ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby Locobone » 8/11/2017, 5:37 pm

Just wanted to point out this thread of New Album News started FIVE YEARS AGO....

So yeah. It's good to finally have a kick ass lead single, album title, artwork, release date and tour all nailed down. Patience isn't my strong suit but judging from the studio version of this song, it'll have been worth the wait.
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Flynner » 8/11/2017, 8:22 pm

I love the sinlge great tune... iffy about the album name but I'll reserve my judgement for when we see what if means
Flynner

Postby A2K » 8/11/2017, 10:43 pm

Smooke wrote:https://ufile.io/8dhi7

I ripped the song. Quality is ok.

Don't say that I don't do anything for you all! :)

Smooke I don't think we've ever interfaced on here. But you're my hero and I owe you a beer.
A2K

Postby OLPManiac » 8/12/2017, 7:09 am

Locobone wrote:Just wanted to point out this thread of New Album News started FIVE YEARS AGO....

So yeah. It's good to finally have a kick ass lead single, album title, artwork, release date and tour all nailed down. Patience isn't my strong suit but judging from the studio version of this song, it'll have been worth the wait.

I created the thread that long time ago :)
@Smooke thank you man...you made my day!
However for the song...it's really good and i think that Duncan's bass lines are truly amazing on these song...don't know if someone agree with me...25th August can't come soon enough for the EP
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby myownsatellite » 8/12/2017, 8:07 am

Flynner wrote:I love the sinlge great tune... iffy about the album name but I'll reserve my judgement for when we see what if means

Yeah "Somethingness" to me sounds like something I would have titled one of my angsty emo teen poems. They have so many good album titles, this one is not going to stand out to me. But the first single sounds awesome, and I've already asked my local radio station to get it. Hopefully they listen. Looking forward to new music, despite hating their idea for two EPs.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby xjsb125 » 8/12/2017, 8:44 am

I told Josh that I would have been highly impressed if the title was OLPness instead of Somethingness.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 8/12/2017, 9:07 am

xjsb125 wrote:I told Josh that I would have been highly impressed if the title was OLPness instead of Somethingness.

Now THAT would have been something!!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby MindsOnLoan » 8/12/2017, 9:26 am

Not super crazy about the single but digging the cover art. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out.
MindsOnLoan

Postby johnpeterson » 8/12/2017, 1:12 pm

MindsOnLoan wrote:Not super crazy about the single

me neither... i mean it's nice to hear some OLP for the first time in a while, and it's great that the studio version didn't seem to get the "All You Did Was Save My Life" treatment.... but there are people here saying it's better than anything on curve??? really?

heavyweight blows this out of the water, period.
johnpeterson

Postby faninor » 8/12/2017, 5:45 pm

xjsb125 wrote:I told Josh that I would have been highly impressed if the title was OLPness instead of Somethingness.

Possible secret 3rd EPness.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Tinman » 8/13/2017, 10:19 am

johnpeterson wrote:
MindsOnLoan wrote:Not super crazy about the single

me neither... i mean it's nice to hear some OLP for the first time in a while, and it's great that the studio version didn't seem to get the "All You Did Was Save My Life" treatment.... but there are people here saying it's better than anything on curve??? really?

heavyweight blows this out of the water, period.

I think the vocal technicality and instrumentals are slam dunks on this. Melody is good. Lyrics left me uninspired.
Tinman

Postby johnpeterson » 8/13/2017, 4:16 pm

^
regarding the lyrics... i really wish raine would stop saying "oh yeah" in every damn song, i really don't think i'm overstating when i said it kinda ruins the flow of it
johnpeterson

Postby Teedus » 8/13/2017, 4:33 pm

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby PaperMoon » 8/14/2017, 4:37 pm

^ I just pictured the Kool-Aid man crashing through the wall :lol:
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby myownsatellite » 8/14/2017, 7:07 pm

PaperMoon wrote:^ I just pictured the Kool-Aid man crashing through the wall :lol:

That is...exactly where my brain just went. :wall: :eek:
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby bd007h » 8/15/2017, 6:29 pm

Volume 1 out next friday!! :dance: That was quick :D
bd007h

Postby ivewaited » 8/16/2017, 1:56 pm

No track listing leak yet?
and if i don't make it know that i've loved you all along.

ivewaited

Postby titanMAX » 8/16/2017, 2:19 pm

So check your emails because they sent out pre-orders through Pledge Music. Lots of interesting options. I'm not wealthy enough so I'm only gonna go for that vinyl/tshirt combo. A lot of this seems a tad expensive but FINALLY new music.
titanMAX

Postby Teedus » 8/16/2017, 2:28 pm

Super expensive. But I did the download to hear the new music early. Anyone know if that means they're dropping Drop Me tomorrow then for those who pre-ordered?
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby OLPManiac » 8/16/2017, 3:37 pm

Teedus wrote:Super expensive. But I did the download to hear the new music early. Anyone know if that means they're dropping Drop Me tomorrow then for those who pre-ordered?

It seems that we will receive "Somethingness" every time something new is released (then I think that we will receive the single on Friday and also the first part on next Friday)
However the release of the full thing is not too far.. On pledge before the checkout I read that the order will be totally out on 6th or 8th October if I recall correctly) I ordered the t-shirt and the digital download.. A shame that there isn't a physical cd..
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

PreviousNext