ClumsyMonkey.net

Huber Heights (Dayton), OH 6/27

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Huber Heights (Dayton), OH 6/27

Postby Kicker774 » 4/17/2017, 9:34 pm

I could be down for this being only 90 mins away.
But it's on a random Tuesday night which just makes it 'meh' in my book.

I'm in Columbus and can provide a free bed if anyone is coming from the North or East.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Re: Huber Heights (Dayton), OH 6/27

Postby Hugh23 » 4/18/2017, 10:16 pm

My wife and I scored two presale tickets in the Left Pitt for this show. :D

It does suck this is a Tuesday night, but it will still be fun.
Hugh23

Postby Hugh23 » 6/27/2017, 11:16 pm

1. Innocent
2. Is Anybody Home?
3. Superman's Dead
4. One Man Army
5. Paper Moon/Life
6. Somewhere Out There
7. Hiding Place for Hearts

I have a cellphone recording of a brand new OLP song never played before. The entire song! On my recording I said it was called Hide A Place for Love, but that doesn't make sense, does it? I think I have both a good audio/video recording of it. When I post the video Wednesday night (6-28-17), someone will be able to determine the lyrics. Raine stated the title and that it was a brand new song never played before. I was scrambling to get my cellphone out so fast I missed what he said. It will be the best recording a two year old Motorola Droid can provide. I think I had a steady hand and I got the entire band in the video.

8. Drop Me in the Water
9. Clumsy
10. Starseed

OMG! I just had the best time ever!! Tonic, OLP & Collective Soul were all really good tonight. Well worth the $60 x 4 (US Dollars) I paid for my family and myself to see the concert. I was in the left side pit in front of Steve, 8 rows from the stage. OLP played so good tonight. We drove from Detroit, MI to see this show. This was my two adult kids first OLP concert.

This venue was an outdoor covered amphitheater only 2-3 years old. It was 70 degrees Fahrenheit, sunny, with a pleasant breeze. A great night for a concert. After the show I waited behind the venue for a while. I spotted Raine walking out to the OLP tour bus behind a gated area with security. I called out to him and he was kind enough to take a step outside the gate and speak with me for 15 minutes. My 21 y/o daughter was a trooper and she waited with me for the slight chance we may see someone from the band. It was so exciting to speak with Raine! I have a couple of pictures to post along with my cellphone video.

I asked Raine a bunch of personal questions about his OLP/solo music which is for me only. I have news of two new EPs to be released this year. Raine gave me permission to write about it here. I also have news about a new tour I think he said will take place this winter after the release of the EPs.

Like a good serial writer does, I will leave you with a cliff hanger to come back later tonight to Matt's (xjsb125) awesome website dedicated to one of my favorite bands. My daughter and I must work tomorrow. I need to sleep and then get up very early to arrive back in Detroit on time. In the evening I will expand on my teasers and give everyone a link to watch my recording.
Last edited by Hugh23 on 6/28/2017, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hugh23

Postby Locobone » 6/28/2017, 1:06 am

Video of the new song Hiding Place For Hearts
Locobone
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby OLPManiac » 6/28/2017, 2:14 am

Locobone wrote:Video of the new song Hiding Place For Hearts

I'm happy for you mate...for you recovery as for the thought from Raine that dedicates the song to you...great!
However the song is really really good for me...and happy to see that the guys are planning two releases (in this way i like the idea of the EP, one now and one before the winter)...well can't wait for new music :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Hugh23 » 6/28/2017, 9:27 am

I want to clarify one point. Raine's exact quote to me was "We're releasing 4 new songs in 3 weeks. Then another 4 songs in September." I was the one who said it would be in an EP format (because that is what I'm hoping for). Raine didn't. I really don't know how the band will release the new music.

Raine did say once the new music was released there would be a big tour across Canada & the US. He mentioned to me 5 big cities they would be playing in, but all I heard was they would play Detroit. He also said it would be a Clumsy album tour very similar to the one from 2010. OLP will play the entire album, then other hits and new material.

I'm glad Locobone recorded the song and dedication. I missed that part in my recording. I didn't realize the dedication was to him. Tom, I'm so glad for the return of your health. Even though I'm new here, I noticed a lot of people were worried and concerned for you. I remember a Facebook live post from OLP when Raine and the other band members sent you good wishes & blessings to get well. :D :clap:

I haven't reviewed my cellphone footage of the new song, but my camera view was from the other side of the stage. I thought Hiding Place for Hearts was really good, too. Anyone else notice the falsetto? I'm glad Raine is still using that signature quality in the new music. I enjoy it!

As I said earlier, I will upload my video to YouTube and post a link later today when I have more time.
Hugh23

Postby todddowney » 6/28/2017, 12:47 pm

Good wishes for health from here as well.

I was hoping Hiding Place made the cut. Sounded very close to what they played during the live stream last summer. Chilling. Hoping once again for the fix to make it on this first release, but I do have my doubts. Perfect song for summer, though. Lanni worked on it as well and there's something to be said for that even for those happy with the recent music.
todddowney

Postby Locobone » 6/28/2017, 2:21 pm

Thanks for the good vibes guys! I'm still healing up (I'm about 85%) but I'm doing great! It felt awesome to hear a show live again.

The venue in Dayton was tremendous. A great place to see a show. Drop Me In The Water and Hiding Place sounded really good live and I can't wait to hear the proper studio versions more sooner than later!
Locobone

Postby OLPManiac » 6/28/2017, 3:24 pm

Hugh23 wrote:I want to clarify one point. Raine's exact quote to me was "We're releasing 4 new songs in 3 weeks. Then another 4 songs in September." I was the one who said it would be in an EP format (because that is what I'm hoping for). Raine didn't. I really don't know how the band will release the new music.

Raine did say once the new music was released there would be a big tour across Canada & the US. He mentioned to me 5 big cities they would be playing in, but all I heard was they would play Detroit. He also said it would be a Clumsy album tour very similar to the one from 2010. OLP will play the entire album, then other hits and new material.

I'm glad Locobone recorded the song and dedication. I missed that part in my recording. I didn't realize the dedication was to him. Tom, I'm so glad for the return of your health. Even though I'm new here, I noticed a lot of people were worried and concerned for you. I remember a Facebook live post from OLP when Raine and the other band members sent you good wishes & blessings to get well. :D :clap:

I haven't reviewed my cellphone footage of the new song, but my camera view was from the other side of the stage. I thought Hiding Place for Hearts was really good, too. Anyone else notice the falsetto? I'm glad Raine is still using that signature quality in the new music. I enjoy it!

As I said earlier, I will upload my video to YouTube and post a link later today when I have more time.

Well also the band hinted at something like EPs...however also if i'm not really happy about this format (i'd like to have a new record), i don't really care...i want new music...it's been a while from 2014 (Won't Turn Back), happy to see news about the tour...unfortunately i'm european and i doubt that they will come here :)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Hugh23 » 6/28/2017, 4:06 pm

Her is a different angle of the same song Locobone posted earlier.

Hiding Place for Hearts: https://youtu.be/d4l8-qlWqxU
Hugh23

Postby Hugh23 » 6/28/2017, 9:21 pm

Hugh23

Postby xjsb125 » 6/29/2017, 6:19 pm

Thanks for the review and info, Hugh!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125