ClumsyMonkey.net

Karate/Martial Arts Thread

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Postby Johnny » 12/2/2005, 12:20 am

I dunno Alex, being grabbed, twisted and pulled doesnt sound alllll that pleasant.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007

Postby happening fish » 12/2/2005, 1:22 am

happening fish wrote:I'd say that sounds like advice for the bedroom but I think it would kill my chances of ever getting laid by a CMer.

CAN NO ONE READ?
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Axtech » 12/2/2005, 12:44 pm

happening fish wrote:I'd say that sounds like advice for the bedroom but I think it would kill my chances of ever getting laid by a CMer.

:happyno: :sugar:
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby happening fish » 12/2/2005, 1:45 pm

:GASP: :GASP: :GASP: :GASP: :GASP: :GASP: :GASP: :GASP:
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish

Postby joe_canadian » 12/2/2005, 7:04 pm

I've taken Karate and Kung Fu, and some Tae Kwon Doe and Jiu Jitsu. All but Kung Fu were "freestyle" iterations, but the Kung Fu was a very serious combination of styles that was primarily Ying Yi, or "Five Elements Mind Fist Boxing".

I took Karate for six years and loved it. I left with my red belt and helped teach the less experienced kids. I did pretty well in a handful of friendly local competitions between schools, but never got as serious as I wanted to. I love Karate, it doesn't receive the respect it should.

I absolutely adored Kung Fu, but only got to do it for about a year before university made it too difficult to pursue. I'm hoping to investigate local schools in the next couple of months.
Just because I am sexy, naked, a bassist, and sporting a top hat doesn't make me Duncan Coutts!
joe_canadian

Postby Smooke » 12/3/2005, 6:26 am

joe_canadian wrote:I've taken Karate and Kung Fu, and some Tae Kwon Doe and Jiu Jitsu. All but Kung Fu were "freestyle" iterations, but the Kung Fu was a very serious combination of styles that was primarily Ying Yi, or "Five Elements Mind Fist Boxing".

I took Karate for six years and loved it. I left with my red belt and helped teach the less experienced kids. I did pretty well in a handful of friendly local competitions between schools, but never got as serious as I wanted to. I love Karate, it doesn't receive the respect it should.

I absolutely adored Kung Fu, but only got to do it for about a year before university made it too difficult to pursue. I'm hoping to investigate local schools in the next couple of months.

Good man!! :duncan:
you took Karate for 6 years eh?! ...that's awesome, I respecty people who can stay in it. It's not easy because it takes a lot of patience and a gung-ho attitude to achieve a black belt level in Karate.

Karate should receive the respect it should. I agree. I mean look at other national foundations such as the NBA, NHL, NFL ...people have to do fuck all to get into those sports. Well not fuc, they do have to work hard... but Karate is different than those typical sports. I'm sure one of these days the NKA (national karate association) will become recognized!

here's a very good school!! ---> http://www.kai-shin.com
It's in the Toronto area and I know the instructor very well, he's my O'Sensei.
Smooke

Postby Johnny » 12/3/2005, 9:05 am

My uncle has a back belt in Karate. He even has a wooden staff that he uses for practice.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny

Postby Smooke » 12/3/2005, 10:27 am

that's awesome that your uncle has a black belt in Karate! Props to him!
Smooke

Postby naveed99 » 12/7/2005, 9:20 pm

Ive got my 1st degree black belt in goju-ryu, it sounds like it is similar or identical to your style smooke. Ive been taking it since I was about 11, and I am 18 now, so about 8 years.

I love competing in tournaments, no big prizes yet though.
Bored again by Happiness...
naveed99

Postby thirdhour » 12/8/2005, 2:06 am

When I was in grade 2, my brother had a friend that was taking Karate, and so this friend would teach my brother every week, who would in turn teach me. I pretty much can kick all your asses. :lol:
thirdhour
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby Smooke » 12/8/2005, 8:10 pm

naveed99 wrote:Ive got my 1st degree black belt in goju-ryu, it sounds like it is similar or identical to your style smooke. Ive been taking it since I was about 11, and I am 18 now, so about 8 years.

I love competing in tournaments, no big prizes yet though.

Awesome man!!

Gojo-Ryu is pretty good style. And it's not the same or identical. They are different, big time! ...my style is Chito-Ryu, I think Chito-Ryu, Gojo-Ryu and Uechi-Ryu are the best styles to learn. Screw that Shotokan, Shito-Kai, and Shito-Ryu crap...those styles suck!

thirdhour wrote:When I was in grade 2, my brother had a friend that was taking Karate, and so this friend would teach my brother every week, who would in turn teach me. I pretty much can kick all your asses. :lol:

:naughty:
Smooke

Postby Rusty » 12/8/2005, 9:29 pm

As long as I'm around, that will always be a CMer that will be happy to engage in the act of getting laid with you.

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty

Previous