ClumsyMonkey.net

Last Movie You Watched?

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Postby Carson79 » 7/18/2010, 10:21 am

I finally sucked it up and watched Stutter Island...what was I bitching about? Not scary AT ALL!

I am watching a classic, Arachnophobia, right now, now that scared me as a kid, lol, its a comedy now.

So what movie to go to tonight? Any suggestions?
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Tattooed Angels » 7/18/2010, 11:18 am

I saw Shutter Island on my flight to Victoria in May.

Just saw INCEPTION in theatre.

Watched a few movies on dvd and Cable.
Titanic.- My friend;s young son loves this movie so being a good *aunt* watched it with him.
Watched an old movie from 50's last night. GIDGET..(on demand)

Watching a Sandra Bullock movie fest on Family channel now. HOPE FLOATS On now. Love th is movie.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby MindsOnLoan » 7/18/2010, 1:42 pm

American Gangster. Sooo good.
MindsOnLoan

Postby Carson79 » 7/18/2010, 1:58 pm

Carson79 wrote:I finally sucked it up and watched Stutter Island...what was I bitching about? Not scary AT ALL!

I am watching a classic, Arachnophobia, right now, now that scared me as a kid, lol, its a comedy now.

So what movie to go to tonight? Any suggestions?

Haha, just realized I typed Stutter, not Shutter...lol. That would make it a whole different movie!
Carson79

Postby faninor » 7/18/2010, 2:35 pm

Told you it wasn't scary. :P
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Kicker774 » 7/18/2010, 6:34 pm

Stepbrothers
HIlarious!

The GOODS: Live Hard Sell Hard
Pretty good, not as much sharkmenship as I had hoped there would be.

Extract
Funny to begin with but I actually fell asleep towards the end.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Carson79 » 7/18/2010, 8:03 pm

faninor wrote:Told you it wasn't scary. :P

And that's why I watched it, glad you didn't lead me astray!
Carson79

Postby DG » 7/19/2010, 11:59 am

Kicker774 wrote:Extract
Funny to begin with but I actually fell asleep towards the end.

Extract was a big let down.
DG

Postby AnnieDreams » 7/19/2010, 12:02 pm

Agreed.

Watched North by Northwest on thursday, but ended up falling asleep. Not in a way that reflects on the movie though. Might download and watch the rest tonight.
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

Postby faninor » 7/19/2010, 2:08 pm

Inception. It was a good movie but I don't think it was so deserving of the hype.

They did a pretty good job of creating science fiction concepts that seem intuitive enough but I thought there might be some problems (discussion of movie concepts in black):

Very early on didn't they explain the reason we can create whole levels so easily is because while sleeping we can use more of our brain's capacity than while awake? This still puts some finite limit on how much we can handle and how much we can create in a certain amount of (real world) time. But the way that the speed time passes changes exponentially with respect to real world time as they move into deeper levels really suggest that these dreamers have an unlimited brain capacity in the real world. It's a cool concept but that seemed like a bit of a weak point.

Initially I felt that most of the characters weren't as deep as I would have liked, but after further consideration I prefer it this way. If you want to see a good movie, see Inception, but don't expect it to live up to the hype as much as, for example, Paranoid Activity does.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby Joe Cooler » 7/30/2010, 3:35 pm

I saw Inception and I thought it was incredible. I was waiting to see this movie for nearly a year and it blew away my expectations.
Joe Cooler

Postby DG » 7/30/2010, 3:58 pm

faninor wrote:Ibut don't expect it to live up to the hype as much as, for example, Paranoid Activity does.

Paranormal Activity? That movie didn't live up to anything. ha
DG

Postby faninor » 7/30/2010, 10:18 pm

It was probably the most simplistic, focused film I've seen in quite a long time. I think it was very masterfully made in that, being so minimal, as a viewer I was drawn in to pay a lot of attention to the details and it heightened my visual and aural senses. From there the movie was able to just use very basic effects but make them compelling, even terrifying, because I was so drawn in. And then I left the cinema and kept those heightened senses for quite a while

I've never seen an audience freak out as much as when Katie was pulled out of bed, and yet that certainly wasn't the first time anyone in the audience had seen someone in a movie pulled by an invisible force. Certainly they did something right. :P

I see how it could come off as lame if it fails to catch your interest in the beginning, they took a risk there, and it definitely paid off for me!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby saman » 7/30/2010, 10:28 pm

ong bak. it was all like, bam pow wataw!
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby DG » 7/31/2010, 7:24 am

I would agree about it being simple and focused, I mean it wasn't a horrible movie by any means. I guess that I heard so many things and how scary it was that my expectations were very high for it.
DG

Postby faninor » 7/31/2010, 11:41 am

I had high expectations too. I love good horror films but I usually prefer them without supernatural elements. But Paranormal Activity took enough time that I think a lot of the audience found it convincingly realistic before anything too weird started happening. It was carefully made to scare the crap out of the audience using things that wouldn't really scare us at all in the context of another horror movie, which I think is pretty hype-worthy.

I was comparing it to Inception. If you're making a movie that you want us to keep thinking about so much after we've finished watching it please don't leave such a major flaw (my thoughts in black):

Personally, I take it to be a sign that the whole movie is just one person's dream, there is no Limbo because Limbo wasn't explained in a believable way, and they'll wake up in a while and forget about the whole thing. It was a good movie, but that's not a satisfying conclusion!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby katshimmers » 8/2/2010, 11:04 pm

possibly not appropriate to post here but
young people fucking
i thought it was excellent, a great realistic approach to all kinds of relationships
and pretty funny in places too!!!!
katshimmers

Postby Johnny » 8/4/2010, 8:41 am

I found paranormal activity to be pretty boring, to be honest. Micah and Katie were pretty stupid when it came to handling th demon and deserved their fate.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Waiting to Exist » 8/7/2010, 9:04 am

Rewatched Annie Hall last night. On the short list of perfect movies, this one must be near the top. Woody Allen, what happened to you??
I just wanna get out,
Stuck inside of this.
Waiting for something else,
:wte:
Waiting to Exist

Postby AnnieDreams » 8/10/2010, 3:47 pm

Watched the last Crocodile Dundee in Spanish last night. It kinda loses it's atmosphere without the Aussie accent.
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
AnnieDreams

PreviousNext