ClumsyMonkey.net

I thought I should just mention...

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

I thought I should just mention...

Postby myownsatellite » 5/15/2010, 8:12 pm

...that I got engaged today :D :D :D SO EXCITED!!!
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Re: I thought I should just mention...

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/15/2010, 8:36 pm

myownsatellite wrote:...that I got engaged today :D :D :D SO EXCITED!!!

Congrats!!! We NEED details please!!!
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby myownsatellite » 5/15/2010, 8:48 pm

We went to Lake George and he proposed while we sat by the lake :D It was so great! I cried a lot XD And then I called my mommy and she screamed, and then she put me on speaker so I could tell my dad and he said, "Oh yeah? That's nice." Hahahahaha. That's my dad! :D
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 5/16/2010, 12:30 am

Congrats!

If you wind up with any wedding questions, frustrations, or complaints, feel free to talk to me!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby DG » 5/16/2010, 2:18 am

Ah, shoot. We gotta throw a CM wedding party for ya. ha

Congrats.
DG

Postby Carson79 » 5/16/2010, 7:17 am

Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful! My husband proposed at a wishing well beside a lake, we got married at the same lake exactly 1 year later.

DG wrote:Ah, shoot. We gotta throw a CM wedding party for ya. ha

Congrats.

As long as I don't have to wear a hat, I'm in. I can even make another cake that no one will ever taste. :P
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby Johnny » 5/16/2010, 10:17 am

My condolences :(

I kid of course! Congrats yo!
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/16/2010, 3:22 pm

myownsatellite wrote:We went to Lake George and he proposed while we sat by the lake :D It was so great! I cried a lot XD And then I called my mommy and she screamed, and then she put me on speaker so I could tell my dad and he said, "Oh yeah? That's nice." Hahahahaha. That's my dad! :D

That's so sweet! :love:

Gotta love dads!! :lol:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Locobone » 5/16/2010, 7:27 pm

DG wrote:Ah, shoot. We gotta throw a CM wedding party for ya. ha

Congrats.

Don't forget the bachelor party. Congrats!
Locobone

Postby myownsatellite » 5/16/2010, 7:39 pm

Thanks everybody! I'm so excited, I had to share everywhere XD

Josh, thanks for the offer! I'm sure once we get to planning I will need all the help I can get! We aren't going to start planning for a couple of months, until we are moved and settled in. Moving is way too stressful to deal with that and planning a wedding at the same time.

I'm totally down for a CM wedding party!! XD
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Erikka » 5/16/2010, 8:44 pm

Wow! Congrats :nod:
Erikka

Postby half jill » 5/17/2010, 12:17 am

congrats!

i was on your facebook like two days ago...and i was like, oooo, i wonder when they're gonna get married.

it's like i predicted the future :GASP:
half jill

Postby myownsatellite » 5/17/2010, 3:03 pm

Haha Dommie, you're funny :D And thanks Erikka :)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby Lando » 6/8/2010, 3:08 am

I'd congratulate you, but then I'd be lying because I'm anti-marriage. Also, Laurel would be like WTF!? and freak out because then she'd think I like the idea of marriage and that would make her run away in terror. I haven't chosen the easiest life. Most people have it easy, they're either pro straight and same sex marriages or a hypocrite that says one is wrong and the other is right, but when you're against all marriages for everyone, no one's your friend. (except laurel)

oh and I'm kind of a hypocrite myself, I've supported Johnny's many attempts at trying to marry other dudes. Well other dudes and an ox...

but that one's another story entirely.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby faninor » 6/8/2010, 12:50 pm

Oh yeah Megan, one thing to be aware of is taxes. You'll probably need to update your W4 to 0 allowances early in the year you are getting married. The man is no friend to married couples who have no children, and doesn't see a difference if you're married January 1st or December 31st as long as it's in the same year.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor

Postby xjsb125 » 6/8/2010, 1:36 pm

But have some babies and you are set!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby faninor » 6/8/2010, 2:34 pm

Yes.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 6/8/2010, 6:16 pm

Well I'm only claiming one right now, I usually claim zero but I need the money now! I'll have to re-do everything once we get married, so we'll have to figure it all out then! Thanks for the advice :)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby faninor » 6/8/2010, 10:18 pm

I used to claim 2 and so did Kym, but we were advised to switch it to claim 0 for each of us, and even withhold a pretty significant amount on top of that (Kym had found a calculator online that helped with this), in order to not owe taxes at the end of this year, since we've gone through a lot of this year already each claiming 2 exceptions.

If you're planning to get married in an early month of the year there's no problem, but if you're thinking mid / late year you'll want to plan ahead and update your withholdings much earlier in the year to avoid owing a lot at tax time.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

faninor

Postby myownsatellite » 6/9/2010, 7:57 am

I'll probably end up updating mine before the end of this year because I'll be a little more stable in a couple of months (now that I'm getting regular paychecks and I finally got my contracted raise). I don't know what he claims, but I'll let him know.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite