ClumsyMonkey.net

Dec 4th-Freebird live-Jacksonville Beach F

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Dec 4th-Freebird live-Jacksonville Beach F

Postby Tattooed Angels » 9/29/2009, 4:49 pm

OLP are scheduled to play here on Dec 4th . No info yet.

website link and info
http://www.freebirdlive.com/

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby DG » 9/29/2009, 7:16 pm

8:00pm at 15 bucks a ticket.
DG

Postby JeffWich » 10/27/2009, 6:14 pm

Got my tickets a couple of weeks ago. Takes some of the sting out of having to miss Johnson City :(
JeffWich

Postby JeffWich » 11/24/2009, 7:26 am

So looks like this will be the second of a handful of shows after their break- wonder if they'll change the set up a bit? Really hoping to hear Naveed- hate to see it cut from so many shows recently :(
JeffWich

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 11/24/2009, 3:19 pm

JeffWich wrote:So looks like this will be the second of a handful of shows after their break- wonder if they'll change the set up a bit? Really hoping to hear Naveed- hate to see it cut from so many shows recently :(

They did Naveed with Kids in Columbus and that was almost the end of the last leg. So hopefully :D
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby twiqz » 12/7/2009, 1:34 am

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:
JeffWich wrote:So looks like this will be the second of a handful of shows after their break- wonder if they'll change the set up a bit? Really hoping to hear Naveed- hate to see it cut from so many shows recently :(

They did Naveed with Kids in Columbus and that was almost the end of the last leg. So hopefully :D

Can anyone please post this or the Orlando's setlist? ...Or both :D

twiqz

Postby JeffWich » 12/7/2009, 3:26 pm

Sorry for not getting this up sooner...

Was an AMAZING performance... the Freebird Live was incredibly small & intimate (not sure how they fit everything on stage).

They DID play Naveed! It wasn't on the setlist, and I think they really enjoyed the energy of the crowd, cause before they played AYDWSML they were looking at each other as if "we gotta play another one before the closer". I'd like to think it was because I screamed out NAAVEEEEED! right up front (Raine then said kinda close to the mic to the others "wanna do Naveed?" at that point the crowd flipped shit and they didn't really have a choice). I know it's been played almost every tour in the past, but I was really disappointed to see it left off of several sets this year... that song just hits me a certain way and I have to admit my eyes got a bit watery during the performance :P

Jill took the pictures and video on my Blackberry (unfortunately left my camera in the car and there was no re-admittance), Going to edit that and will post here when I've got it online.

Here was the set:

Monkey Brains
Supermans Dead
Innocent
Clumsy
Paper Moon
Escaper Artist
Is Anybody Home
Somewhere Out There
Bring Back The Sun
One Many Army
Automatic Flowers
Naveed (extended intro and I believe they did the MGMT piece before the bridge).
All You Did Was Save My Life
---
4AM
The End Is Where We Begin
Starseed

Pics & video coming soon. For now, here's one of the better ones- not too shabby for my Blackberry (fortunately Jill does photography)

JeffWich

Postby saman » 12/7/2009, 3:49 pm

sounds like an awesome show! thanks for the setlist, jeff!
saman
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby JeffWich » 12/7/2009, 4:13 pm

JeffWich