ClumsyMonkey.net

General OLP News

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: General OLP News

Postby xjsb125 » 8/2/2019, 5:35 pm

I have no idea how to capture the video. I've never successfully capped a live stream. Audio however...
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby xjsb125 » 8/2/2019, 7:04 pm

Well Jonny, you only missed one song. :/
xjsb125

Postby xjsb125 » 8/2/2019, 8:33 pm

Swing by the downloads page (clusmymonkey.net/downloads/) and you can grab a nice mp3 of Starseed from the stream tonight.
xjsb125

Postby OLPManiac » 8/5/2019, 10:05 am

xjsb125 wrote:Swing by the downloads page (clusmymonkey.net/downloads/) and you can grab a nice mp3 of Starseed from the stream tonight.

There is a little typo in the link :) http://www.clumsymonkey.net/downloads/
By the way what a quality, can't wait for the full stream and I hope that sooner or later the guys will do another official live release, the last is from 2003 well maybe 2005 if we take A Decade DVD...
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby johnpeterson » 8/16/2019, 12:52 pm

I just listened to the unreleased song "Tales from a Grocery List" for the first time in forever, and man is it good!

Raine's falsetto is amazing! I really wish they would've released it, or would release it now!
johnpeterson

Postby Flynner » 8/18/2019, 2:47 pm

[code][/code]Olp just posted a video on insta and I think the song is the beginning of stop making stupid people famous?
Last edited by Flynner on 3/30/2020, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 9/8/2019, 8:35 am

Looks like they brought the new song back out last night in Michigan. It's updated from when they debuted it, and sounds a lot more interesting now, and Jason even gets in on some backing vocals. Here's a video someone posted of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjVcxCwGTbg
xjsb125

Postby titanMAX » 9/10/2019, 3:55 pm

I like it a lot more now. I actually can't wait for the studio now.
titanMAX

Postby Flynner » 12/4/2019, 12:20 pm

Check out Raines last Insta post, sounds like spiritual machines will be an influence on the new music coming! Great news
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 12/4/2019, 5:53 pm

I think that's reading into it a little bit much, but it's still nice to know that ideas are churning.
xjsb125

Postby Flynner » 3/20/2020, 9:54 am

Check out Raines IG story he is playing a new OLP song that they are finishing
Flynner

Postby dumbandjaded13 » 3/22/2020, 11:27 am

I heard it, wish I'd tried to record it. Definitely a different guitar sound and general feeling than their last couple of albums.
dumbandjaded13

Postby Trustworthy » 3/27/2020, 6:54 am

oh hey
Trustworthy

Postby Flynner » 3/28/2020, 3:08 pm

I recorded it if anyone wants to hear it. I like it sounds cool...and hey Trusty! Something coming soon?
Flynner

Postby xjsb125 » 4/12/2020, 12:44 am

Looks like last year's Summersault concert video will be on OLP's YouTube channel on Thursday April 16th at 4PM EST. Rich (Trustworthy) has worked tirelessly on this for months in between all his other music video gigs and world travels. It should be great!
xjsb125

Postby astute_99 » 4/14/2020, 1:38 pm

Great news! Hi Trusty! We've had some awesome people capturing concerts over the years, but you know if Rich is involved with production that it's going to be something special. I really can't wait.

I also wonder if this is planned forward momentum by the band towards an album release this year, or if they're just bored with quarantine like all of us and decided the timing was right to release this and it's not really a harbinger of new material... thoughts anybody?
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby todddowney » 4/15/2020, 9:22 am

astute_99 wrote:Great news! Hi Trusty! We've had some awesome people capturing concerts over the years, but you know if Rich is involved with production that it's going to be something special. I really can't wait.

I also wonder if this is planned forward momentum by the band towards an album release this year, or if they're just bored with quarantine like all of us and decided the timing was right to release this and it's not really a harbinger of new material... thoughts anybody?

They didn't include Stop Making Stupid People Famous for the performance setlist even though it was included in their set. Song has been finished and recorded for some time, now (email sent awhile back previewed it as an upcoming single). Things change, but why not include it for this release? On the positive side, perhaps that is also coming soon.
todddowney

Postby xjsb125 » 4/15/2020, 7:35 pm

Rich has been working at this for a while. I feel like this project was more destined for release than anything else that has been filmed in the last decade. As for new material being released this year...wouldn't hold my breath. Getting wound up for a new release isn't something I would recommend until the band says here's the name of the album and here is where you can pre-order it. we've had 3-5 year gaps in between releases for a long time, and I don't think this will be any different. As for the Summersault video, I'm hyped for it!
xjsb125

Postby astute_99 » 4/16/2020, 11:10 am

xjsb125 wrote:Rich has been working at this for a while. I feel like this project was more destined for release than anything else that has been filmed in the last decade. As for new material being released this year...wouldn't hold my breath.

Good info. I might even extend that beyond a decade, as the last mostly complete pro-shot show I can think of is Massey Hall for HiPT (again, some great concert footage has come out since then, thanks to the tapers). It's great news to hear Rich and the team have been working so hard on it.

Regarding the new material though, I'm not sure I agree with you. Under normal circumstances I'd agree that a release not until next year at the earliest and probably beyond that is to be expected. Nobody is more familiar with OLP's lazy release cycle and false teases that lead nowhere than us CMers - how many times has a song played live or clip released online lead to nothing?

However, with the world in quarantine I've noticed a huge uptick is artistic creation online, and I wonder if it might spur them on. I'd expect they're all spending at least some time working on material every day at this point. It's nice to have a sense of sonder during these times, imagining Steve jamming on a new riff, or Raine working on a poem that will be new lyrics, as I sit here and write this. They're all trapped at home like us, why not work on some music between family and etc to fill the day?

That doesn't mean an album is coming in a few months, the logistics of even just recording an album right now are a nightmare, but I do believe they're going to get a HUGE amount of new music out of this ordeal. And I'm betting they'll figure out how to release it sooner rather than later (singles?).

A believe humanity will ride the wave of a second Renaissance when this is all over, and we're going to be witness to a plethora of amazing art from amazing artists.
-Ken-
Be all that you envy...
astute_99

Postby OLPManiac » 4/16/2020, 12:43 pm

I'm pumped as hell for Summersault release in fact tonight (European Time is night) I'll enjoy while having dinner :D

As for concert releases I'm still disappointed with the band that never released Clumsy / Spiritual Machine 2010, it's such a waste of probably really amazing material, but hey I'm still hoping.

For new music...well Somethingness is pretty recent so as everyone said I won't hold my breath...as for logistics, well I guess that if they want they can....Alter Bridge (one of my favorites bands) recorded his last album without being in the studio together (that is quite sad for me for a band but that's another story) and it was actually good (not their best but good).

I mean quarantine can be boring, but it happened in an era where basically with technology we can overcome almost everything...for example I didn't stop working cause as software developer I can do my job from home despite I work for a company....and I guess that recording an album is definitely something achievable, but we know OLP, and also I really can't complain if Raine enjoys more time with his kids than recording another album or songs or whatever during the day :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

PreviousNext