ClumsyMonkey.net

Oceanship

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Oceanship

Postby allison » 4/5/2012, 7:22 pm

It's been a while since I pimped Oceanship. Here's the lowdown:

Brad Lyons, former lead singer of Burlington-based alt rockers left Pencey, decided to pursue a new musical direction after the band called it quits in 2003. He teamed up with a piano player and released a debut EP under the Oceanship moniker in 2005 then a full-length album in 2009. Oceanship's sound has been described as ethereal piano rock. I like to tell people it just sounds the way real music should.

Brad has been touring, writing and recording for the past few years and is about to embark on crafting his next full-length album. Although Oceanship has been moderately successful and attracted a reasonable number of fans since the band's inception, Brad's drive to make high quality music without compromising his integrity has made funding his new album somewhat of a challenge.

Enter the Oceanship New Album Launch Campaign!

This video explains it all, but basically this is a fan-funding campaign. Brad is looking to people who dig his music to preorder albums and other sweet swag. The money will be used to produce the album. This is music for the fans, by the fans. For real.

I have been a huge fan of Brad's work since the left Pencey days and can vouch that every word he speaks and/or writes related to this campaign is true. This is exciting stuff. Be part of the movement!

http://www.oceanshipmusic.com
allison