ClumsyMonkey.net

New Date - Boston - Tues August 18th

Thousands can't figure out just what they did, just what they, just what they did...

Postby Rocketdog » 8/29/2009, 9:49 pm

theo wrote:Now that I have finished uploading the vids to YouTube, I have created a playlist of the show that will play all of the clips in setlist order!

Our Lady Peace, Paradise Rock Club, Boston MA 8-18-09 (17 videos)

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for posting that! Wanted to go to that show badly, but 1) didn't find out about it until after it was sold out, and 2), it was my wife & I's 8th wedding anniversary that night, too - and we already had made other plans in advance anyway. This really helped make up a bit for missing it. I only hope they do another leg of the tour back this way (Boston, or better yet, in Maine) so I can see them again.

Thanks again!
Rocketdog

Postby aspiritualjunkie » 8/30/2009, 6:06 am

Yes, they need to come to Maine!
Unfortunately, the State Theater is closed, so I have no idea where they'd play.
Ry Ry :)

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)
This dog is mighty cool, you're jealous!

The world is not your oyster. Prying it open ruins your chances of putting it back.
aspiritualjunkie

Postby Rocketdog » 8/30/2009, 8:24 am

aspiritualjunkie wrote:Yes, they need to come to Maine!
Unfortunately, the State Theater is closed, so I have no idea where they'd play.

If they played The Paradise, they could easily fill Port City Music Hall - they're about the same size/capacity. Which begs a good question - whoever is booking that place should be looking at who's playing The Paradise and The Middle East and trying to bring those bands up here.

Anyway, I saw them play The Asylum (on the Clumsy tour) but that seems too small for them now. Merrill Auditorium is about the same size as The State, but they would probably consider it too much of a "rock" (i.e - rowdy) show to have them. The Maine State Pier also has about the same capacity and would have been a cool place, too, but it's getting too late in the season to play there, and weather would be a factor.

Which brings me back to Port City Music Hall.

p.s. - nice to see a fellow Mainer on here.
Rocketdog

Postby aspiritualjunkie » 8/31/2009, 5:43 am

I've never heard of the Port City Music Hall. I went to the sound check and Boston and told the band they should come to Maine. Steve asked where they could play, but I had no idea.

I also saw them at the Asylum. That was a crazy show! I was only like 15 or 16 then.

I did see Finger Eleven at The Station in Portland. I remember it being pretty small. I think that place holds 600-700. I'm not sure what the Paradise holds.
Ry Ry :)

,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)
This dog is mighty cool, you're jealous!

The world is not your oyster. Prying it open ruins your chances of putting it back.
aspiritualjunkie

Postby Rocketdog » 8/31/2009, 2:00 pm

Port City has only been open since January. It's right on Congress St. in Downtown Portland, maybe a block or so away from One City Center. It's where The Stadium used to be (and actually, the bar part is still there), and before that it was Keystone Movie Theater. It was completely redesigned to be a "state-of-the-art" music venue, and holds around 700 people. I've seen a couple of shows there, and it's really nice - but they could be booking some better acts.

That Asylum shows was pretty crazy. I remember Black Lab opened for them, and that practically a whole school bus full of Canadian students came down from somewhere to attend the gig. They had a big Canadian flag with them, too. I'm pretty sure it was late, '98.
Rocketdog

Postby BennyBlanco » 10/2/2009, 8:34 am

Complete Audio set is now available from Bostons Sold Out Show !!!!!!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=269344

enjoy

sample = http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/26/ ... SAMPLE.mp3

:D
BennyBlanco

Postby xjsb125 » 10/2/2009, 11:35 am

Thanks! I've heard plenty of your NIN, so I'm sure this one will be great too!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Tattooed Angels » 10/2/2009, 11:45 am

do you need to register to hear it.

BOSTON was a great show. That is the show where they actually came back after Encores to play Denied..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Previous