ClumsyMonkey.net

Hey OLP, let's press some vinyl

This is for you, this is for us...

Re: Hey OLP, let's press some vinyl

Postby xjsb125 » 10/22/2016, 7:05 am

Do you remember the setlist for the night?
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 10/22/2016, 2:35 pm

Yeah, wrote it down for both IME and OLP.

I Mother Earth:
Not Quite Sonic
Used to be Alright
Raspberry
No One
So Gently We Go
Earth, Sky & C.
Another Sunday
Levitate
One More Astronaut
Rain Will Fall

Our Lady Peace:
One Man Army
Superman's Dead
Innocent
Fire In the Henhouse
Thief
Is Anybody Home?
Paper Moon / Life
Drop Me In the Water
Not Enough
In Repair / Grace, Too
Somewhere Out There
Clumsy
Encore:
4am
Starseed
Forky Meets Porky

Postby xjsb125 » 10/22/2016, 2:48 pm

Awesome, thanks!
xjsb125

Postby faninor » 10/22/2016, 3:52 pm

dumbandjaded13 wrote:So, I bought the black vinyls from Neptoon Records in Vancouver before the Abbotsford show. The merch booth at the show had a black and white version of BOTH Clumsy and Naveed, with the white being $5 more. I didn't get the white since i'd already bought black copies earlier, but unless the merch guy was wrong, I believe they are selling white Naveed on tour

I think I'm reading this correctly, they had both Naveed and Clumsy on white vinyl? I guess there may be 3 different colors of each album out there, and this is not counting the version of Clumsy that srcvinyl is selling, which at this point sounds like it may be an entirely different pressing for the USA.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby gibbits » 10/24/2016, 12:14 pm

Forky Meets Porky wrote:Asked the merch guy at the Med Hat merch booth, and apparently all the White Vinyl Naveed, if not all the vinyl, sold out at the Edmonton Show. Said it was gone before the doors even opened for tonight's show.

Dealing with this band sometimes is like talking to a wall. If this is true it's really sad. I realize OLP isn't the size of Pearl Jam or Soundgarden but at their shows, there is a limit on how many of the special goods are sold at each venue. For instance, if there is a limited tour hoodie each venue gets to sell 200. Hopefully, they have ordered another press, but it doesn't look strong.

I don't understand if they don't care or they are incompetent, but whoever is in charge of these releases really dropped the ball.
gibbits

Postby faninor » 10/25/2016, 3:22 pm

You can scratch me off the list for a copy of the clear Naveed, just secured one for myself.

P.S. Megan check your Facebook friend requests and messages, there is a 2nd copy available.

P.P.S. gibbits, I gave Megan 1st shot since you have the advantage of local record stores that might have (or get more) copies in stock. But there is a 3rd copy available too, so I'll point you in the right direction after I know she got the message.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 10/25/2016, 4:31 pm

A possibility of anyone securing some more white vinyl? I may not know anyone here personally but I think this would be better than auction sites. Kinda pissed how I never even had the chance at Med Hat to get one myself.
Forky Meets Porky

Postby A2K » 10/26/2016, 8:37 am

I went into an HMV in London ON the day Naveed was released. They didn't have it in yet and only had one on order. I reserved it and hadn't heard back. I went in the day Clumsy was released, shelves were stocked 10s of the gold copies. I bought Clumsy and asked about Naveen, still not in.

I went back in yesterday to check, still not in. It seems as if Naveed has been pressed to far fewer copies. I'm going to the show in London tomorrow, if I can get it there I'm just going to cancel my order with HMV. Grrrrrrr.
A2K

Postby Fabio_kun » 10/26/2016, 8:26 pm

They got tons of copies of Clumsy and Naveed Vinyls over at Sonic Boom in Toronto. I just don't know what colour they are.
Fabio_kun

Postby gibbits » 10/27/2016, 7:26 pm

faninor wrote:You can scratch me off the list for a copy of the clear Naveed, just secured one for myself.

P.S. Megan check your Facebook friend requests and messages, there is a 2nd copy available.

P.P.S. gibbits, I gave Megan 1st shot since you have the advantage of local record stores that might have (or get more) copies in stock. But there is a 3rd copy available too, so I'll point you in the right direction after I know she got the message.

Woo thanks, still waiting here. I have a friend attending this tour and she's going to try at merch. Does anyone know if merch restocked in Ontario or are they still all out?
gibbits

Postby faninor » 10/31/2016, 12:02 pm

-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby gibbits » 12/12/2016, 9:58 am

Got screwed guys, ended up with a black copy (even though my friend had asked for the transparent one. Can't find it online in stock anywhere. Pretty pissed these didn't just go on the bands store like every other modern musician seems capable of.
gibbits

Postby Tharpedo » 11/29/2017, 8:25 pm

Okay so I picked up the clear white Naveed vinyl and the Burn Burn standard vinyl at the Dallas show earlier this month, thinking that's all there was...but I've been seeing fans on Instagram posting copies of a red Gravity vinyl and now a blue Spritual Machines! SM FINALLY ON VINYL! Why is nobody freaking out about this? I'm a relatively new fan but even I know how cool this is. Where the hell do I get these? Are they tour only and if so do any of you guys do long distance favors for strangers?
Tharpedo

Postby titanMAX » 11/29/2017, 9:00 pm

I was at a show on the last tour and was able to pick up Spiritual Machines but I didn't see Gravity on black or red vinyl at all. I really want the red one though. I wonder why the band isn't too vocal about these pressings.
titanMAX

Postby xjsb125 » 12/4/2017, 4:35 pm

Amazon.ca. Some are sold directly by Amazon, but others are third party.
xjsb125

Postby faninor » 12/6/2017, 3:44 pm

I believe the red Gravity and blue SM is tour-only. They were sold out of both by their last show in LA — I really wanted to grab a copy of SM after the show, and wasn’t even aware of Gravity yet. Not sure if they’ll have more for the Canadian dates. Standard black editions are available through Canadian stores, but there was a definite lack of communication on these releases.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby Tharpedo » 1/10/2018, 10:37 pm

Just scored the blue SM vinyl off Discogs. Very happy right now, and thankful for wantlist email reminders.
Tharpedo

Postby titanMAX » 1/11/2018, 7:22 pm

I was able to just purchase the red Gravity LP from Discogs. I'm not usually a stickler for limited records but for OLP and couple of other bands, I need them all.
titanMAX

Postby Tharpedo » 1/14/2018, 3:01 am

Oh wow! My online friend was shopping around at record stores and found Curve on vinyl for $25 and is sending it to me as a gift! From what I can tell, they’re sparse online and go for at least $80. What a great week of OLP vinyl for me.
Tharpedo

Postby titanMAX » 1/14/2018, 3:53 pm

Lucky! I've been looking for it for a good price but just haven't found the right deal yet. Hopefully, the blue Clumsy album pops up somewhere too.
titanMAX

PreviousNext