ClumsyMonkey.net

New Album news!!

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: New Album news!!

Postby Flynner » 3/27/2017, 5:03 pm

thanks for the update Matt......although I heard soon from Raine on instagram like a month ago lol
Flynner

Postby todddowney » 3/27/2017, 8:15 pm

Coming soon..in perpetuity.

I do hope the songs from last summer made the record.
todddowney

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 5/10/2017, 4:46 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... anything new? Seriously, how many times have they been at least halfway done this record in the past 5 years? Sure, Raine had his solo album 4 years ago, Jeremy leaving and Won't Turn Back being released happened nearly 3 years ago, and then they had Transparent Humans for a little over a year and a half with ages between the last few songs but even that simply stopped more than a year ago now. Is there anything to reassure me that this record will release this year? I don't want to compare apples to oranges, but in the same amount of time Matt Good has released 3 albums and an EP with a fourth album possibly coming out before OLP9 does; Big Wreck reformed and has released 3 albums, a live EP, and the singer released a solo album (with that first BW album coming out less than a month before Curve). Since Curve, The Tea Party reformed, IME got back with Edwin, Obama was re-elected then followed by Trump, Trudeau was elected, and 2 major album anniversaries came and went with only a couple of poorly distributed coloured vinyl releases alongside the standard black that sound meh at best to show for it. As for new material from OLP since Curve, we have one song and a minute long demo. I really hate to rant like this, and I still love the band, but I find the delay hard to comprehend.
Forky Meets Porky

Postby ShatsBassoon » 5/10/2017, 8:01 pm

Raine replied to somebody on Twitter that the songs are done. Just going through formalities now. Could mean something, or not.

Link
https://mobile.twitter.com/rainemaida
ShatsBassoon

Postby myownsatellite » 5/10/2017, 8:07 pm

To be fair, they've been saying that for months. I feel like Duncan told us that earlier this year.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby todddowney » 5/10/2017, 8:35 pm

They have a show coming up on the 27th with the tour to follow a few weeks after that..release a song already. Anything.

Some people may not have loved it, but it's going to be super annoying if they (Raine) cut The Fix from the record. They finally touch base with Lanni again, record a song that has some great energy, and then table it.
todddowney

Postby Tinman » 5/11/2017, 6:56 am

Forky Meets Porky wrote:I don't want to compare apples to oranges, but in the same amount of time Matt Good has released 3 albums and an EP with a fourth album possibly coming out before OLP9 does.

Just curious. I see Matt Good mentioned here all the time. Why is he so frequently compared to OLP? I've heard 1 or 2 songs, but didn't think it sounded like olp at the time (and that time was a long time ago).
Tinman

Postby xjsb125 » 5/11/2017, 12:52 pm

Matthew Good Band was getting pretty huge before they broke up and Matt went solo. Avalanche came out around the same time as Gravity. Avalanche was similar to Spiritual Machines in that it had very layered music. If you listened to it over and over you could always hear something new, just like Spiritual Machines. The lyrics were also not straight forward, unlike Gravity. So it filled a void for some folks, and most also enjoyed Matt's vocals, and his online presence.

I really hope some new music gets out soon. I know they have worked songs and dropped them, and went back and recorded more, and on and on. Much like you all, I'm ready to see something get out there.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby PaperMoon » 5/13/2017, 6:48 pm

I'm dying for them to release a studio version of The Fix. Also, during one of their Facebook live videos, they played a couple clips. The one with the lyric "I am ready..." I have listened to probably a hundred times. Man oh man, I hope whatever comes out is worth the painstakingly long wait!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby gibbits » 5/14/2017, 2:19 pm

Tinman wrote:
Forky Meets Porky wrote:I don't want to compare apples to oranges, but in the same amount of time Matt Good has released 3 albums and an EP with a fourth album possibly coming out before OLP9 does.

Just curious. I see Matt Good mentioned here all the time. Why is he so frequently compared to OLP? I've heard 1 or 2 songs, but didn't think it sounded like olp at the time (and that time was a long time ago).

Well, for many years OLP and MGB toured the same circuits, and both had heavy radio play on Canadian Rock and Alternative stations. Both bands rose up around the same time, and for a while, there was even a bit of a rivalry.

"Don't tout [OLP] as the greatest thing since sliced fucking bread when the four of them couldn't sit around and make fucking butter together." -- Matt Good

Due to their relatively similar timelines in rising in the public consciousness, many fans of OLP were also fans of MGB and vice versa. It really just boils down to two Canadian content bands birthed around the same time. However, MG has managed to keep his integrity and his music challenging, whereas OLP has lost the way quite a few times post 2000.

As far as Avalanche being similar to SM - I'd give that edge to the magnum opus of the MGB - The Audio of Being. Avalanche is a great record, but AoB was the pinnacle of that band pushing their limits both musically and with one another.

EDIT - I was dragged over coals for suggesting after hearing the trash OLP was cooking up Jeremy got out of dodge. Judging by his IG comments I was not far off at all.
gibbits

Postby Trustworthy » 5/16/2017, 9:09 am

hi
Trustworthy

Postby xjsb125 » 5/16/2017, 10:30 am

Welcome back!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby myownsatellite » 5/16/2017, 7:07 pm

Trusty!!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby Tinman » 5/17/2017, 9:18 am

Trustworthy wrote:hi

Tinman

Postby Teedus » 5/17/2017, 8:08 pm

Been a while friend.
"I'll never get over you."
Teedus

Postby Flynner » 5/21/2017, 11:29 am

is there something finally coming?
Flynner

Postby Smooke » 5/29/2017, 1:51 am

Trustworthy wrote:hi

Subliminal message?
Smooke
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Flynner » 5/29/2017, 2:07 pm

Raine just responded to a tweet saying new music coming out in next 4 weeks......i hope this happens
Flynner

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 5/29/2017, 2:21 pm

Oh thank god we finally have some semblance of a release date. With Chris Cornell passing, there hasn't been much lately to cheer me up.
Forky Meets Porky

Postby Hugh23 » 5/29/2017, 3:29 pm

Wow, such good news. We've all been waiting patiently. I feel like the young child trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve. Impossible! When will Santa be here with our new OLP album??!! :D
Hugh23

PreviousNext