ClumsyMonkey.net

Death From Above 1979

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Death From Above 1979

Postby I AM ME » 1/3/2005, 4:10 am

Ok i know there has to be some fans here! These guys rule! Its so cool how they appeal to so many people and also coudl be hated by so many. It's hard abbrasive rock and roll that you can actually dance to! Ass kicking bass and wailing vocals.

Check out the reviews

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 57-6373664

Not to mention they're highly recomended by both Chart Magazine and Much Music's "The Wedge" as one of the best Canadian albums of teh year. Check them out and let the spunk grow on you. \m/ :dance:
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 1/3/2005, 4:44 am

"Four of Canada’s most buzz-worthy young bands are heading east. Frequent tour-mates Stars and Broken Social Scene will be joined by The Dears and Toronto’s Death From Above for a Japanese tour beginning in May. “It will be interesting – it’s part of an expo,” Stars singer Torquil Campbell told Billboard.com. “Who goes on first, I don’t know.”" - Much Music

wow is that a cool tour or what?

Although the one i missed awhile ago was Billy Talent, Metric and DFA1979 which would have also been awesome.
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 1/5/2005, 2:22 am

I'm not letting this die

Death From Above are like a sexy elephant in your living room

I AM ME

Postby clumsychild_ » 1/5/2005, 3:58 pm

:drool:

I love this band.

I saw them live earlier last month. They were fantastic. It was a great, very fun show.

Their sound is so original. It's amazing what the two of them can do with bass, drums, voice and the occasional keyboards. The cd makes me dance very strangely. Hehe.
clumsychild_

Postby joe_canadian » 1/5/2005, 4:40 pm

I can vouch for the strange dancing. Big time. 8O
Just because I am sexy, naked, a bassist, and sporting a top hat doesn't make me Duncan Coutts!
joe_canadian
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby clumsychild_ » 1/5/2005, 4:47 pm

:nana:

You know you love it.
clumsychild_

Postby Hope » 1/5/2005, 5:22 pm

I AM ME wrote:I'm not letting this die

Death From Above are like a sexy elephant in your living room

:lol: :lol:
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby I AM ME » 1/6/2005, 12:00 am

clumsychild_ wrote::drool:

I love this band.

I saw them live earlier last month. They were fantastic. It was a great, very fun show.

Their sound is so original. It's amazing what the two of them can do with bass, drums, voice and the occasional keyboards. The cd makes me dance very strangely. Hehe.

i thought i was the only one! lol i'm not a dancing guy, but when i was drunk last weekend they had me moving like a crazy person. To the shock of all my friends, consideirng i'm ussually a mellow guy who isn't easily excited.

I AM ME

Postby Hope » 1/6/2005, 5:01 pm

*ponders* then i guess i must check out more Death from Above.
hmm.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby I AM ME » 1/6/2005, 8:27 pm

i have to admit though, that if it was last year i would have hated them. But now i love them! they get better each listen.

For people looking to try stuff try:

Black History Month
Romantic Rights > (Single)
Blood on our Hands > (Next Single)
Losing Friends

They're all pretty good

I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 1/9/2005, 3:17 am

Black History Month

was the song that got ne into them though, it's way mellower then most stuff but near the end he has some serious emotion.

I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 1/9/2005, 3:41 am

"This is your album--whether you're a metalhead, suburban stoner, glue-sniffing gutter punk, electroclash fashionista, new wave spazz, hoodie skate-rat, indie rock academic, geriatric Deep Purple fan, or whether you've just been jonesin' for an intelligent, uncompromising but accessible rock record to rival Queens Of The Stone Age's 'Songs For The Deaf' or the first Foo Fighters album"--The Eye.

he's right

I AM ME

Postby I AM ME » 1/10/2005, 2:21 am

"Our music is an expression of those primal ideas. Ultimately we want our songs to make people completely lose it."

here's a video

http://www.muchmusic.com/music/artists/ ... rtist=1055

http://www.lastgangrecords.com/media/ro ... -small.wmv

I'm just going to keep posting in here so get used to it!

I AM ME

Postby starseed_10 » 1/10/2005, 12:01 pm

somebody play Dead Womb in reverse and tell me what she's saying at the beginning. It creeps the hell out of me.
Last edited by starseed_10 on 1/11/2005, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
blah
starseed_10
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby I AM ME » 1/11/2005, 12:11 am

yeah creepy as hell i got it at work but maybe i'll figure it out tommorow

I AM ME

Postby joe_canadian » 1/11/2005, 7:50 pm

This is the music robots would have wild, passionate robot sex to.
Just because I am sexy, naked, a bassist, and sporting a top hat doesn't make me Duncan Coutts!
joe_canadian

Postby clumsychild_ » 1/11/2005, 8:36 pm

clumsychild_

Postby I AM ME » 1/12/2005, 12:21 am

:D

I AM ME

Postby joe_canadian » 1/12/2005, 12:49 am

I MADE THAT. :mad:
joe_canadian

Postby starseed_10 » 1/12/2005, 2:38 am

does anyone know a program i can use that'll let me play songs in reverse?
blah
starseed_10

Next