ClumsyMonkey.net

Silverchair Archive

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Silverchair Archive

Postby Jer » 7/28/2016, 6:13 pm

Not sure how active this community is anymore (I was last around between 2004-2007), but since a Silverchair fan community literally doesn't exist these days, this directly pertains to you guys.

Instead of me blabbing on, just read the following link. I am taking on this project by myself, so any assistance finding files would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/silverchair/co ... r_archive/
Jer

Re: Silverchair Archive

Postby xjsb125 » 7/28/2016, 6:43 pm

Josh can probably assist you with this, and I will pass it on to some other people I know. Good luck with your project!
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Jer » 7/28/2016, 9:17 pm

Thank You.

I am also talking with two guys who have been to about 30 Silverchair shows over the years, and were pretty involved in the trading communities. I am hoping they can provide me with a ton of content.

I am as well in the process of getting in contact with Duane, who ran the band website for many years. He did a lot of touring with the band. If he doesn't have content stored away, I would assume he is a good source for helping to confirm dates and locations.

The majority of stuff listed on the CM website I already have, but I do have content not listed, and there are a few things you guys have listed that I can't find.

I have not dabbled much into the audio aspect yet.
Jer

Postby xjsb125 » 7/29/2016, 7:01 am

Kym and Nikki would be the ones with the most archived. I messaged Nikki, so hopefully she will reply.
xjsb125

Postby Jer » 8/4/2016, 2:55 pm

I am yet to hear from any of the above mentioned people. I am also in the process of trying to get the band webmaster involved (he toured a lot with the band), as well as a few people who have taken part in media content that the band was involved in. I am still not getting much of a response. My best lead has been two people that can supply me with about 40 video concerts that I do not already have. I currently have properly labeled about 19GB of video content.

Even if people have leads to forums, e mails, or people I can try contacting to get this thing fully off the ground.
Jer

Postby Jer » 8/17/2016, 11:01 am

Since I have not had an out pour of support on this project, I have taken the time to create a comprehensive log, showcasing what the archive would look like when close to completion.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3212512 ... on-Society
Jer

Postby xjsb125 » 8/17/2016, 4:01 pm

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Aside from Nikki and Kym, Silverchair fans were fucking terrible about sharing any audio or video. When we had the Hub for file sharing, they would come in and share the bare minimum, get what they wanted, and get out. There are no active members here that are hardcore fans. This link may help you out with info on recordings, but has not been updated in years: http://dchub.clumsymonkey.net/audio.php?band=51
xjsb125

Postby Jer » 8/17/2016, 9:40 pm

Oh.. I remember never getting much from the hub for that reason. Then again I never really had much to share.

I have not heard from either of them. I even sent Josh e mail, but no response. I am just going to assume they are either not interested, or as the years have passed, the material was lost. These are good reasons why this project needs to happen.

This isn't a tough task aside from the file transfer. I have contacted the three guys who ran Chairpage, but no response yet. I am sure they have a lot of material. I have also e mailed and Facebooked messaged this guy : http://www.oocities.org/tradingsickness/. He has about 75% of what I need. This girl here in Chicago : http://www.angelfire.com/il/volcanogrrrl/trades.html. I have e mailed and Facebook messaged her for the interview material. I am in contact with a guy that has rare videos he is going to send me. And if I can get the two people you mentioned. Six or 7 people can help shape about 90% of the archive, 100% of that list of over 400 events.

Looks like the list is missing a bit from 2007. I will add then to the list. Thanks.
Jer

Postby faninor » 8/18/2016, 5:56 pm

Hey there! Sorry, I think I missed your email. I appreciate what you're trying. I've still got everything that was readily available on the hub saved somewhere. I could definitely get those to you at some point.

I also have a handful of things that may not be so widely circulated -- some old videotapes, some audio masters from their final US tour. I've kinda held back on putting some of that out there, as it seemed so many of the Silverchair tapers would hold back their recordings for trade, or bury them completely. I'm a little more hesitant about sending those along before seeing if you get good response & involvement from other people to unearth other "new" recordings.
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Jer » 8/19/2016, 11:20 am

I sent you a PM.

Thanks for the support.
Jer

Postby Jer » 10/28/2016, 10:18 am

I figured I would post here in case anyone did have interest in this project.

While the media is not flowing in, I have had a series of people tell me that they are going to send me content. In the meantime, I have worked hard to get both fans and people surrounding the band involved. I have been semi successful on the professional end, not so successful on the fan community side of things.

In order to make archiving easier, as well as know exactly what is out there, I have created a complete log of events that occurred in the band's career. That log can be found here : http://docdro.id/F0IudWS
Jer