all of you enjoyed the live premier of Summersault as much as I did. The live chat was a lot of fun, and I thought it might be fun to get everyone together on a Zoom meeting tomorrow night to catch up and say hi, and enjoy each other's company since we can't get to a show together right now. Poke your head in and say hi for a minute, I'd love to see you all!

No password required

Can someone remind me? I am usually doing bedtime around 8 and I want to be able to get on and say hi (which means I'll have to tell the child she needs to go to sleep OR ELSE :evil: )!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby OLPManiac » 4/17/2020, 10:49 am

xjsb125 wrote:Hey gang, I hope all of you enjoyed the live premier of Summersault as much as I did. The live chat was a lot of fun, and I thought it might be fun to get everyone together on a Zoom meeting tomorrow night to catch up and say hi, and enjoy each other's company since we can't get to a show together right now. Poke your head in and say hi for a minute, I'd love to see you all!

No password required

Ah shit....also if Friday I probably will be in bed but I'll jump on if I'll be awake....for me it will be a chance to know every one of you....such a shame that was in place for the live stream and I didn't know I would've joined.

Anyway Zoom got pretty infamous lately cause security issue....but I don't have free alternatives in mind...maybe Google?
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 4/17/2020, 7:06 pm

Great video chat. Rich, Duncan and Steve dropped in to say hi for a bit too. Good times!
xjsb125

Postby ivewaited » 4/18/2020, 5:49 pm

Hey guys! Long time no see.. Just saw Summersault.. AMAZING!! I was also wondering if anyone can shoot me a message with some moon vs sun. Can’t get my hands on it anywhere, anyhow..
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby OLPManiac » 4/26/2020, 2:39 am

ivewaited wrote:Hey guys! Long time no see.. Just saw Summersault.. AMAZING!! I was also wondering if anyone can shoot me a message with some moon vs sun. Can’t get my hands on it anywhere, anyhow..

Yeah I'd like to hear too...Raine is promising their US release (usually it makes it available worldwide) since months but nothing happened ( I guess that also covid played its part) and he said also recently that that they're trying to release but still nothing to date

OLPManiac

Postby xjsb125 » 4/26/2020, 3:10 am

I'm pretty sure you can order the CD through amazon.ca.
xjsb125

Postby xjsb125 » 4/26/2020, 3:12 am

Also, how are things in Italy?! I meant to reach out to you a few weeks ago and my work schedule got changed and I forgot. I'm assuming you're safe and healthy?
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 5/9/2020, 1:08 pm

xjsb125 wrote:Also, how are things in Italy?! I meant to reach out to you a few weeks ago and my work schedule got changed and I forgot. I'm assuming you're safe and healthy?

I didn't think about Amazon thanks for the tip....and also thanks for asking no worries if you didn't reach out cause well we're always busy.
Also, I guess you were an essential worker so you didn't stop a second probably :D and sorry for the late answer, unfortunately checking ClumsyMonkey is not like the good old days :)

Anyway...I wasn't there in the middle of the pandemic (and I'm not as of today), cause I moved to Ireland one year ago so I didn't live the problems that Italy had (here in Ireland wasn't that big hit also if I have some doubts on reporting), but also if I wasn't in Italy luckily thanks to my job and government directives here I managed to stay safe at home (except of course, for essential trips to grocery store and stuff like that).

I'm originally from South Italy and I don't know if international medias told but down there the impact was lower than North (luckily I'd add, cause South is also poorer in terms of practically everything), so also my family stayed somewhat safe.

Now it looks everything is slowly getting back to normal or at least is safer...let's hope that people won't ruin everything with their stubbornness :D

OLPManiac

Postby johnpeterson » 8/4/2020, 4:42 pm

New album coming, called.....

SPIRITUAL MACHINES II

Wow, they are officially making a sequel album to Spiritual Machines folks, just announced on twitter alongside announcement of live performance of "Side A" of Spiritual Machines

https://twitter.com/OurLadyPeace/status ... 1998787584
johnpeterson

Postby OLPManiac » 8/4/2020, 4:45 pm

It's nice to see how also if the forum had been quite lately every time that there is a news OLP related we jump here to share!

Jaysus guys I honestly can't believe it.....I wonder where they want to go musically...I'm excited as hell...a bit worried for "later this year" equivalent in OLP's time....but again I can't complain :D

Hopefully they won't put blocks on the stream, but I rely on my OLP friend just in case from Canada for an eventual December release :D

OLPManiac

Postby Flynner » 8/4/2020, 4:59 pm

xjsb125 wrote:I think that's reading into it a little bit much, but it's still nice to know that ideas are churning.

I guess I wasn't reading to much into it!!! Woot spiritual machines II!!! Are you kidding me, such amazing news I am beyond excited
Flynner

Postby gibbits » 8/4/2020, 5:22 pm

This is a really... weird move. SM is a fan favorite and calling this album SMII really sets the bar high. I'm cautiously optimistic, but SM is the high-water mark of OLP output, and they haven't reached that in 20 years.
gibbits

Postby dumbandjaded13 » 8/4/2020, 5:27 pm

This has me extremely excited. Hopefully they use similar sounds/themes/styles as the first one! The vibe of that album from start to finish is my favorite of theirs. I'm really curious if the current state of the world we're living is pushing them to revisit SM?
dumbandjaded13

Postby Flynner » 8/4/2020, 5:35 pm

Tickets bought for the live stream August 20th, so pumped! Loved somethingness I really think they found a great mix of old and new and with influence from spiritual machines for this album I couldn't be happier this is beautiful
Flynner

PreviousNext