ClumsyMonkey.net

Summer Sensation Sylvan Lake, AB July 10

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Summer Sensation Sylvan Lake, AB July 10

Postby MattCTUSA » 6/8/2015, 2:52 pm

Just wanted to make sure people knew about this show, too. I wonder how many shows they will play this Summer? But, I guess if they are working on OLP9, that is better than live shows?!? Maybe...maybe not! :)

OLP are playing with Matt Good and Stars..pretty decent lineup!
http://summersensationfest.com/

Peace,
Matt
MattCTUSA

Re: Summer Sensation Sylvan Lake, AB July 10

Postby PaperMoon » 6/11/2015, 6:04 pm

I'll be there! Pretty amazing lineup considering it's a town of 13,000 people!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon

Postby MattCTUSA » 6/15/2015, 8:04 pm

I see a theme for these summer festivals...Lake Ontario, Sylvan Lake, Parry Sound...

C'mon guys, how about Horseshoe Bay....or the Fraser River...Puget Sound...Pacific Ocean?!?!! I know Strait of Juan de Fuca was last Summer, but still!
MattCTUSA

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 6/15/2015, 8:20 pm

MattCTUSA wrote:Just wanted to make sure people knew about this show, too. I wonder how many shows they will play this Summer? But, I guess if they are working on OLP9, that is better than live shows?!? Maybe...maybe not! :)

OLP are playing with Matt Good and Stars..pretty decent lineup!
http://summersensationfest.com/

Peace,
Matt

Steve said as of now, these ones that have been announced are the only ones because they're going to be in the studio. He said they really want to do an actual tour instead of 4 or 5 random shows a year!!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby auolp » 7/14/2015, 2:12 pm

Any updates from this show?
auolp

Postby xjsb125 » 7/14/2015, 4:34 pm

Nothing new in the setlist. They cut Starseed short when a crowd surfer hurt a security guard.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby PaperMoon » 7/17/2015, 1:44 pm

Raine saw the incident happen, stopped mid-song, and started calling for medics. The guys were quite shaken up so they just ended the show right there after they made sure the injured fellow was tended to. A bit chaotic but the guy ended up okay in the end. Other than that, Won't Turn Back was on the setlist right before Starseed but it got scratched. Duncan was having some sound troubles, probably due to the fact there was no soundcheck prior. Great show, as usual!
If you believe in death, you're certain to die. If you believe in love, you're always alive.
PaperMoon