ClumsyMonkey.net

Anyone else feel like Curve is really under-rated?

This is for you, this is for us...

Anyone else feel like Curve is really under-rated?

Postby Braden » 9/23/2018, 7:45 pm

The album is so unique and I feel like it's one of their best. Every song is good to me and it feels like I can listen to the album over and over and not get bored of it. Anyone else feel this way?
Braden

Re: Anyone else feel like Curve is really under-rated?

Postby xjsb125 » 9/23/2018, 9:01 pm

I thought it was a solid release. Will Someday Change is the only skipper for me. I wish more tracks off this album got live play. As far as being underrated, I don't know if I would go that far. It fits comfortably into the catalog, somewhere in the middle for most fans. Great playing and production on it.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tinman » 9/26/2018, 6:25 am

I really loved it. I was excited to see what direction the music would go in after, since it was a return to some of their earlier sounds, yet a deviation from every sound i'd heard until Curve. Somethingness was a strange evolution. I was sort of hoping for a curve #2 with a little more vocal technicality.

I even like Will Someday Change. I guess my least favorite being AFAYC, just because i find it the least interesting and most straight forward.
Tinman

Postby Hugh23 » 9/27/2018, 10:43 am

xjsb125 wrote:I thought it was a solid release. Will Someday Change is the only skipper for me. I wish more tracks off this album got live play. As far as being underrated, I don't know if I would go that far. It fits comfortably into the catalog, somewhere in the middle for most fans. Great playing and production on it.

lol I love Curve and listen to it often, like you Braden. It is underrated (IMHO). I like all of the songs on it, but especially, Will Someday Change. Thanks alot for the vote of confidence Matt. :D
Hugh23

Postby OLPManiac » 9/28/2018, 3:57 pm

For me, Rabbits is one of the best OLP's song...I really love the song and it seems also the band that played it live a lot of times...also Find Our Way is nice and all the song that you told...probably it's not their best album but one of the top in the post Spiritual Era (also if I like every record in some ways)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby A2K » 10/3/2018, 10:10 pm

I suppose it could be considered underrated, although most hardcore OLP fans universally loved it. So in that regard, among the biggest fans, I don't think it's underrated (maybe even overrated).

It lacked commercial appeal. Aside from Heavyweight, which was a bit a throwback almost nostalgic OLP sound, everything else was dark and experimental. Great to listen to intellectually by yourself, but not something you'd put on while entertaining friends. As that's what some people want out of music it's easy to see why it would be considered less than their more commercial stuff.
A2K

Postby Driven » 10/4/2018, 7:13 am

As Fast As You Can was a very poppy and commercially appealing song. I also think Allowance somewhat fits into that vain, although less of a standout track.
Driven

Postby A2K » 10/4/2018, 6:16 pm

Driven wrote:As Fast As You Can was a very poppy and commercially appealing song. I also think Allowance somewhat fits into that vain, although less of a standout track.

Yes you're right. Especially regarding As Fast As You Can.
A2K

Postby PaperMoon » 10/4/2018, 6:52 pm

"If This Is It" has been my alarm clock ringtone for years. <3
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby xjsb125 » 10/6/2018, 9:44 am

FYI I moved the posts about Rochester over to the appropriate thread in the Meetups and Concerts forum.

Looks like the guys are winding down for the year. Raine will probably go full on Moon vs. Sun, and hopefully a live video from London back in March is in the works.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125