ClumsyMonkey.net

CONCERTS

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby AnnieDreams » 8/1/2009, 6:48 pm

slagathor?
-Annie (Whee! boring signature!)
Member of the Pokémon League
Image
User avatar
AnnieDreams
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: 8/16/2003, 12:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland

Postby Shanae » 8/2/2009, 12:44 pm

I honestly walked by a house that had a sign that said "BORIS AND DORIS" and then their last name. It was awesome.
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby beautiful liar » 8/2/2009, 12:59 pm

crazy people and their rhyming names.

:eek:
User avatar
beautiful liar
 
Posts: 6281
Joined: 4/11/2004, 9:30 am

Postby m2 » 8/2/2009, 1:08 pm

i knew somone whos name was Billy Billy.
m2
 
Posts: 961
Joined: 7/16/2009, 2:37 pm

Postby Shanae » 8/2/2009, 11:19 pm

Billy Billy! Haha. I have a Ukrainian friend, and her name is somewhat like 'Olga.' So guess what I call her. Haha...
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Random Name » 8/3/2009, 7:58 am

You jerks!
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007
 
Posts: 10134
Joined: 8/16/2003, 2:57 pm
Location: New Finland

Postby Shanae » 8/3/2009, 11:43 am

Quiet, Moses.
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Carson79 » 9/21/2009, 1:47 pm

I seem to be embarking on a exclusively Canadian concert experience for 2009! I was really slow at the start of the year (or I'm forgetting something!)...but this has been mine so far and the other's I'm planning on attending...

August 2009
Marianas Trench (opened for OLP-supposed to be Sloan)
OLP

September 2009
Marianas Trench (can't help that they keep turning up as the opening band for so many things!!)
State of Shock
Default
*missed* The Tragically Hip~~but it was planned :(

November 2009
Chantal Kreviazuk
Matthew Good
The Trews

Oh! Just heard (like honestly, just this second on the radio) about STP in November...hmmmmm
User avatar
Carson79
 
Posts: 793
Joined: 8/25/2009, 2:07 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Shanae » 9/22/2009, 8:06 pm

Hey hey hey, don't hate on the Marianas Trench! They just happen to be the only band I ever see in concert.

PS: I have another Marianas Trench date, in a month or so. That'll be four shows of theirs since April, which is a big deal for me!

Ms. Carson, *shyly shuffles feet* did you like them? :)
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Carson79 » 9/24/2009, 11:57 am

They were fine, considering the first time I saw them I wasn't sure I knew any of their music. Then once they got playing I connected the song to the performer...had heard it I guess, just didn't pay much attention. They were fun concerts and they are funny guys...
Rock is dead, and paper killed it.
User avatar
Carson79
 
Posts: 793
Joined: 8/25/2009, 2:07 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Shanae » 10/13/2009, 10:00 pm

Oh they are so much fun! I really adore them, they are just so charming, musically and otherwise.

The lead singer is quite talented. He has a good set of live chops on him.

Anyways.

Concert announcement for Shanae:

BILLY TALENT!
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 10/14/2009, 5:05 pm

Shanae wrote:Oh they are so much fun! I really adore them, they are just so charming, musically and otherwise.

The lead singer is quite talented. He has a good set of live chops on him.

Anyways.

Concert announcement for Shanae:

BILLY TALENT!


they just played here. I have 6 maybe 8 shows coming up with in the next 8 days. Well friends are playing so I consideer that a show/performance.

Airbourne Toxic Event-10/15
Epick and M'F's-10/16( friends)
OLP-10/22
U2/Black Eye Peas-10/23
Weezer 10/24
U2/Black Eye Peas-10/25

there are a few shows going on for CMJ I might get to.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/
Image

Peace and Love
Gail E.
User avatar
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: 5/20/2003, 5:08 pm
Location: NU YAWK

Postby ClumsyGirl618 » 10/14/2009, 5:36 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:
Shanae wrote:Oh they are so much fun! I really adore them, they are just so charming, musically and otherwise.

The lead singer is quite talented. He has a good set of live chops on him.

Anyways.

Concert announcement for Shanae:

BILLY TALENT!


they just played here. I have 6 maybe 8 shows coming up with in the next 8 days. Well friends are playing so I consideer that a show/performance.

Airbourne Toxic Event-10/15
Epick and M'F's-10/16( friends)
OLP-10/22
U2/Black Eye Peas-10/23
Weezer 10/24
U2/Black Eye Peas-10/25

there are a few shows going on for CMJ I might get to.



Awww... I miss CMJ. The year I was music director at Gannon we didn't get to go. I did get my name in the magazine though. :nod: :mrgreen:
“Music doesn’t have the power to change the world. What music does is it changes people, & that changes the world, so to say that music doesn’t change people anymore is just ridiculous. It does everyday. It doesn’t have to be on a political or social level. You could be feeling shitty & it makes you happy & if that’s all it does, it’s changing the world. It’s making it a better place.” ~ Raine Maida

Image
Image
User avatar
ClumsyGirl618
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: 7/14/2009, 8:49 pm
Location: Newport News, VA

Postby Tattooed Angels » 10/14/2009, 5:40 pm

ClumsyGirl618 wrote:Awww... I miss CMJ. The year I was music director at Gannon we didn't get to go. I did get my name in the magazine though. :nod: :mrgreen:


It is the 20th -24th this year. There are a few people I wanted to see.> I will be away then so have to miss it.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/
Image

Peace and Love
Gail E.
User avatar
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: 5/20/2003, 5:08 pm
Location: NU YAWK

Postby Shanae » 10/16/2009, 5:53 pm

Gail... I envy your concert-going. Very much so. My mother thinks I'm insane for going to 'so many concerts.' She thinks my concert-going (as in, Marianas Trench three times since April) is 'ridiculous.'

Silly Mama.

I'm so enthused to see Billy Talent though. Next up, OLP... then I will have seen all the bands I really want to see.
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 10/17/2009, 5:12 pm

Shanae wrote:Gail... I envy your concert-going. Very much so. My mother thinks I'm insane for going to 'so many concerts.' She thinks my concert-going (as in, Marianas Trench three times since April) is 'ridiculous.'

Silly Mama.

I'm so enthused to see Billy Talent though. Next up, OLP... then I will have seen all the bands I really want to see.


I think Raine produced a track by Marianas Trench on their new cd/

http://www.theaquinian.net/2009/masterp ... -sub/-1141

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/
Image

Peace and Love
Gail E.
User avatar
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: 5/20/2003, 5:08 pm
Location: NU YAWK

Postby Shanae » 10/18/2009, 8:49 pm

Yes, Raine produced a duet with Kate Voegele and the boys called "Good To You" (probably my least favourite on the album) and a nifty little track called "Perfect."
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

Postby Tattooed Angels » 10/19/2009, 5:10 pm

also Shanae I am older and work full time. I did not go to shows when I was y our age.. I remember alot of younger OLP fans( back in the 90;s and early 2000) going all over to see them and they were only a year or two older then you. There was no way in hell my parents were letting me go out of state for some show at 14/15 years of age.

In that sense you guys done more then me..

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/
Image

Peace and Love
Gail E.
User avatar
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: 5/20/2003, 5:08 pm
Location: NU YAWK

Postby Matt. » 10/19/2009, 8:12 pm

Tattooed Angels wrote:also Shanae I am older and work full time. I did not go to shows when I was y our age.. I remember alot of younger OLP fans( back in the 90;s and early 2000) going all over to see them and they were only a year or two older then you. There was no way in hell my parents were letting me go out of state for some show at 14/15 years of age.

In that sense you guys done more then me..

The irony being that it was probably actually safer for a 15-year-old to do that then than it is now.. It's funny how things change.

Thank heavens for the Pop Explosion.

10/21 - Said The Whale, Hannah Georgas
10/22 - By Divine Right
10/23 - The Acorn and Ohbijou
10/24 - Their Majesties / Japandroids and You Say Party! We Say Die!
11/20 - Chantal (maybe...)
12/04 - Matthew Good
01/27 - Tegan and Sara
User avatar
Matt.
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 5/30/2005, 4:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Shanae » 11/4/2009, 5:12 pm

Ohhh Marianas Trench. Fun boys. Their drummer Ian was talking to my friend, and when she mentioned I was at the show, he went on a tangent about how awesome and enthusiastic and vibrant I am. *Gushes.*

Pre good show!
Image
Shanae
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12/28/2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Saskatchewan

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 6 hours • PHPBB Powered

Serving Our Lady Peace fans since 2002. Oskar Twitch thanks you for tasting the monkey brains.

cron