Oasis
51%

Total votes : 39

Postby the android » 7/2/2002, 8:35 am

defying_gravity wrote:
curtman16 wrote:
Ahree wrote:RADIOHEAD.

I need money, I gott buy Pablo Honey.

The only track off of Pablo Honey that I like is Creep (which the album has two versions, so its okay).

I don't really like Pablo Honey. Creep is so overplayed.

Creep is/was so overplayed that even Radiohead won't play it anymore. LMFAO, it was one of those teen angst songs and people would go to shows just to see them play Creep.

Meanwhile, I have to buy Pablo Honey so I'll have all of Radiohead's CDs...I have a burned copy of Amnesia that my brother gave me...When I get the money I'll buy a real copy of that.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby bort8 » 7/2/2002, 9:32 am

i really dont like either of these guys...but if i HAD to pick one, i guess id go with oasis..even though id like to dropkick noel gallagher
"Sh*t, id be f*ckin' scared if us were opening for...us"
-Dave Grohl on why the Red Hot Chili Peppers only let the Foos play a 45 minute set when they toured together

"baby, i wish you were my baby,
ill make u make a baby,
let's make electric power,
in fear u should not cower,
cuz girl i will protect u,
i promise not to sex u,
and IiiiiIiiiiIiiiiiiIiiiiiIiiiiii...." - Dudez a Plenti

"all by myself
cause I don’t want to drag you down, hold you down
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
i guess you think it’s funny now, funny now
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

I am still awesome.........................................................................................seriously.
bort8

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/2/2002, 9:41 am

I thought Pablo Honey was amazing. I loved "Stop Whispering" "Ripcord" and "I Can't"
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby the android » 7/2/2002, 10:30 am

I like Anyone Can Play Guitar.

And my brother lemme borrow this weird single of My Iron Lung, but it's got a bunch of other songs on it, including an accoustic version of Creep, and it's fucking AMAZING. In my opinion, anyway.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android

Postby defying_gravity » 7/2/2002, 12:38 pm

Oasis has not evolved as a band. Their songs sound exactly the same as when they first started. Radiohead is the most scizophrenic band out there - they can master anything they try their hands at.
picturize the nights and days you close the book and float away and somehow in between you gotta master lying to yourself you max your cards get out of school you get a job your job gets you and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
defying_gravity

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/2/2002, 12:40 pm

Exactly. Radiohead can master anything. They are the most versitile band out there.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 12:46 pm

I think Oasis has evolved .. have you ever seen that documentary on them, their biography .. it was a bit funny but sad too .. anyway I think their music has varied on each cd .. but if you don't like them you're not going to appreciate it .. just like I can't stand Radiohead and I think all their music sounds the same .. Radiohead is just too mellow and depressing to me .. BUT I do like Travis and Travis has been compared to Radiohead many times ..
Joey

Postby Axtech » 7/2/2002, 12:48 pm

I don't like Oasis. The songs sound alright, but the guys are jerks. They don't get along, they get drunk all the time, etc...

Plus, they call themselves the "greatest band in the world". I hate all bands that say that, whether they're just kidding around or not (take Tenacious D, for example. The songs are alright [even though they steal riffs from other songs], but Jack Black is a jerk. He's funny as hell, but a jerk.)
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 12:50 pm

Yeah, the guys are jerks .. but so is Matt Good .. a lot of musicians are assholes :lol:
Joey

Postby Axtech » 7/2/2002, 12:51 pm

Mike Turner is not.
Jeremy Taggart is not.
Duncan Coutts is not.
Raine Maida is not.
(as far as I know) Steve Mazur is not.

:mrgreen:
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.

Axtech

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/2/2002, 12:51 pm

There are some nice ones too. Chris Carrabba from Dashboard Confessional and Steve from OLP are two of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 12:53 pm

Well sometimes I think Raine has a bit of an asshole streak in him :lol:
Or maybe moody is a better word ..
Joey

Postby Axtech » 7/2/2002, 1:00 pm

Yeah, he's moody. But I think everyone has the right to be moody when you're in the spotlight 24/7.
- -

Axtech

Postby luckyJQ9 » 7/2/2002, 4:39 pm

I can't believe that Oasis is even winning this. They are so full of themselves. Anways, I'm sooo Radiohead, as evidenced by the label thingie. Although their newer stuff is a little strange I still really appreciate it and The Bends and Ok Computer are two of my favorite all time albums, especially OK Computer.
luckyJQ9

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 4:42 pm

I don't think just cuz a band is full of themselves that they can't make good music .. which they do .. Oasis were HUGE when they first came out and they still are .. go Oasis! :mrgreen:
Joey

Postby luckyJQ9 » 7/2/2002, 4:54 pm

True, but I don't really like their music either. It's funny, when they first came out I really loved their stuff, and then I got sick of them. They started to sound like a rip off to me, like they were just copying other bands' sound(The Beatles). I dunno how they slipped away from me.
luckyJQ9

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 4:58 pm

I hate that comparison .. I don't think Oasis is like the Beatles at all .. other than being British .. people just stick them in the same category cuz they're both British rock bands ..
Joey

Postby luckyJQ9 » 7/2/2002, 5:01 pm

I think it's cause you can really hear their accent. A lot of British bands sing and you don't even notice they are from Britain because you can't hear their accent. Oasis' couldn't be any more obvious, much like the Beatles' were.
luckyJQ9

Postby Joey » 7/2/2002, 5:03 pm

Yeah I can see that :nod:
Joey

Postby Eelco » 7/3/2002, 3:35 am

I hate Radiohead's music, but the band members are ok (e.g. their ideas and all).
I hate Noel and Liam, but I like their music.

So, Muse all the way.
Eelco

PreviousNext