ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 6/1/2017, 9:35 am

Apparently Duncan just messed up his foot playing baseball. Hope he's still ok for the tour and gets better soon.
Forky Meets Porky

Postby todddowney » 6/13/2017, 10:42 am

https://www.brantnews.com/whatson-story ... ck-wtfest/

Not a band to sit and stagnate, OLP is currently working on new material that will be released periodically over the year.

“It’s no longer necessary or ordinary to release a CD or release a full-length record of music; it’s just the model has changed so much,” Coutts said. “We’re just going to start releasing songs two or three at a time. We’ve had a lot of times when we’ve been recording over the last couple of years so we’re really, really excited to play new music and focus a little bit on that and see where that takes us.” The band is currently “at a really good creative place,” but that’s not to say it will veer drastically away from what OLP has become renowned for.

“It’s new music but I don’t know how many times we’ve recorded when it stylistically kind of varies,” Coutts said. “Some are more rock songs, some are more experimental but Raine’s voice is Raine’s voice so it will always sound like us at the end of the day because we are tied to that.
todddowney

Postby OLPManiac » 6/13/2017, 3:59 pm

todddowney wrote:https://www.brantnews.com/whatson-story/7355865-our-lady-peace-ready-to-rock-wtfest/

Not a band to sit and stagnate, OLP is currently working on new material that will be released periodically over the year.

“It’s no longer necessary or ordinary to release a CD or release a full-length record of music; it’s just the model has changed so much,” Coutts said. “We’re just going to start releasing songs two or three at a time. We’ve had a lot of times when we’ve been recording over the last couple of years so we’re really, really excited to play new music and focus a little bit on that and see where that takes us.” The band is currently “at a really good creative place,” but that’s not to say it will veer drastically away from what OLP has become renowned for.

“It’s new music but I don’t know how many times we’ve recorded when it stylistically kind of varies,” Coutts said. “Some are more rock songs, some are more experimental but Raine’s voice is Raine’s voice so it will always sound like us at the end of the day because we are tied to that.

Pretty disappointed...there are also fans that still like the "album concept" and of all the band that i follow OLP are the unique that are making this choice...however like Duncan told probably we will have new song before the end of July...i'm skeptical but well let's wait and see
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby natejc » 6/13/2017, 5:10 pm

Is this legit? Sounds like a bad April fools joke. I'm guessing they realease the details of the new album along with a lead single before the end of the week. After all, the tour begins next week.
Well I promised you I would change, but I'm an asshole and I'm ashamed
natejc

Postby todddowney » 6/13/2017, 6:07 pm

That would be ideal. Raine has also talked about preserving the idea of the album in the past. However, given how he keeps talking about releasing an EP, I'd bet on batches of songs rather than a proper album-at least at first. Also disappointed, but it's so ridiculously overdue.
Last edited by todddowney on 6/14/2017, 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
todddowney

Postby myownsatellite » 6/13/2017, 7:38 pm

I really hate EPs. There isn't enough there to listen to. I like a whole album I can put on and enjoy. All the EPs I have are like four or five songs, 20 minutes long, and then when the artist decides "Hey I'm finally going to release my album!" half of it is tracks from the EP! Blah.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Tinman » 6/14/2017, 10:46 am

I don't think this is a joke, and it also does not surprise me. Raine talked a lot about the evolution of music sales and the medium during Curve. Especially after it, he talked about how the way people listen to music is changing. People don't buy albums, they buy a few songs here and there, etc. There were definitely interviews I can remember him talking about producing new music outside of the album method.

It's a bummer for sure, as i prefer the completion of a full musical album... but based off Raine's comments over the last few years, it makes sense that the band would end up here.
Tinman

Postby xjsb125 » 6/15/2017, 7:44 am

I'd also be disappointed in not having a full album. However, the way they have recorded over the last 5 years, as Duncan and Raine have said, has created clusters of songs that are sonically in the same vein. A full album would result in a collection of songs, rather than a body of work. The EP route is OK at best, better than nothing.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby todddowney » 6/15/2017, 1:31 pm

^Yeah, that does make sense. It's just been so long. Hopefully it's not staggered over a long period. Also, release The Fix.
todddowney

Postby Flynner » 7/1/2017, 9:51 pm

At the concert tonight at woodbine in Toronto Raine mentioned they recorded 8 songs which they are "calling a record" so hopefully we have a release soon of new songs
Flynner

Postby OLPManiac » 7/2/2017, 4:38 am

Flynner wrote:At the concert tonight at woodbine in Toronto Raine mentioned they recorded 8 songs which they are "calling a record" so hopefully we have a release soon of new songs

Like you can see on some posts in shows section it seems that we will have 2 "EPs" one in a few weeks and one in September if I recall correctly, both of 4 songs (4+4=8 which makes sense with your post) .. But well I won't tell anything until I'll see an official announcement or a release :-)
http://ourladypeaceita.altervista.org/
An italian place for Our Lady Peace news and
and everything about them

"Ultimately you must venture out on your own to determine the meaning of life"

"Happiness Is For Idiots"

"The future brings the truth"

-Raine Maida (OUR LADY PEACE)
OLPManiac

Postby Flynner » 7/15/2017, 10:39 am

This is what Duncan just responded to a fan on twitter after the asked him about album update!!

Very shortly. Going to come in 2 parts. 1st part will be up in a cpl of weeks (waiting on artwork). https://t.co/847Gpus2hZ
Flynner

Postby Flynner » 7/15/2017, 3:37 pm

According to the setlist OLP posted on instagram they played heavyweight/hiding place. Would love to hear that if anyone recorded it
Flynner

Postby todddowney » 7/15/2017, 11:21 pm

Hah, these guys are like the contractors in the money pit.."two weeks."
todddowney

Postby PaperMoon » 7/16/2017, 9:53 pm

Flynner wrote:According to the setlist OLP posted on instagram they played heavyweight/hiding place. Would love to hear that if anyone recorded it

They just played Heavyweight and not Hiding Place although it was on the setlist. They did end up playing Naveed though, which was a nice treat!!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby ShatsBassoon » 7/19/2017, 2:00 pm

Flynner wrote:According to the setlist OLP posted on instagram they played heavyweight/hiding place. Would love to hear that if anyone recorded it

Not heavyweight/hiding place but new song hiding place for hearts.

https://youtu.be/COkuxOxg8so
ShatsBassoon

Postby Tinman » 7/20/2017, 6:24 am

ShatsBassoon wrote:

Not heavyweight/hiding place but new song hiding place for hearts.

https://youtu.be/COkuxOxg8so

mmm, that's quality
Tinman

Postby titanMAX » 7/20/2017, 3:48 pm

So the biggest change in Drop Me in the Water from last October appears to the guitar in the chorus. I really like their recent performances a lot more, cannot wait for this music to finally drop.
titanMAX

Postby johnpeterson » 7/20/2017, 3:50 pm

definitely appreciate that falsetto during the chorus...still feels like it's missing that special something though...
johnpeterson

Postby ShatsBassoon » 7/21/2017, 5:12 pm

johnpeterson wrote:definitely appreciate that falsetto during the chorus...still feels like it's missing that special something though...

Yeah, I feel the same. Almost like it's lacking a crescendo. I'll hold off judgement until I hear a studio recording. These live previews always seem to be a little underwhelming compared to recordings.
ShatsBassoon

PreviousNext