ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP/Matt Good Collaboration!? Tour!?

This is for you, this is for us...

OLP/Matt Good Collaboration!? Tour!?

Postby dumbandjaded13 » 11/15/2017, 3:15 pm

Anyone else see this video posted a few minutes ago?

https://twitter.com/OurLadyPeace/status ... 7882293248

Hope somebody has the inside scoop on what's happening!!
dumbandjaded13

Re: OLP/Matt Good Collaboration!? Tour!?

Postby StraightEdge » 11/15/2017, 3:26 pm

Just assumed it would be a tour, but than I thought that maybe it could be a collab on Ballad of a Poet?
StraightEdge

Postby blueseeka » 11/15/2017, 6:52 pm

Damn that could be fun. I thought they had talked about Feb/Mar tour for Canada on their FB live video
blueseeka

Postby dumbandjaded13 » 11/16/2017, 9:25 am

Here it is, tour dates! Now I have to figure out if I can get to Canada in March 2018, hahaha

https://twitter.com/mattgood/status/931179077217566721
dumbandjaded13

Postby RileyLewis » 11/16/2017, 3:57 pm

Man...this is disappointing.

Not as an OLP fan, but as a huge MG fan. His new album he just put out is AMAZING, and now he is going to be forced to co-headline with OLP. This means only 9-10 songs for each band instead of a full set, which means all singles. I've come to expect that with OLP since they've been on the decline for a decade, but MG continues to push new ground with each record, constantly changing styles and almost even genres.

I was really hoping for an awesome MG tour this winter, but now this...is it worth the hundreds of dollars to drive a few hours, get hotels, tickets, etc?

I had made my peace that OLP was essentially a stagnant band at this point and that I had no desire to see them again, but they've managed to disappoint even further and take away the chance of a solo tour for an even better artist. It's disappointing.
RileyLewis

Postby xjsb125 » 11/16/2017, 5:17 pm

I'm excited because for me, I've never had the chance to see Matt play with a full band. I've seen him solo acoustic twice, but I want that full band experience. The good news is, nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket, Matt will probably play lots more awesome shows with awesome sets. I also don't think anyone is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to do anything. I'm sure he will go out and have a killer tour on his own if he is well enough physically and mentally after this one.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby titanMAX » 11/16/2017, 6:12 pm

RileyLewis wrote:Man...this is disappointing.

Not as an OLP fan, but as a huge MG fan. His new album he just put out is AMAZING, and now he is going to be forced to co-headline with OLP. This means only 9-10 songs for each band instead of a full set, which means all singles. I've come to expect that with OLP since they've been on the decline for a decade, but MG continues to push new ground with each record, constantly changing styles and almost even genres.

I was really hoping for an awesome MG tour this winter, but now this...is it worth the hundreds of dollars to drive a few hours, get hotels, tickets, etc?

I had made my peace that OLP was essentially a stagnant band at this point and that I had no desire to see them again, but they've managed to disappoint even further and take away the chance of a solo tour for an even better artist. It's disappointing.

Like what? I get the whole you're really into to Matt Good and not so much OLP anymore, music tastes vary and change obviously. But you can't say that you're disappointed in OLP for orchestrating this tour as if Good had no say. If anything you'd be upset with Good for bypassing a full tour to play with the declining/stagnant OLP.

But maybe you're right, this winter was possibly the last time Matt Good will ever tour again and OLP took it from him.

See how ridiculous that sounds?
titanMAX

Postby Fabio_kun » 11/16/2017, 10:36 pm

I honestly think people just need to complain about things. I was reading the conversation over at Near Fantastic (MG Forum) and people are bitching about this co-headlining situation.

To be fair I can only see the bright side to this tour. I'm a huge OLP and MG fan and being able to see both artists together is definitely a dream come true for me. Matt put out an amazing tour last winter playing Beautiful Midnight and I'm sure regardless of setlist length from this upcoming tour all concerts will be great.

I'm 100% buying tickets for both Massey and Rebel and most likely getting my first ever VIP to meet them all.
After fucking 18 years being a fan and finally now being a permanent resident in Canada I can get to enjoying seeing these guys live.

For the MG fans out there bummed about this tour, I'm sure he'll be playing more shows in promoting the new album after this co-headlining tour.
Fabio_kun

Postby Fabio_kun » 11/17/2017, 9:31 am

Anyone else buying tickets? Just bought mine for Rebel in Toronto and also thinking about buying the VIP experience but $275 may be a bit too steep. I cannot seem to be able to SELECT SEATS for Massey Hall tho... it only give me random seat options which kinda sucks.
Fabio_kun

Postby Matt. » 11/17/2017, 11:25 am

Fabio_kun wrote:Anyone else buying tickets? Just bought mine for Rebel in Toronto and also thinking about buying the VIP experience but $275 may be a bit too steep. I cannot seem to be able to SELECT SEATS for Massey Hall tho... it only give me random seat options which kinda sucks.

I'm going to both nights. Also, it's now allowing me to select specific presale seats for the Massey Hall show - I'd check again!
Matt.

Postby Hugh23 » 11/17/2017, 11:28 am

The reason you can't select your actual seats for the concert is because today is a fan presale from the band and a presale for American Express card holders. The band/venue/Ticketmaster only makes certain seats available for the presales. Actual ticket sales for the general public takes place next Friday, November 24th, 2017.

I scored some awesome main floor tickets in the 8th row for the Budweiser Gardens in London, ON. I have never seen Matt Good and I really don't know his music, but the enthusiasm you guys have for him makes me even more excited about this tour. I think I may have to purchase Matt's new album as I wait for Somethingness Vol. II to drop in January 2018.

Also, during the OLP/IME tour, in which I saw two performances, I remember each band playing 15 songs. That's not a full concert for either band, but it's pretty close to a regular headlining performance.
Hugh23

Postby Fabio_kun » 11/17/2017, 12:10 pm

Thanks for explaining guys.

Massey Hall is so fucking expensive for good tickets. WTH.
Rebel is definitely going to be an amazing experience.
Fabio_kun

Postby myownsatellite » 11/17/2017, 9:17 pm

There's no way I'll be able to afford the trip for this one, which sucks balls because I have wanted to see these two together for years. This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. I guess I'll live vicariously through all of you.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby PaperMoon » 11/26/2017, 12:04 am

I'm hoping to catch a couple of these shows out west, if all goes well. It's going to be such a different experience than the US tour they just finished. I love seeing them in small venues where you can be up front within arm's reach of the band. It's such an amazing experience feeling like you're in the music. This tour, they'll be playing a lot of big auditoriums/arenas. Trying to get a good seat is a complete crapshoot with all the different pre-sales. 1st and 2nd row seats for all the shows I looked at are $325 & $295 respectively per seat, and that's Ticketmaster prices, not even resale! Eeeps! 8O I'll definitely be enjoying this show from further back!! Anyway, I'm really excited they're doing this tour. Sounds like it was a long time in the making!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby PaperMoon » 11/26/2017, 12:10 am

I guess the one upside to assigned seating for me is not having to stand for 6 solid hours and enduring severe back pain. Also, not having to cut off fluid intake at 2pm to avoid having to use the bathroom at any point during the night. And less chance of being in someone's armpit. (Okay, several upsides.)
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby ihatethunderbay » 12/13/2017, 5:03 pm

wow I haven't been to this place in 8 billion years.

anyone going to the Ottawa show? I'm going by myself but it would be cool to meet up with some people.
hating thunder bay since 2003
ihatethunderbay

Postby xjsb125 » 1/23/2018, 3:07 pm

Not too much revealing in the Facebook live chat today. Interesting that they are planning on having a collaborative encore though!
xjsb125

Postby paintedbynumbers » 2/13/2018, 6:41 pm

I see the band is tweeting out potential songs for the tour and offering polls for the fans to vote. Great idea, only problem is the fans are voting for songs we hear every tour instead of the deep cuts.
paintedbynumbers

Postby titanMAX » 2/13/2018, 6:50 pm

The idea of Story About a Girl making the set in 2018 is really weird. Was that a fan favorite back in the day? I thought most of Gravity wasn't looked at too fondly by the band.
titanMAX

Postby xjsb125 » 2/13/2018, 9:35 pm

It was played 35 times in 2002, but never again after that.
xjsb125

Next