ClumsyMonkey.net

The Matthew Good Appreciation Thread

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby defying_gravity » 6/13/2002, 2:09 pm

All MGB's albums are really good for listening all the way through. The songs blend really well.
picturize the nights and days you close the book and float away and somehow in between you gotta master lying to yourself you max your cards get out of school you get a job your job gets you and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
defying_gravity

Postby Bananababy » 6/13/2002, 2:13 pm

I can't ever find Matthew Good albums. :|
boo.
Bananababy

Postby the android » 6/13/2002, 5:02 pm

Bananababy wrote:I can't ever find Matthew Good albums. :|

I ALMOST thought I wasn't gunna find it, but I went to Newbury Comics and they had a couple of used copies there. I was happy :D.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby defying_gravity » 6/14/2002, 3:15 am

Which one?
picturize the nights and days you close the book and float away and somehow in between you gotta master lying to yourself you max your cards get out of school you get a job your job gets you and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
defying_gravity

Postby the android » 6/14/2002, 5:51 am

O__o There were two copies of Beautiful Midnight there.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android

Postby Bananababy » 6/14/2002, 8:43 am

Yeah, I'll keep looking.
boo.
Bananababy

Postby starvingeyes » 6/14/2002, 9:49 am

it must be nice to live in countries other then canada and have the mattew good band be a really, really hip band that noone has heard of.

i love it when records are impossibly hard to findd. :mrgreen: it makes me feel as if i have accomplished something when i finally get it. i also love the look on the face of the uptight pretentious hipster music clerk working the counter of the used record store when i bring a dismemberment plan CD to the register. assholes. :lol:
starvingeyes
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Endymion » 6/14/2002, 9:52 am

I downloaded all of his albums but I really only like Audio of Being.. it's the only one I'll buy.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion

Postby starvingeyes » 6/14/2002, 10:31 am

yeah, aob is about 1 zillion times better then everything else he's ever done. that record is genius. the other two were just good.
starvingeyes

Postby defying_gravity » 6/14/2002, 11:18 am

primetimefool wrote:it must be nice to live in countries other then canada and have the mattew good band be a really, really hip band that noone has heard of.

It has its benefits. But also it means I never get to see them live or on TV, and it takes forever to import CDs.
defying_gravity

Postby smoking_monkey » 6/17/2002, 10:24 am

i first got into MGB when Apperations was released. AOB is fucking amazing. Couldn't stop listening to it for like 3 weeks
smoking_monkey

Postby defying_gravity » 6/17/2002, 11:11 am

smoking_monkey wrote:i first got into MGB when Apperations was released. AOB is fucking amazing. Couldn't stop listening to it for like 3 weeks

I still can't stop listening to it.
defying_gravity

Postby lora » 6/17/2002, 12:16 pm

AOB is what I listened through during my study time for exams.
I wouldn't have survived without it.
:D
lora

Postby Odin » 6/19/2002, 2:13 pm

This thread is dying again.

After listening to AoB non-stop for the last month, I guess AoB isn't as bad as I said it is, it's ingenious lyrically. The one thing that bothers me is the recording, Matt's voice stands out too much, it seems that all the complex recordings are merely background to compliment his voice, he should lay his voice back a little. So far I think Tripoli, Truffle Pigs and Ad. on Police Cars are the best tracks.

Oh yeah, I lost the cd case, I forgot where I left it, now I only have the CD and not the case, limited edition.....
Al's emails put a smile on my face, even though all they say is "You've got a private message!"
Odin

Postby lora » 6/20/2002, 8:51 am

Same here.
When I first listened to AOB, I was really dissapointed with it. Just a few weeks ago, I gained a real appreciation for it. I don't think there is one song on it that I can't get myself to like. The chords, lyrics, everything is genial. Definitely an amazing album.
lora

Postby defying_gravity » 6/20/2002, 9:15 am

Odin wrote:This thread is dying again.

After listening to AoB non-stop for the last month, I guess AoB isn't as bad as I said it is, it's ingenious lyrically. The one thing that bothers me is the recording, Matt's voice stands out too much, it seems that all the complex recordings are merely background to compliment his voice, he should lay his voice back a little. So far I think Tripoli, Truffle Pigs and Ad. on Police Cars are the best tracks.

Oh yeah, I lost the cd case, I forgot where I left it, now I only have the CD and not the case, limited edition.....

That's funny, because AoB just grabbed me immediately (except for I, The Throwaway which took a couple of listens). The first time I heard Man Of Action I knew that I really was in for something very special. And Sort Of A Protest Song - that was just the perfect way for the band to finish their recordings together ("No pain, no gain").

Hopefully there might be a new album out soon because recording is going well (check out the studio diary at matthewgood.net). Whilst you're there you can dream about getting one of the t-shirts from the auction. "I Hear Matt Good's A Real Ass-Hole" is mine I tell you. Mine.
defying_gravity

Postby lora » 6/20/2002, 9:17 am

I thought they broke up...?
*shame on me for not paying attention :mrgreen:*
lora

Postby defying_gravity » 6/20/2002, 9:19 am

Sorry, I meant Matthew Good album. With Rich "Rock" Priske. So kinda half Matthew Good Band album.

Simple.
defying_gravity

Postby lora » 6/20/2002, 9:25 am

ohhhh, makes perfect sense now. :)
lora

Postby call me andrew » 6/20/2002, 7:36 pm

does anyone know a good matt good fan site?
and now its international security. the call of the righteous men.
call me andrew

PreviousNext