ClumsyMonkey.net

Biggest dissappointing cd so far this year?

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby the android » 7/21/2002, 12:17 pm

defying_gravity wrote:
Ahree wrote:The only CD I bought this year that came out this year was Gravity, and I thought it was a good investment...

So, I can't say anything yet.

Yeah you can. Your most disappointing CD of the year was Gravity. :lol:

LMAO, I guess you're right then XD. Best and worst of 2002 :lol:
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby bort8 » 7/21/2002, 1:40 pm

ClumsyraineOLP wrote:but the most dissapointing was definately NERD...or Maladroit.....

yeah, i didnt buy maladroit, but i heard most of it and i was pretty unimpressed.
"Sh*t, id be f*ckin' scared if us were opening for...us"
-Dave Grohl on why the Red Hot Chili Peppers only let the Foos play a 45 minute set when they toured together

"baby, i wish you were my baby,
ill make u make a baby,
let's make electric power,
in fear u should not cower,
cuz girl i will protect u,
i promise not to sex u,
and IiiiiIiiiiIiiiiiiIiiiiiIiiiiii...." - Dudez a Plenti

"all by myself
cause I don’t want to drag you down, hold you down
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
i guess you think it’s funny now, funny now
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

I am still awesome.........................................................................................seriously.
bort8

Postby OLP4AM » 7/21/2002, 4:30 pm

I bought Phantom Planet today and boy what a mistake. These Weezer wannabees couldn't play good music if they were the last band on earth. Something tells me that I'll wait for a band to have a few good songs play on the radio before I go out and buy a one hit wonder. :mad: Damn you Phantom Planet I want my money back!!!!
Bart … "So, to win Gretta back I have to go to Toronto."

Homer ... "Canada? Why should we have to leave America to visit America Junior?"
OLP4AM

Postby Axtech » 7/21/2002, 4:32 pm

Where'd you buy the CD from? Just scratch it up and take it back. Say it was like that and demand for your money back.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby bort8 » 7/21/2002, 4:47 pm

OLP4AM wrote:I bought Phantom Planet today and boy what a mistake. These Weezer wannabees couldn't play good music if they were the last band on earth. Something tells me that I'll wait for a band to have a few good songs play on the radio before I go out and buy a one hit wonder. :mad: Damn you Phantom Planet I want my money back!!!!

i think that cd is great
-Dave Grohl on why the Red Hot Chili Peppers only let the Foos play a 45 minute set when they toured together

ill make u make a baby,
i promise not to sex u,

"all by myself
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

I am still awesome.........................................................................................seriously.
bort8

Postby teelow » 7/21/2002, 6:23 pm

The magic of human opinion...
[glow=red]Typically you only need one fault.[/glow]
teelow

Postby Frustratedbythecracks » 7/21/2002, 8:48 pm

Weezer - Maladroit hands down, i shouldn't have waisted the money. Also Korn - Here to Stay. But biggest surprises of 2002 Eminem, Papa Roach. Was really surpried thought they were going to produce shit but I was pleasantly surprised
/////Live it, Love it, Be It\\\\\
Frustratedbythecracks

Postby Matchoo » 7/21/2002, 8:57 pm

I saw Elbow live... One of the most boring shows I have ever seen... the album is a bit better but not that much better

Mat

Starseed3333 wrote:Elbow- Asleep In The Back

Ugh. I actually won it, so thankfully I didn't spend any money on it. And.....I think it came out this year....but I got it this year either way, so it counts.
Matchoo

Postby Matchoo » 7/21/2002, 8:59 pm

I actually loved Weezer's "Maladroit" and Korn's new album is 10 times better than Issues was

Frustratedbythecracks wrote:Weezer - Maladroit hands down, i shouldn't have waisted the money. Also Korn - Here to Stay. But biggest surprises of 2002 Eminem, Papa Roach. Was really surpried thought they were going to produce shit but I was pleasantly surprised
Matchoo

Postby bort8 » 7/21/2002, 9:17 pm

i used to like korn way back in the day with their first cd...but that was a pretty odd time in my life. :lando:
i cant stand jonathin davis...he annoys the crap outta me

ill make u make a baby,
i promise not to sex u,

"all by myself
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

bort8

Postby Bananababy » 7/21/2002, 9:50 pm

I used to like Korn a lot, but now I just like a few songs- and I don't like the new stuff... it all sounds the same.
boo.
Bananababy

Postby luckyJQ9 » 7/21/2002, 10:07 pm

I need to apologize now...this is soooo after the fact, but I've been away and I haven't been able to the check the board and I just saw today and HAD to comment. Someone said, back on the first page of this topic that Radiohead's OK Computer was one of the most disappointing CD's they bought this year. I know they were misinformed, cause the CD came out years ago...Kid A and Amnesiac have since been released, plus the Live CD, but I that's not really my point. My point is that I LOVE that CD. It's one of those CD's that changed my life. But I know a lot of people that don't like it, or Radiohead's style in general, so I can sympothize. Still, OK Computer is one of my all time favorite CD's and it's the reason for my screen name. Lucky is one of my all time favorite songs. No offense to the person who didn't like it though, I can understand. Just wanted to voice my opinion on the CD :mrgreen:
luckyJQ9

Postby methman1 » 7/25/2002, 10:40 am

I wasn't misinformed, I just misunderstood the topic heading. I was fully aware that it came out some years ago. And I should say, that the style of OK Computer simply does not agree with me, but it is obvious that it is high-quality music all the same. It was disappointing for me, because I liked The Bends a whole lot better.
- The "Meth" Man

"I will always maintain that Spiritual Machines is OLP's best work!"-myself
methman1

Previous