ClumsyMonkey.net

Winnipeg 4-30-10 & 5-1-10

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby DG » 4/30/2010, 4:06 am

So, uh, what about money in Canada. Do I need Canadian or will US work? Or should I just use my debit card.
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/30/2010, 5:17 am

DG wrote:So, uh, what about money in Canada. Do I need Canadian or will US work? Or should I just use my debit card.

Any of the 3 will work. They should accept American because they are so close to the ND border. If you use your debit card they sometimes charge international service fees. I noticed those are my card in Toronto and London. It's usually not much. Something like 15 to 65ish cents per use. It depends on what the total of your purchase is.
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 7:26 am

US money might work in some places, but not all. I always use credit card in the US - but debit likely works too - but expect charges.

Anyways, whoop, your probably on the road now! I'm going to pack up and leave in a few short hours too!
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
Carson79

Postby xjsb125 » 4/30/2010, 11:50 am

Call your bank card/ credit card and notify them you are traveling.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Locobone » 4/30/2010, 4:10 pm

xjsb125 wrote:Call your bank card/ credit card and notify them you are traveling.

Excellent idea. My bank shut off my debit card the last two times I traveled to Canada b/c I didn't inform them ahead of time. I'd be upset at them for doing that but their fraud department just saved my ass after someone cloned my card the last time I was in Canada and saved me from $200 of bogus charges.
Locobone

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/30/2010, 4:15 pm

Locobone wrote:
xjsb125 wrote:Call your bank card/ credit card and notify them you are traveling.

Excellent idea. My bank shut off my debit card the last two times I traveled to Canada b/c I didn't inform them ahead of time. I'd be upset at them for doing that but their fraud department just saved my ass after someone cloned my card the last time I was in Canada and saved me from $200 of bogus charges.

and the same thing happened to me. I'm not going to Canada with Locobone anymore. He always gets in trouble... lol
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/30/2010, 4:23 pm

I told you what to do. Let them know you will be out of the country on such and such dates. Then if anything is charged they know not you.

probably too late but I know my bank charges $5.00 for international withdrawals from ATM machines. They pretty much run neck and neck with exhange.. I usually exchange the money here before hand cause I do not pay the 3% commission fee you do with money exhange places. I know from experience most places run neck and neck with dollar. YOu actually save if you use a debit/charge then if you paid USA CASH> i do not know why you just do..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby DG » 4/30/2010, 8:20 pm

ad lib on car crash. the most amazing thing ever... i think steve had guitar issues so raine tried to cover with the ad lib and thw belted out on his knees one of the craziest falsetto scream and qwnt back to normal song and the let out the other long falsetto from the song...

it was sex in vocal form

i have video

excuse tge bad spelling
DG

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 4/30/2010, 8:32 pm

DG wrote:ad lib on car crash. the most amazing thing ever... i think steve had guitar issues so raine tried to cover with the ad lib and thw belted out on his knees one of the craziest falsetto scream and qwnt back to normal song and the let out the other long falsetto from the song...

it was sex in vocal form

i have video

excuse tge bad spelling

Can't wait to see this!

ClumsyGirl618

Postby MindsOnLoan » 4/30/2010, 8:33 pm

That sounds awesome!
MindsOnLoan

Postby Heavy Alibi » 4/30/2010, 8:48 pm

Can't wait DG!!! Epic
—Doesn't anybody ever know—

Heavy Alibi

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:03 pm

Best time ever!

I am so happy you got video!

N-A-V-E-E-D!!!!!
Carson79

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:28 pm

Oh yeah, I could pretty much stalk them all day from my hotel window...really, I have pics! lol

My 23rd floor hotel room window looked down on BC Theatre and the tour bus.
Carson79

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:29 pm

Although I can't actually confirm I saw anybody, but lots of ant size people in black clothing...
Carson79

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:30 pm

It took way too long to get people standing on the balcony!

Also am sad they didn't play Dreamland.
Carson79

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:33 pm

I`d say they were fucking spot on with the songs...not one complaint about voice issues - even the guys behind me that were trying to be negative couldn`t do it, I watched them give in and say they are buying tickets for tomorrow!
Carson79

Postby XtremeStar » 4/30/2010, 10:38 pm

Great show! I was standing in row 5, floor!

You should have seen the look on Steve's face when his guitar cut off during Car Crash! Just at the end of an interlude about to dive into the final big solo. Thankfully he and the tech guy figured it out while the others jammed longer and did a bit of improvisation as mentioned above! It turned out nice in the end!

The second half was the standard 11 song set with In Repair and Starseed as extras for the encore.

Clumsy Album
Is Anybody Home?
One Man Army
Paper Moon
Escape Artist
Somewhere Out There
Naveed/ Kids (MGMT)
Are You Sad
All You Did Was Save My Life
XtremeStar

Postby Carson79 » 4/30/2010, 10:56 pm

Glad someone else cut in...maybe I had too many $4.50 rye and cokes at the concert...
Carson79

Postby DG » 4/30/2010, 11:07 pm

I don't really have a whole lot of video, we were too busy jamming out.

We were at the very back of the first balcony... I was bummed... then the concert started and I forgot all about the distance. Raine mentioned that everyone in the balcony was his hero for being up there. At one point Raine starts talking about this little girl, and then brings her out of the audience. He asks her if he was a fan of OLP and she says 'yeah' and a few more things. It was quite cute.

Raine also mentioned how he's despised Hello Oskar in recent years but rehearsing it makes him find it bearable now.

Also, Everyone on the floor standing in front of the stage. What the fuck... you were the lamest bunch of people just standing there. I was jamming at the very back of the theatre... I would have gladly taken your spot.
Tomorrow I'm gonna start some crazy shit up there.

I got a signed version of the poster with S/R/J/D on it and Oli's face art on the back. Pretty sick. I plan on picking up the vinyl and tour shirt tomorrow.

The Car Crash recording I have is quite good, but let me tell you this: It sounded so much more fucking awesome in person. I'll have it up soon.

And finally: This concert blew my mind. This is the first time I was rocking so hard to the music. The boys were on on everything. I'm looking forward to tomorrow so fuckin' bad.

Carson... your like two blocks from my hotel. Wanna go get a drink with me and my girlfriend? lol
DG

Postby XtremeStar » 4/30/2010, 11:13 pm

Yea we saw that little girl and her parents/guardians walk up to the stage in the intermission. She watched the whole second set sitting on top of the huge subs/speakers on the floor right up againts the stage in front of Duncan. She must have been like 4 years old!... She actually ran up to Raine at the end of Starseed when Raine was thanking the crowd and he picked her up and hugged her for a good 30 seconds as the band was ending the song!

They only let the first 3 rows go right up to the stage, and weren't budging on letting anyone else move closer.
Last edited by XtremeStar on 4/30/2010, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeStar

PreviousNext