ClumsyMonkey.net

Fall Out Boy

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Fall Out Boy

Postby Joey » 4/12/2004, 9:19 pm

Someone on this board recommended Fall Out Boy to me .. I can't remember who it was .. but whoever it was, thank you :love:

If you don't know this band, check them out .. they'll be at Warped Tour this year :nod:

Try:

Dead on Arrival
Grenade Jumper
Grand Theft Autumn/Where is your Boy
Saturday
Chicago is so 2 years ago
Joey

Postby starseed_10 » 4/13/2004, 8:33 pm

i think i remember saying they sound like new found glory, so you'd probably like them.

for the same reason, i'm not a huge fan. :uhh:

they're not bad though.
starseed_10
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Joey » 4/13/2004, 8:36 pm

i'm not a big fan of nfg either .. i've seen nfg live and they aren't that bad

i really like fall out boy though :nod: :love:
Joey

Postby starseed_10 » 4/13/2004, 8:43 pm

yeah... new found glory put on a good show. i was impressed.
starseed_10

Postby neoncrossing » 12/13/2005, 12:17 am

fall out boy is amazing....love the new album....from under the cork tree....simply amazing.....oh and NFG are good too
Is there something good, something more?
Is there anything worth dying for?
neoncrossing

Postby I AM ME » 12/13/2005, 12:32 am

They're ok. They're a good emo band. And since people know i'm not a huge fan of most that kind of music thats a backhanded compliment. I know i'm labelling again but w/e.

Anyways point is I think they're decent but not worth all the hype that's surrounding them. But then again most bands arn't
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby Joe Cooler » 12/13/2005, 12:36 am

I don't even know what Emo is anymore.
Joe Cooler

Postby I AM ME » 12/13/2005, 12:37 am

yeah i only have a vague idea. I'd say if you play Warped, and you're not punk, you're probably Emo. Or maybe Billy Talent

genre labels are pretty wishy washy, which is why they don't really matter that much. I just don't like the poppy punky, sometimes depressed, sounding bands that sing about girls. Whatever they might be called by people.
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby Joe Cooler » 12/13/2005, 12:45 am

But dang man, that means Good Charlotte is emo.
Joe Cooler

Postby Hope » 12/13/2005, 12:48 am

I AM ME wrote:yeah i only have a vague idea. I'd say if you play Warped, and you're not punk, you're probably Emo. Or maybe Billy Talent

genre labels are pretty wishy washy, which is why they don't really matter that much. I just don't like the poppy punky, sometimes depressed, sounding bands that sing about girls. Whatever they might be called by people.

what about bedouin soundclash? they were on warped. are they emo or punk?

fall out boy has some good pop songs but i havent really checked them out
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Joe Cooler » 12/13/2005, 12:50 am

There are plenty of bands on warped tour that are not "punk" or "emo." Like Underoath for instance, or Mae ect ect. He was just generalizing.
Joe Cooler

Postby Hope » 12/13/2005, 12:52 am

:nod:
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 12/13/2005, 2:11 am

*dance dance*
xoNoDoubt69
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby starseed_10 » 12/13/2005, 10:29 am

Joe Cooler wrote:But dang man, that means Good Charlotte is emo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now shut the hell up everyone.
blah
starseed_10

Postby pit_girl1 » 12/13/2005, 10:36 am

I love Fall Out Boy but I don't necessarily love what's been happening to them. They've gotten so big now that the fame is really getting to their heads, from what I've heard. From Under the Cork Tree is one of my favorite all time CDs though.

Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year (especially the fact that William Beckett sings on it) = :love:
~Hannah

Let the bare feet be the last sounds that they hear...

(yes, I have succumbed to the addiction that is last.fm)
pit_girl1

Postby bovine » 12/13/2005, 10:40 am

Joe Cooler wrote:I don't even know what Emo is anymore.

I never did. I first heard the word when I first got into Dashboard Confessional (which was before they got big). I heard that they were classified as "emo", so I checked out a bunch of other "emo" bands and didn't see much of connection between many of them.

:::troy:::
:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby Joey » 12/13/2005, 1:22 pm

pit_girl1 wrote:They've gotten so big now that the fame is really getting to their heads, from what I've heard.

:happyno:

they're super super nice and very down to earth guys. a friend of mine met them recently on their past nintendo fusion tour and she said they were all amazingly sweet. they always encourage their fans to stay after the show to meet them. i could have met them at warped since they said they'd be at their tent after but i had lost the people i went with and i was too chicken shit to go up to them on my own. but yeah, they're great guys. they do a lot for charities and other bands... they came together and raised money for andrew's charity when he was diagnosed with cancer and just recently they did the same for john beatz, the bayside drummer that was killed ..

they weren't expecting to become so popular and the pressure of it got to pete .. he was cracking and breaking down and was on anxiety medication and it got to the point where he tried to swallow a bottle of pills .. he went off tour for a bit and was in the hospital for awhile. i mean, pete thinks he's gods gift to women :lol: but other than that they're awesome guys.

the past little spat they had with the guy from the killers was funny though :lol:
Joey

Postby pit_girl1 » 12/13/2005, 1:45 pm

Joey wrote:
pit_girl1 wrote:They've gotten so big now that the fame is really getting to their heads, from what I've heard.

:happyno:

they're super super nice and very down to earth guys. a friend of mine met them recently on their past nintendo fusion tour and she said they were all amazingly sweet. they always encourage their fans to stay after the show to meet them. i could have met them at warped since they said they'd be at their tent after but i had lost the people i went with and i was too chicken shit to go up to them on my own. but yeah, they're great guys. they do a lot for charities and other bands... they came together and raised money for andrew's charity when he was diagnosed with cancer and just recently they did the same for john beatz, the bayside drummer that was killed ..

they weren't expecting to become so popular and the pressure of it got to pete .. he was cracking and breaking down and was on anxiety medication and it got to the point where he tried to swallow a bottle of pills .. he went off tour for a bit and was in the hospital for awhile. i mean, pete thinks he's gods gift to women :lol: but other than that they're awesome guys.

the past little spat they had with the guy from the killers was funny though :lol:

That's good to hear. I had heard at some of the recent shows that they weren't as welcoming of the fans as they had been. Although apparently Patrick is still the most shy person on the planet...hehehe...I love Patrick's voice sooooooooooooo much.
~Hannah

pit_girl1

Postby starseed_10 » 12/13/2005, 2:59 pm

i hear they eat babies
blah
starseed_10

Postby pit_girl1 » 12/13/2005, 3:02 pm

Yup, that's, um, exactly what they do.
~Hannah

pit_girl1

Next