ClumsyMonkey.net

Death From Above 1979

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby I AM ME » 9/16/2005, 9:26 am

death from above are having sex with my ears right now
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 9/30/2005, 11:41 pm

new remix album comes out in 2 weeks :D
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby clumsychild_ » 10/1/2005, 12:27 am

You're kidding! :O
clumsychild_

Postby I AM ME » 10/1/2005, 12:37 am

nope unless the computers at CD Plus are lying :D

I AM ME

Postby Hope » 10/1/2005, 12:42 am

:lol:
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby I AM ME » 10/1/2005, 12:47 am

it's gonna be awesome, one i already have a remix of Blood on Our Hands, and Black History Month, they're sweet.

I spend most of my spare time at CD Plus looking up when stuff comes out and how cheap i can buy it for. Then i laugh at people who arn't CD Plus Employee's

I AM ME

Postby joe_canadian » 10/1/2005, 5:35 pm

Yeah, you're way cooler than just about everyone.
Just because I am sexy, naked, a bassist, and sporting a top hat doesn't make me Duncan Coutts!
joe_canadian
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby I AM ME » 10/2/2005, 10:41 pm

obviously :roll:

all the cool people spend all day just looking up stuff

I AM ME

Postby clumsychild_ » 10/14/2005, 2:20 pm

from the LJ community:

Death From Above 1979 will be releasing Romance Bloody Romance on November 8th, which is a collection of remixes and b-sides. The tracklisting is as follows:

01. Better Off Dead (Le Peste cover)
02. Blood On Our Hands (Justice Remix)
03. Romantic Rights (Erol Alkan's Love From Below Re-Edit)
04. Black History Month (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Remix)
05. Little Girl (MSTRKRFT Edition)
06. Romantic Rights (The Phone Lovers Remix)
07. Black History Month (Josh Homme Remix)
08. You're Lovely (But You've Got Problems)
09. Romantic Rights (Marczech Makuziak Remix)
10. Black History Month (Sammy Danger Remix)
11. Romantic Rights (Dahlback Remix)
12. Black History Month (Girl On Girl Featuring Final Fantasy Revision)
13. Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition)
clumsychild_

Postby I AM ME » 10/17/2005, 2:14 pm

Ok, maybe no one cares but this is really confusing.

CD Plus says that the CD comes out next Tuesday. But HMV and Amazon say's it's been pushed all the way till Novemeber 22. The official site, and Amazon don't even mention the CD at all which is strange. It's already been pushed back from the 11th to the 18th, and now it might be possible that its not coming out till late November? WTF?

Although I tend to believe CD Plus that it is coming out next week, i haven't seen the copy in the back, but we just finnished moving stores so the new releases are still boxed up. I did however fill out some hit list pricing forms last week and Death From Above 1979 was on the list with the new cd on sale at $14.99. Hmmmm strange. Perhaps HMV/Amazon are having some sort of problem with Last Gang?

actually never mind, if you go to HMV/Amazon there's a strange glitch. If you type in Death From Above, and then click romance bloody romace, it'll tell you the right date and a price comparable to CD Plus. But if you type in Death From Above 1979, and click on Romance Bloody Romance it says it's been post poned to Nov. 22, and costs 21.99. Amazon is retarded

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 34-9404822

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 34-9404822

apparently amazon doesn't realize they're the same band

I AM ME

Postby _old_lady_peace » 10/22/2005, 9:32 am

"Death From Above are like a sexy elephant in your living room"

"This is the music robots would have wild, passionate robot sex to."

"Death From Above are having sex with my ears right now."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You guys rule.

Death From Above 1979 is freakin sweeeeet. I got their cd "You're a woman, I'm a machine" around...last december I think, and I still haven't quit listening to it. I want to go see them live, but everyone I talked to before this thread has said they weren't very good live. :( I dunno, I'd still love to see them. I think they should tour with Pink Grease and Head Automatica and Hot Hot Heat...would that not be the danciest tour eva? It would be one big dance fest.

New remix/ besides cd??? WOOOO! I wonder if I'll be able to find it here though, because in America, DFA79 is really rare. I had to order my cd online even, though a friend of mine found her copy at CD Warehouse (which is the MSU college radio station cd store, they've got a lot of little bands like DFA79) I hope I can find the new cd in stores, I don't want to order it online, I'm too laaaazy. Haha.

"She was livin, alone, unhappily....." AHH! I love this band! *dances*
<b><3</b> Katie! ~ proud member of the anti-milk alliance

<b> "well i'm not sleeping, you're not here"</b><br>

"and the lonliness leads to bad dreams, and the <b>bad dreams lead me to calling you</b>, and i call you and say...<i>come here</i>"
_old_lady_peace

Postby I AM ME » 10/22/2005, 4:54 pm

\m/

Rock on!

And welcome to the board.

Everyone i talked to that has seen them said they were awesome. PLus Chart Magazine gave them a really good rating

I AM ME

Postby clumsychild_ » 6/1/2006, 9:48 pm

clumsychild_

Postby Hope » 6/1/2006, 10:50 pm

huh. wow.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby I AM ME » 6/2/2006, 4:32 pm

They better not break up.

I AM ME

Previous