ClumsyMonkey.net

George Street Festival, St. John's, NL - July 28, 2016

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

George Street Festival, St. John's, NL - July 28, 2016

Postby AnnieDreams » 7/27/2016, 9:22 am

...Just me, right? Anyone else left on the rock?
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Re: George Street Festival, St. John's, NL - July 28, 2016

Postby saman » 7/27/2016, 11:35 am

Just you, I think (that I know of). Try to note down the setlist if you can, please! Hope you have a good time!
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby neoncrossing » 7/28/2016, 4:11 pm

Ya a setlist would be great. I think you will definitely hear some new music. Can't wait to hear about it.
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby AnnieDreams » 7/29/2016, 7:15 am

Rabbits
Superman's Dead
Innocent
Paper Moon / Life (They love mixing other things with Life!)
Monkey Brains
Something else that was probably from Curve? I never really liked that album...
Is Anybody Home
Summertime Sadness
Clumsy
*NEW SONG* The Fix
One Man Army
Angels/Losing/Sleep
Somewhere Out There
R.K. Intro 2029 / In Repair

ENCORE
4 A.M. (the audience I think started singing this before Raine was ready, and wouldn't stop, so he came in halfway through the 1st verse)
Starseed (For this Raine got up on the roof of the Rockhouse (a 3-story high bar near the outdoor stage where he could look down on the audience).

Besides the beginning and the end of the list, it's not in very accurate order. I don't think I've left anything off though.

The guys weren't too chatty. Yadda yadda good to be in St. John's. Raine did an intro to Summertime Sadness where he talked about how he's seeing Lana Del Rey in Montreal this week and please don't tell his wife but he's a bit obsessed with her. Introducing The Fix he said the album was mostly complete and they were really happy with it, or at least he was, "I'm just speaking for the other three people on stage here, are you guys down with it? They're happy campers." He also warned that the lyrics to the song were kinda half gibberish right now, but he was at least sure about the title.

The tech guy was hardcore rocking the turn of the century long-hair-and-goatee Duncan Coutts look. I totally cheered when he came onstage, and then was embarassed cause it totally wasn't Duncan. ha. I was like 'wow, he's aged!'
Although I'm pretty sure Raine has been sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber because he still looks exactly how he did when I was 13. Besides losing the trendy shag hair. The guys all looked good.

Also, as per usual, only person singing the right lyrics to the 2nd chorus of Is Anybody Home. I dunno why he still keeps letting us do that!
AnnieDreams

Postby AnnieDreams » 7/29/2016, 7:28 am

I think the one I didn't recognize was Heavyweight. He uses a megaphone performing that, right? And there's some falsetto-y bits.

Also also, One of the announcers for the George Street Festival when introducing OLP talked about it was so cool like we were going back to the 90s. I thought that was rude. They were totally still famous in the early 2000s! err, I mean, they still are relevant with their music making!
AnnieDreams

Postby faninor » 7/29/2016, 3:27 pm

Surprised they're still playing Summertime Sadness. And yeah, megaphone with some falsetto is probably Heavyweight. Also has a guitar solo where Steve uses his glass slide. His name escapes me at the moment, but that guitar tech has been stealing Duncan's hair for years.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006