ClumsyMonkey.net

OLP on iTunes

This is for you, this is for us...

OLP on iTunes

Postby Forky Meets Porky » 6/22/2015, 11:44 am

There are a number of releases and music videos that are not currently available in the Canadian iTunes Store so I decided to make a list. A number of these are available in the U.S. Store, which irks me.
•Burn Burn Burn (Time Bomb and The Right Stuff; regular release on Canadian iTunes also has the wrong release date, and the deluxe version has the digital booklet)
•Playlist: The Very Best of Our Lady Peace (Has The Wonderful Future, the version without silence and R.K. Molly)
•Somewhere Out There - Single
•Whatever (WWF Forceable Entry)
•Where Are You - Single
•Superman's Dead (Live Woodstock '99)
•All You Did Was Save My Life - Single
•As Fast As You Can - Single
•Tomorrow Never Knows (The Craft Soundtrack)
•Curve Digital Booklet
•Heavyweight Music Video
•As Fast As You Can Music Video
•All You Did Was Save My Life Music Video
•The End Is Where We Begin Music Video
•Monkey Brains Studio Footage

As for iTunes in general, Spiritual Machines has the wrong Canadian release date, Superman's Dead is listed as a clean version on one release of Clumsy in the Canadian Store, as well as A Decade, Live, and Playlist; a number of music videos and such are missing from all stores as well:
•The Needle and the Damage Done (Off of Borrowed Tunes: A Tribute to Neil Young, or the single release)
•Kiss On the Mouth - Single
•Various other singles and fan club/promo releases
•Live DVD
•Out of Here Music Video
•The Right Stuff Music Video
•Dreamland Music Video
•Fight the Good Fight Music Video
•Burn Burn Studio Footage (Minus Monkey Brains for US)
•If This Is It Music Video
•Rabbits Music Video
•Won't Turn Back Music Video
•Summertime Sadness Music Video
•The End Is Where We Begin Acoustic Music Video
•The Birdman Music Video Version 2 (One in store listed as version 1)
•4Am Canadian Music Video Edit (The one on iTunes is the US one)
•Superman's Dead US Music Video w/o clowns
•Life US Music Video (Version on iTunes is the Canadian one and is listed as Version 2 so I'm guessing US is Version 1)
•In Repair Alternate Music Video (Not sure which one, only one version is in the store)
•Automatic Flowers? (Listed as revised cut in store, so maybe another version?)
•Bring Back the Sun, Paper Moon, Never Get Over You, Escape Artist Music Videos (Done in 2009 and posted on their YouTube channel)

I doubt all of these are possible to get onto iTunes, but I think we should at least try to get the Canadian store caught up with the US one. If there are any other songs/music videos/etc. I've missed feel free to add and clarify on the music video versions issue.
Forky Meets Porky

Re: OLP on iTunes

Postby xjsb125 » 6/22/2015, 4:12 pm

A lot of the more recent videos you've listed weren't "official" releases so to speak. Trustworthy made a lot of those videos in support of songs or singles. The only "official" video he released was for Wont Turn Back. I have a rather large archive of OLP music videos, some straight from DVD sets like Promo Only, and such. Best bet is to get a download helper and save the .mp4 of the highest quality stream available. As far as digital copies, I've always just made my own from the discs. I don't use iTunes, so I'm not sure what all is missing from their lists.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010