Did punk rock get it right?

Radiohead or Oasis?

Radiohead
49%
Oasis
51%

Total votes : 39

Postby defying_gravity » 7/3/2002, 3:44 am

clumsyfish wrote:I think Oasis has evolved .. have you ever seen that documentary on them, their biography .. it was a bit funny but sad too .. anyway I think their music has varied on each cd .. but if you don't like them you're not going to appreciate it .. just like I can't stand Radiohead and I think all their music sounds the same .. Radiohead is just too mellow and depressing to me .. BUT I do like Travis and Travis has been compared to Radiohead many times ..

Travis don't sound anything like Radiohead - they're guitar-pop.
picturize the nights and days you close the book and float away and somehow in between you gotta master lying to yourself you max your cards get out of school you get a job your job gets you and somehow every day you end up serving somebody else
defying_gravity

Postby Bananababy » 7/3/2002, 10:01 am

I voted Radiohead... I guess I haven't heard that much Oasis, but they're not my favorite. Radiohead is amazing.
boo.
Bananababy

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 11:04 am

defying_gravity wrote:Travis don't sound anything like Radiohead - they're guitar-pop.

Um okay .. like I said, I've heard Travis being compared to Radiohead all the time .. I don't know if it's true cuz I don't like Radiohead and can't stand their music .. but I do enjoy Travis ..
Joey

Postby Endymion » 7/3/2002, 11:04 am

I think Noel and Liam are cool. Matthew Good is the man, too. I like opinionated people, as long as their opinions aren't dumb.
::livejournal::

<font color="#CCFFCC">spent and sighing with a look in your eye
spent and sighing with a look on your face like

sweet revelation</font>
Endymion

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/3/2002, 11:08 am

OK, some one hasn't listened to a word the Gallagher brothers have said, now have they?
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 11:11 am

I have .. I have the book they wrote and I watched their biography on tv .. both of them are very intelligent, they just have attitudes .. but they can be very articulate when they want to be :nod:
Joey

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/3/2002, 1:15 pm

I am sorry, they are just the rudest people around. They definitely played one or two songs at a show I went to (to see them) and they walked off the stage. Since then, I have no respect for them. They blew off their set, they insult everything, and their new cd sucks imo.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Bananababy » 7/3/2002, 1:17 pm

wooo! all tied up! go radiohead!! :mrgreen:
boo.
Bananababy

Postby deniedjunkie » 7/3/2002, 1:21 pm

OLPFan420 wrote:I am sorry, they are just the rudest people around. They definitely played one or two songs at a show I went to (to see them) and they walked off the stage. Since then, I have no respect for them. They blew off their set, they insult everything, and their new cd sucks imo.

they walked off stage here as well during the morning glory tour, someone threw a shoe at them , lol, but i think they have evolved so much since then, standing on the shoulders of giants and heathen chemistry is amazing,
www.unitedforpeace.org

"People like victory. They don t like justification. Once you are victorious, that s it. You don t have to justify."

R.I.P
Domenic Mobilio(1969-2004)
deniedjunkie

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 3:25 pm

I would walk off the stage too if someone was throwing shoes at me .. didn't olp walk off from a set once? I remember hearing something about how they left the stage after someone threw a water bottle at them? I was at a concert before and Serial Joe walked off the stage after someone threw a glass bottle at the lights, it shattered and rained broken glass down on him ... no band or musician would want to put up with that shit .. if things are being thrown they SHOULD leave the stage :nod:
Joey

Postby bort8 » 7/3/2002, 4:35 pm

OLPFan420 wrote:OK, some one hasn't listened to a word the Gallagher brothers have said, now have they?

its hard to listen when u cant understand one word they say
"Sh*t, id be f*ckin' scared if us were opening for...us"
-Dave Grohl on why the Red Hot Chili Peppers only let the Foos play a 45 minute set when they toured together

"baby, i wish you were my baby,
ill make u make a baby,
let's make electric power,
in fear u should not cower,
cuz girl i will protect u,
i promise not to sex u,
and IiiiiIiiiiIiiiiiiIiiiiiIiiiiii...." - Dudez a Plenti

"all by myself
cause I don’t want to drag you down, hold you down
cause you’re a friend
i blame myself
i guess you think it’s funny now, funny now
it's such a shame..."
-Feeder - Just a Day

I am still awesome.........................................................................................seriously.
bort8

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 4:37 pm

I can understand them :P
Joey

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/3/2002, 7:21 pm

I can't understand them either...they're always so smashed their words come out all funny....damn lushes.
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 7:49 pm

bah, you're avatar scares the shit out of me .. it's not right .. make it go away .. I swear I'll have nightmares about that Image
Joey

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/3/2002, 7:51 pm

Googly-eyed Raine resents that comment
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 7:52 pm

8O
Joey

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 7/3/2002, 7:53 pm

Scary Raine will be haunting you tonight...muahahahah
Sufjan Stevens

Postby Bananababy » 7/3/2002, 7:56 pm

clumsyfish wrote:bah, you're avatar scares the shit out of me .. it's not right .. make it go away .. I swear I'll have nightmares about that Image

hahah, i had the same reaction... i even said the same words "scares the shit out of me" :lol:
oooh, I hope Raine visits me tonight... :wink: :wink: :wink:
boo.
Bananababy

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 7:56 pm

Bring it on you freak! Image
Joey

Postby Joey » 7/3/2002, 7:58 pm

Bananababy wrote:hahah, i had the same reaction... i even said the same words "scares the shit out of me"

Seriously, it's not right .. I can't look at it :|
Joey

PreviousNext