ClumsyMonkey.net

pouring out your soul

Show off your art.
A pop-up book of flowers from grade 4 are driving her insane...

Postby nelison » 5/17/2005, 8:21 pm

Hard to say I know you

Hey there
I found your note
I thought you should know
It's a roller coaster
sitting on a fence
an obsessive decadence,
Let's sit and watch.

When the highlight of your day
was yesterday
I find it hard to say
I know you.

Hey there
I think it's time
I thought you should know
I'm a trapeze artist
in artistic times
while you stradle a fence
hoping it won't break

It's hard to say I know you
When you act like this
It's hard to say I know you.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby NCdudeN2K4 » 5/18/2005, 10:07 pm

Greed lies underneath
seaps into dreams
of power and money
strength and vigor
conscience and pride.

Greed, a madness
inside a man
takes a grip
inside of a soul
empty and broken.

Greed, a broken mind
a running hour glass
slipping sand,
the hands of time.

Greed, a spark
power
in the darkest hour
lights a flame.
never the same.
never satisfied.
NCdudeN2K4

Postby evanw60 » 5/22/2005, 9:06 pm

You Were Right to be Desolate

A healthy mix of Dylan and Drake and you can't complain
about that because when you listen all is right with the world
except for the Desolate Angels who populate the plains
and shout to the Heavens for their just rewards
that they never receive for endlessly obeying the tiring campaign
of the King of the Earth and all that remains,
and the slow walking Angels that you shout at to pick up the pace
for their own sake
"Move move!" you say, but not out of hate,
because you fear for their lives as they could be stepped on any minute
but then you realize
that even if they sped up it wouldn't change a thing
they'd still be stepped on eventually
unless they had the wings
that they should because they're all angels and we're all angels
but none of us have our wings,
and you turn to the Desolate Angels
and you think that maybe they've got it all right and down
and you shout out at them "You were right all along to be desolate!"
and they nod and agree.
This is my story both humble and true,
Take it to pieces and mend it with glue.
- John Lennon, 1969
evanw60

Postby beautiful liar » 5/22/2005, 11:34 pm

The boy who can't sleep

Unbridled fatigue conquers the soul,
as I tumble and slip
to the greater below,
buried in this
unbearable body.

Alone in here
I subsist on fear
and shallow dreams
of the boy who can't sleep.

Saturated with luminary
anticipation
I wait for the creeping
wake of lies to catch up
and carry me along.

Take me to a place,
sweep me up in the
chaos of rolling
churning
gulping oceanic
tumult
distant from the
conventions of land.

And I will never fight the tide;
awaiting my liquid death
still consumed by
the boy who can't sleep.

Choking on the saltine
hydro-unreachable oxygen,
closing my eyes to the crush
of blue-green-black
as the sound of my
pulsing heart is
drowed out by escaping air.

The water forces its way in.

the boy who can't sleep,
meet the girl who can't swim.
beautiful liar

Postby trentm32 » 5/23/2005, 6:24 pm

howdy-doo my fine CM-er pals! I haven't posted in a whiiiiile (been mad busy with that crazy thing called real life! ugggh) I've got a couple of new things I kinda dig...check it...

"wave goodbye to me"
<i>
an avalanche of thoughts
the martyr to my dreams
burning stars, a blackened sky,
and nothing's as it seems

I fall asleep so soundly
with my face turned to the sky
pupils round, see the sound,
with my eyelids open wide

painted snow and mountains
as neckade as the trees
just swaying in the distance
as they wave goodbye to me
</i>

"in morning"
<I>
it seems every dream I have
always ends in morning
the sun finding the heavens--
chase my smile away

blinds slice through the daylight
not enough to make it die
always finding my eyes--
to just chase my smile away</i>

Kind of got off on a notebook ramble sort of about intuition...this came out...i dig it...
<i>
That feeling. Somewhere low. Lower than the pit of your stomach, miles below the soles of your feet. That deep suspense that something is on the verge of happening. That unspoken knowing that everything is somehow coming to a head. That all of the things that have happened have just been leading you to this moment. And you’re standing on this ledge. Bare feet on cold stone, miles above the earth; toes hanging over the side. Swaying—back and forth, back and forth—just trying to decide if you should do it. Whatever that ‘it’ is.

Empty faces, with every eye full of everything. All the words unspoken, all the things unsaid. The air not quite full of lies; but never really the truth, either. Just the in-between. Always just the in-between. The grey skies and empty mountains. Always just the in-between.
</i>

w00t
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

<a href="http://www.soundthesirens.com">SoundTheSirens.com</a>
trentm32
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby trentm32 » 5/30/2005, 11:33 am

"thinking & learning"

girl, before you
I'd never stood in the middle
and watched something crash down
a lie I thought I believed in
the sunsest quickly coming,
with the chill that fills the air

and, before you
I'd never felt this way
to just have it slip away
when there's nothing I could do
my heart just beats on faster,
and I can almost smile and sigh

and girl, before you
I didn't have this broken story
to tell through broken eyes
dark days and inspiration
as empty pages and lost ideas,
are all that's left to make me smile
"When looking up there, I just felt whole, like I belonged. Like one day I too would shine my most brilliant. Sitting there also made me think about sitting through services at my little country church back home. About that never-changing congregation of the same sixty-seven people and everyone has known you since before you were born. Now, out here in the real world, everything just seemed more vivid than when I used to sit in that little pew. That pew that was now so, so far away from where I was. I feared I had somehow left God behind there, too. I feared he was somehow just sitting there, saving my seat on the fifth pew from the front row, just waiting on me to come back. I left so quickly, I worried that he may not have noticed I was gone. And, now, I’m just too far away to find. So he’s just sitting there, patiently waiting on me to come back. I closed my eyes and prayed a moment. I hoped more than anything that he could still hear me." -an excerpt from my novella, A Sea of Fallen Leaves.

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 6/4/2005, 2:24 pm

"a faded fountain"
<i>
magnolia trees
blossoming
white pedals--
white as snow

the scent of honey
the scent of life
grass green
the wind the show

a faded fountain
water old
but flowing still today
my fading fountain
flowing strong--
I wave farewell to May

just lying on my back
as the sound of air
is all that breaks my mind
as trains whistle in the distance
and I slowly crack a smile
</i>

trentm32

Postby beautiful liar » 6/9/2005, 9:04 pm

Ricochet
hurts
unviable progress
gives in to today.

Tuesday
dawns
ugly and morose
reeking of night time.

fuck ugly wasted warriors upon golden chairs of empty females waiting for a whore’s existence paid by the fuckers who fuck the fucked blowing up silos of silence and clemency upon gilded shoulders of faceless upholders in green suits and baskets of bright red never equal out when every day upsets caused by shapeless drones redistribute reckless amounts of corpus noise and incoherent emotional panic which cashes in on the capital punishment created and marketed just for us and every other sucker sucking with a gun to their heads crying as liquid drips from sore mouths and torn wombs eaten away by moral decay of unprecedented violent violation and hunted by haunting hatred hewing away at the hopeful creating an utter void where hopelessness drips in like dye shading everything as it spreads like oil into the ocean coating us irrevocably with it’s dark gleam shining like smooth opals in the sunshine which burns until skin peels away leaving naked exposure to the horror of reality within our chocolate coated fantasy of crushed metal and glass glowing in gardens of Gethsemane where we get taken to salvation mistakenly christified in glorious colour and initiating warfare throughout the ages in a senseless multiplication of unknown origin distorted and vilified by pretentious leaps and bounds inside a judicial sunflower reaching towards a garish light hidden by clouds as grey as the ground stretches out ceaselessly seeking the certain end in a futility most familiar empty as the box I stand on in a riotous approach to attention surplus scored by those who do not suffer deficits and those who take the pills in a beautiful solution to a monster living under sofa beds and creeping through fields of brilliant brown boring as existence where we flail and scream and never make a sound searching for words to express the complete hollow between bones grown long ago in a forest someone had succeeded in bringing happiness was lost to all in a cruel fated twist of lemon in your coke replacing childish games inside a hued echo throughout the paranoid cave where I creep searching for you and searching for sleep but less the days and less the nights inside my shattered shelter like a child raped and left for dead at the tender age of eight unwise and unworldly until that moment of sanctimonious outside the park nothing is real except the swinging nooses with ugly blotched bodies swinging forth and back to the beginning.
beautiful liar

Postby joe_canadian » 6/9/2005, 9:09 pm

:love:
Just because I am sexy, naked, a bassist, and sporting a top hat doesn't make me Duncan Coutts!
joe_canadian
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby clumsychild_ » 6/9/2005, 9:35 pm

8O

I think I'm going to need to re-read this... several times.

That is awesome.

*makes off with your vocabulary*
clumsychild_

Postby trentm32 » 6/27/2005, 5:43 pm

If ignorance is bliss; then why aren't I happy? - Me

sorry; just thought that was cooool. [/i]

trentm32

Postby Rusty » 6/27/2005, 6:17 pm

beautiful liar wrote:Ricochet
hurts
unviable progress
gives in to today.

Tuesday
dawns
ugly and morose
reeking of night time.

fuck ugly wasted warriors upon golden chairs of empty females waiting for a whore’s existence paid by the fuckers who fuck the fucked blowing up silos of silence and clemency upon gilded shoulders of faceless upholders in green suits and baskets of bright red never equal out when every day upsets caused by shapeless drones redistribute reckless amounts of corpus noise and incoherent emotional panic which cashes in on the capital punishment created and marketed just for us and every other sucker sucking with a gun to their heads crying as liquid drips from sore mouths and torn wombs eaten away by moral decay of unprecedented violent violation and hunted by haunting hatred hewing away at the hopeful creating an utter void where hopelessness drips in like dye shading everything as it spreads like oil into the ocean coating us irrevocably with it’s dark gleam shining like smooth opals in the sunshine which burns until skin peels away leaving naked exposure to the horror of reality within our chocolate coated fantasy of crushed metal and glass glowing in gardens of Gethsemane where we get taken to salvation mistakenly christified in glorious colour and initiating warfare throughout the ages in a senseless multiplication of unknown origin distorted and vilified by pretentious leaps and bounds inside a judicial sunflower reaching towards a garish light hidden by clouds as grey as the ground stretches out ceaselessly seeking the certain end in a futility most familiar empty as the box I stand on in a riotous approach to attention surplus scored by those who do not suffer deficits and those who take the pills in a beautiful solution to a monster living under sofa beds and creeping through fields of brilliant brown boring as existence where we flail and scream and never make a sound searching for words to express the complete hollow between bones grown long ago in a forest someone had succeeded in bringing happiness was lost to all in a cruel fated twist of lemon in your coke replacing childish games inside a hued echo throughout the paranoid cave where I creep searching for you and searching for sleep but less the days and less the nights inside my shattered shelter like a child raped and left for dead at the tender age of eight unwise and unworldly until that moment of sanctimonious outside the park nothing is real except the swinging nooses with ugly blotched bodies swinging forth and back to the beginning.

That is utterly AMAZING

Queens Of The Stone Age-Someone's In The Wolf

Once you're lost in twillights's blue
You don't find your way, the way finds you...

Tempt the fates, beware the smile
It hides all the teeth, my dear,
What's behind them...

So glad you could stay
Forever

He steps between the trees, a crooked man
There's blood on the blade
Don't take his hand

You warm by the firelight, in twilight's blue
Shadows creep & dance the walls
He's creeping too..

So glad you could stay
Forever

Image <----------------- click and listen!
Rusty

Postby trentm32 » 6/30/2005, 1:22 pm

ditto! *drools* I must have missed that the first time! that's effin awesome!

trentm32

Postby beautiful liar » 7/6/2005, 3:51 pm

:oops: thanks guys
beautiful liar

Postby beautiful liar » 7/12/2005, 6:41 pm

your rejection hurts more
than a bullet through the brain
pierce it again
pierce it again
pierce my fuckin heart again

and you don't know what you do to me
you don't know how you kill me

with your words of rejection
and your offhanded goodbyes

i know
i know you don't love me
the way i feel you
i know
i know you won't
cover yourself with me like a blanket
the way i take refuge in you

but i still don't want your fucking
goodbyes
the way i'm not a seperate person
so you cloak yourself
in nothing else

and it's fucking 'see you later'

as i come crumbling down
like london fuckin bridge
beautiful liar

Postby trentm32 » 7/23/2005, 6:21 pm

"and so it seems"

and so it seems
my every dream
always ends in morning

dawning through
the grey sky
to chase my life away

let me sleep
to smile, to weep
'cause in my mind I'm soaring

but in this walk
the world, the talk
seems my smile'll never stay

"tiny crosses in the sky"

and the steeples tear the heavens
tiny crosses in the sky
the horizon from my window
where I sit alone and write

wind so brutal, rain so black
as the asphalt grows so cold
and this city, is just a ghost town
as all the colors fade from bold

trentm32

Postby trentm32 » 10/20/2005, 1:05 pm

what's up guys :) I know... it's been a WHILE! I miss you all... soooo much! I've been mad busy with school, work... and I have fallen head over heels in love with the most AMAZING girl! We've been together since before the Summer... and I just love her more with every day! It's crazy how things work out!

anyways... wrote this a day or so ago...

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah"

and I'll pray for you
when you can't find the breath
and whisper to your heart
when silence's all that's left

and I'll stand for you
when you can't find your feet
shattered to the ground
and the world says you're too weak

when the heavens rain down sadness
and I can't find the strength to smile
help me see, and help me cry
help me live, and help me die

and when my heart just lies here breaking
in the freezing rain and cold
let 'Hallelujah, Hallelujah,'
be the only thing I say,
hallelujah, hallelujah
Lord, take me away

trentm32

Postby beautiful liar » 10/20/2005, 3:05 pm

:love: congrats on being in love.

that's some beautiful poetry man. we've missed you and your writing :nod:
beautiful liar

Postby trentm32 » 1/31/2006, 3:18 pm

it's taken long enough... but I'm BACK! Me and my roommate just got the 'net hooked up at our place. So I am LIVE, yo! Woohoo!!!! CM!!! I missed ya!!!

here's some newness!!

"to the floor"

and I can see
the words I speak
go crashing
to the floor

the prayers felt
whispered, knelt;
but I don't need
you, anymore

as I'm running out
of things to say
to you, that
you don't hear

so I'll lie here wasting
in the floor
just crying;
for you-- my dear

"stay"

biting my lips
to keep the tears at bay
when all I want
to do is break
to feel you break
right here with me

and cloudy skies
cloud my eyes
full moon breaking
find the light...

as empty words and lies
fill my heart my eyes
feel the rain
feel the tears
feel the pain
and feel the years

and all I want
and all I need
is for you to stay
to stay with me

until all I want
and all I see
is you right here
right here with me

I'm closing my eyes
to hide you in the air
just a whisper
is all it takes
to break--
I fear to hear
what you might say

and cloudy skies
cloud my eyes
full moon breaking
find the light...

as empty words and lies
fill my heart my eyes
feel the rain
feel the tears
feel the pain
and feel the years

and all I want
and all I need
is for you to stay
to stay with me

until all I want
and all I see
is you right here
right here with me

It's GOOD to be back!!

trentm32

Postby Random Name » 1/31/2006, 3:23 pm

"to hide you in the air" Thats an amazing line. Good Job.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

PreviousNext