ClumsyMonkey.net

Edmonton Shows

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby Johnny » 5/11/2010, 12:05 pm

katshimmers wrote:ahhh sorry Johnny, figured with the accent you would have figured it out!

haha I used to have cases like that, until i stored the cd's with other means. I like it, shows they are deeply loved :) And now they have even more history being signed!

Ah! Sean! F*ck that - always interrupt me! I'm an aussie, we dont know how to shut up until someone butts in on us ;) Were you wearin' a green shirt?? PS Thank you for the set lists :)

I am flying home today from Seattle, would much rather go back to Canada!

Now that I think about it, I think I heard you talking. Love your accent. ;)
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Tattooed Angels » 5/11/2010, 2:25 pm

KAT
Love Bear's photo with the band.. Now I want a photo with him..

BTW what OLP CD's are you missing?

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby katshimmers » 5/11/2010, 3:48 pm

Johnny wrote:Now that I think about it, I think I heard you talking. Love your accent. ;)

BWHAHAHA! Should'a said hi... ahhhh well. next time next time.

Gail, i've got no idea. HAHAHA But i'm gonna work on a list! I'm just stoked to have been able to buy vinyl :) REal hard to import it into Oz, its damn expensive in postage as well
katshimmers

Postby katshimmers » 5/11/2010, 3:48 pm

And Bear loved every minute of it :) HAAHAH little bugger he is!
katshimmers

Postby DG » 5/11/2010, 4:46 pm

Who the hell is Bear?
DG

Postby Johnny » 5/12/2010, 3:28 pm

Do we even want to know?
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby katshimmers » 5/16/2010, 1:48 am

Hi everyone. I'm finally finding time to make this post... so sorry!
Got back in one piece obviously, and am back at work. A lil bit sick because I jetsetted a bit too much, but starting to come good now. Not overly jetlagged, just a blocked sinus... yeah they're FUN! NOT!!!!!!

Well, I guess i've said so much already, but just wanted to say again a big thank you to the band for an amazing two nights.

I was just going to write a few things, but errrr its turned into an essay sorry!

4am was just amazing, i really enjoyed that on both nights. Hearing Clumsy live as well was just... wow factor for me. Made the whole thing seem like yes - i have come all this way, and yes it was worth it. Paper Moon is also really beautiful live, and you can tell that Raine especially enjoys playing it live because he talks about it so much before hand. I think its a great inerlude in the evening.
Dreamland was GREAT to hear live that night, very awesome. I think In Repair and Starseed were prefect enders for the night. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where to stand and get a good spot, so I spent a fair amount of time switching around all over the place, which wasn't too smart in the end.

VIP the first night was awesome. Met downstairs near the merch table and got chatting to some people, a girl by the name of Jenn who's now added me on facebook, so that was lovely. We then were ushered up to the next level, and from there you have to walk a zillion miles around the top section to the VIP "Garage". Seriously, has those old 70's style garage roller doors on it. pretty hilarious! Rich came out (but i had no idea who he was at this stage) and tells us all that they're making a DVD of the tour and that he wants three people with an extraordinary story to come up and say something for the DVD. He goes on to explain that he's seeking things like tattoo or this that or if you've travelled from Australia for the show! Cheeky monkey singled me out! But i was stoked, so that was pretty cool (thank you trusty!)
anyhoo, long story short, went over, did the DVD Thing and then met the band, and then let the 50 other VIP's have their moment of glory.

Second show I got there a bit earlier to find that we'd had a section roped off for VIP, so that was awesome because it was the spot I wanted - perfect view of the stage, great for photos too :) YAY!

Right Behind You.
I just about died. I thought I would never hear that song live, and its such an important song in my life, and always has been. When I first heard it, I thought - wow... this sums up everything I believe in being a friend to other people. I have always told my friends that whenever they need me, I'm there. Any time of the day, just call, and i'll listen. So this song was really important, and I feel so lucky to have finally heard it live.

In Repair and Life were also highlights for me in this gig, but as were Is Anybody Home as well. at the first VIP Raine and I talked about how you can simply tell they aren't really into performing clumsy live, and i really noticed that on the second night with Spiritual Machines - the "gel" as Raine puts it, is there.
Great show, I loved every minute of it. And managed to spend it with new friends, which was great. Courtney and Craig were from the first VIP night they did the DVD with me as well, and then Craig and Brooke who came for SM night only. It was great times, we all sang along and chatted and shared stories - fabulous!

Second VIP was great because there were only about 18 people, including one truly freakin' out young lass! HEHE! Poor gal i thought she was going to pass out! But she got out everything she wanted to say to the band, and so that was awesome :) Rich came out and asked me to wait until the end... haha was pretty funny.

Ended up spending a lot of time with the band, and they gave me a shirt and a poster and signed it. It was great. I've been around a lot of bands before, and I've sold merch for bands a lot over the years here in Perth, but its rare that they're actually nice, and appreciative towards the majority of fans. It was very refreshing to get this from them, and I thank them and Rich immensely for their kindness and not thinking I'm some weird freak. Ok so they probably do think that - but whatever! HAHA! I was speechless. Steve even went to the point of saying he might be able to give me some contacts if i did move to the states or canada next year to sell band merch - completely unexpected and thank you!

The last part of the evening is devoted to Bear.

Bear is a small stuffed bear, that my parents gave me many years ago. Last year, I travelled the Trans-Siberia Railway from China, through Mongolia into Russia. My cousins are quite young, and i wanted a way to get them to pay attention to where i was going, and maybe make them feel like they were kinda involved. You've heard of people before that take garden gnomes on trips - well Bear is my version of that scenario. He's been all over the world now, and continues to have adventures. (He's on my facebook - The Adventures of Bear I and II are up there).

so.... it seems somehow (courtney!) Bear got found out, and whilst, yes its embarrasing asking Our Lady Peace to have their picture taken with a small stuffed toy, I really got the impression that if they'd found out about him later and not had a picutre, they would have been disappointed.

You can see Bear in the band photos. www.ourladypeace.net/Edmonton
I can post some more photos if you want. i just dont have them here with me now.

I just want to say, for years i've listened to OLP. for the last three years i've stared at the poster on my wall thinking - i'm never going to see them, its a waste of time dreaming the dream.
My, how i was wrong.

I never got involved on the forums or anything because i've been let down by forums and other fans in the past with other bands. I'm really happy to say thats a completely different story here - thank you to all the fans and friends that i've made here, and also at the show who dont post here. I really look forward to hopefully one day seeing you again, meeting you for the first time, but most importantly seeing another OLP show with ya's!

Thank you four amazing and talented people -OLP - my dreams came true, and i received gifts that i never thought i would - not just in physical form, but emotional as well. Some amazing shows, i'll never forget. Cheers - hope to see you down under soon!

Thank you lastly to trusty. ya rule.

much love,

kat
katshimmers

Postby Johnny » 5/16/2010, 10:20 am

Glad you had an awesome time, kiddo. I wish I woulda said hi to you.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby saman » 5/16/2010, 7:59 pm

sounds like a great show, kat! i'm glad it was worth the trip! i hope you stick around here even though the show's over :)
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Johnny » 5/17/2010, 11:58 am

As some of you know, I'm not a fan of their music these days, but meeting them for the first time after all these years was very humbling for me. I was more or less, in a stat of shock/dis-belief when I met em, especially since Jeremy came right up to me, introduced himself and shook my hand. Raine surprised me most of all because came to me right after Jeremy, which surprised me because I had him pegged as the brooding, reclusive one who hid in a corner waiting for people to come up to him. Steve and Duncan were pretty chill as well. Steve in particular was pretty stoked up about my SM guitar when I showed him a picture of it. It was awesome. :nod:

The concert itself was cool as well. My friend and I were sitting right next to the VIP area on the main floor. They were good seats, but people were standing right in front of us and it was tough to see the stage at times. Hearing SM was truly awesome, especially hearing Life and All My Friends. I was really impressed with how the new songs sound live as well. Monkey Brains was particularly exciting. Naveed was the highlight of the show for me though. Duncan's bass was shaking the whole building. It was awesome sauce.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Carson79 » 5/17/2010, 1:21 pm

So you had a OLP Epiphany of sorts?

I am happy that you have such great things to say about the shows knowing your well documented feelings about OLP.

And Naveed is always the one song I know I will want to hear at every show.
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/17/2010, 2:10 pm

Carson79 wrote:So you had a OLP Epiphany of sorts?

I am happy that you have such great things to say about the shows knowing your well documented feelings about OLP.

And Naveed is always the one song I know I will want to hear at every show.

I agree.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby katshimmers » 5/18/2010, 5:10 pm

Hey saman, thanks - but i've already returned to Australia. I was only there for the shows, and drove to Seattle the day after the SM show... crazy huh! I hope to head back to Canada really soon though, it was fabulous!

I forgot all about Monkey Brains Johnny! It was spectacular!!!! Glad you enjoyed it... thats the aim of the game!

Can we go back there already? It was such a wonderful time...
katshimmers

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 5/18/2010, 5:25 pm

katshimmers wrote:Hey saman, thanks - but i've already returned to Australia. I was only there for the shows, and drove to Seattle the day after the SM show... crazy huh! I hope to head back to Canada really soon though, it was fabulous!

I forgot all about Monkey Brains Johnny! It was spectacular!!!! Glad you enjoyed it... thats the aim of the game!

I think she meant stick around the CM not Canada. :D
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby saman » 5/18/2010, 7:12 pm

:P
saman

Postby Johnny » 5/18/2010, 9:09 pm

Carson79 wrote:So you had a OLP Epiphany of sorts?

No, not at all. I still think their current trend in music is weak sauce. Yes it was quite nice hearing the new stuff...live. And yes it was quite nice meeting them, but I just do not believe that they'll ever make music that appeals to me again.

katshimmers wrote:forgot all about Monkey Brains Johnny! It was spectacular!!!! Glad you enjoyed it... thats the aim of the game!

Aye, it's definitely a song that gets the blood flowing. :nod:
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby laurel » 5/18/2010, 11:11 pm

(I still effing hate that song.)

Just sayin'.
laurel

Postby katshimmers » 5/19/2010, 1:40 am

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:
katshimmers wrote:Hey saman, thanks - but i've already returned to Australia. I was only there for the shows, and drove to Seattle the day after the SM show... crazy huh! I hope to head back to Canada really soon though, it was fabulous!

I think she meant stick around the CM not Canada. :D

<<< retarded obvioulsy!

yeah! i plan on stickin' around if ya's are all happy to have me! :)
katshimmers

Postby katshimmers » 5/19/2010, 4:18 pm

oh yeah, i forgot to say

VIDEO'S HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/katshimmers
katshimmers

Previous