ClumsyMonkey.net

The NHL Thread

Chat area.
Did you want to escape, try to escape the population?

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/5/2008, 6:36 am

just wait till i make the bigs :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Kicker774 » 6/5/2008, 7:22 am

WIN!!!!

Wow did I have a frickin heart attack with 0.000000001 to go and the puck dribbled through the crease.

Now I'm slightly peeved at the NHL because even after ordering maybe 5-10 minutes after the win my hat is already on back order.
I didn't feel like paying and extra $20 on top of the $30 for the hat for Overnight shipping.

Ah well I'll get it eventually.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Random Name » 6/5/2008, 8:05 am

Hahaha that sucks.

My team if finally bringing the cup here, though! Woo!
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Johnny » 6/5/2008, 8:21 am

Frick dude, it would have been amazing if Hoss was able to bury the puck in the last second.

But, this series was pretty much lopsided from the get go.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby Random Name » 6/5/2008, 8:51 am

Yeah that little flying puck at the end was crazy. But if you watched the clock when Hoss got his stick on it, it was too late anyways. haha. A wicked ending for the game though.

Although, it seemed pretty much set when the penguins had a 5-3 and couldn't get it in, let alone and good shots.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/5/2008, 9:36 am

the pens are too young
this off season however is gonna very, very interesting in the east...

hossa to stay a pen (maybe)
fleury needs to re-up
crosby's new contract kicks in
malkin's eligible for an extension
(and thats not to mention guys like malone 'n orpik who are important to that team)

sundin's a UFA with a possibility of moving
tucker 'n mccabe and a few others might be bought out
avery's a ufa
jagr's a ufa
barry melrose is gonna be the coach in tampa
the habs have some 15 mil in cap space with only a few important resignings (andrei kostitsyn) and a whole lot more kids ready to jump in and play next year (for cheap) so they could conceivably go after some big time players

then theres jeff carter and rj umberger in philly

and the new look d for the sens (redden and commodore are pretty well gone but what else is gonna happen? oh and emery is gone too)

finally steve stamkos is coming east (to tampa.. theyre already hyping the kid in adverts so theyre going to draft him)

boston is gonna (well should) get better

the devils.. well lou lam always does something..

then theres the caps w/ huet and where he ends up.

it'll be interesting to see where the dust settles
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Dr. Hobo » 6/5/2008, 9:54 am

oh and i cant believe it took THIS long for someone from the rock to finally win the cup :nod:
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Johnny » 6/5/2008, 11:42 am

I wonder if the Pens can even afford to keep Hoss.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Kicker774 » 6/5/2008, 12:33 pm

Congrats to the New Finlander!!
This guy truly worked his ass off to get to the cup. Always hustled for the puck never gave less than everything he had.
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Neil » 6/5/2008, 2:37 pm

I 'effed the NHL in A back when the 'lanche took out the Wild. Its on to the Celtics/Lakers rivalry now. That will be more worth watching than the Pens/RW series.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Dr. Hobo » 7/1/2008, 3:15 pm

so... let me get this straight...

buy-out darcy tucker, buy out andrew raycroft, waive kyle wellwood, wave goodbye to your captain all in an effort to "get younger and rid the team of bad contracts going forward" and you go out and sign a 29 year old who was dicking around in the minors till 2 seasons ago and who made half a mil and change last year to a THREE POINT FIVE MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT?!
WHAT THE FUCK

ps. im glad im not a leafs fan heh
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby starseed_10 » 7/5/2008, 7:53 am

Absolutely the most irrational management job i've ever seen (except maybe signing dipietro for 500 years). I thought we might have moved passed all this shit with Fergy out the door. Fucking hell.
blah
starseed_10
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby starseed_10 » 7/5/2008, 7:56 am

At least he's a defenseman. But really, was his market value close to 3.5MM?
blah
starseed_10

Postby Dr. Hobo » 7/6/2008, 2:05 pm

i dunno if its true.. but supposedly fletcher signed the wrong guy.. they wanted kurt sauer (based on what they were talking about in interviews about finger, all the stuff they talked about actually fit the description of sauer as opposed to finger)
either way tho.. sauer signed, for HALF as much as finger did and no, he didnt deserve that much at all.. he may have gotten a raise to like.. 1-1.5 mil but more than 2 would be pushing it.. 3.5 is just crap lol
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Kicker774 » 7/7/2008, 7:30 am

Hockey Headlines:

Hossa bashed for picking a cup contender
over long term cash.

Wings to play Hawks @ Wrigley field next year

Jagr heads to Russia
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Dr. Hobo » 7/7/2008, 8:56 am

ive yet to see anyone openly bash hossa for taking less money for what he felt is his best chance at winning other than by pittsburgh fans who felt jilted for him signing with the wings but beyond that.. no one has,

wrigley isnt 100% confirmed yet.. but it should happen. although it SHOULD be in montreal this year. fucking bettman. (why you ask? this year marks the 100th anniversary of the founding of the franchise, the sports most decorated and oldest franchise. one that has had 3 awards named after its former players or officials (vezina, rocket richard and clancy trophies).

jagr.. i never liked him but hes a good player regardless and im actually almost pleased to see he stuck to his guns when it came to his "rangers or bust" statements
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Kicker774 » 7/7/2008, 9:55 am

Dr. Hobo wrote:ive yet to see anyone openly bash hossa for taking less money for what he felt is his best chance at winning other than by pittsburgh fans who felt jilted for him signing with the wings but beyond that.. no one has,

Link

Tony Gallagher of the Vancouver Province criticized Hossa, saying he would "step into Detroit for one fun-filled season, pick up his ring, and then go for the big financial score the following season, when some poor team will lay out a huge wad of cash for some guy who's already invited himself to the championship dance by joining a team that may well have gotten there whether he'd been involved or not."

Damien Cox of the Toronto Star said joining a loaded team "is the only way to understand the decision ... to accept a 25% discount on his services for one year, to go and live in Detroit and play out of crumbling, smelly Joe Louis Arena."

Michael Rushton of TSN wrote that Hossa "managed to slap the faces of both competitiveness and logic with one sweep of the pen."

Hossa's response: "I wanted to have the best chance to win the Stanley Cup. I think the team in Detroit is something special. It wasn't easy, and there were a few (big offers), but I know it's right."
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby Dr. Hobo » 7/7/2008, 11:35 am

tony gallagher isnt a good source for anything, except maybe methane but beyond that yeah, he sucks.

hes known to be friends with and buddy-buddy with player agents. player agents receive cuts of player contracts. players who turn down 80 million dollar contracts for a 1 year deal at a lot less are costing their agents lots of money and therefore costing gallagher's friends money so he spews out some BS about hossa (when in fact chances are he'd have done the same had he taken the money regardless)

secondly, what is wrong with what cox said? he stated a fact (unless youre referring to the shot at the joe?). frankly cox is right, hossa did it for one reason and potentially just cost himself in the neighborhood of 73.6 million dollars. hockey isnt exactly a sport with no contact and players suffer serious injuries all the time, some of which end careers. hossa chose to ignore the risks and take his chances at winning the cup (and i commend him for that) but all cox says is there is no OTHER reason to do it. hes right.

and finally mr. rushton's ridiculous and idiotic piece of writing... from the looks of things.. dudes from pennsylvania.. you know.. the state where pittsburgh is which goes back to what i said earlier about pens fans being pissed about it
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby Kicker774 » 10/22/2008, 9:10 am

A second NHL team for Toronto?

Discuss

I'd like to see a team like the Hurricanes, maybe the Panthers or Lightning moved to Toronto. I know there's talk of Nashville as well. Maybe it's just me but I like seeing catfish thrown on the ice.
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby beautiful liar » 10/22/2008, 11:36 am

If the team is viable, it might actually make for better hockey in Toronto - give fans an option other than the money-hungry-but-never-competitive-Maple-Leafs, and the Leafs might actually look to create a team that can play to keep people coming to their games. And if the new team charges less for tickets, they'll definitely get turn-out. But if a new team comes in charging as much as the Leafs without the same tradition of loyalty, the new franchise would crumble quickly.
beautiful liar

PreviousNext