ClumsyMonkey.net

Silverchair Go into ‘Indefinite Hibernation’

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby Kicker774 » 5/26/2011, 1:38 pm

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/N ... 0525-2011/

Silverchair have announced they are calling it quits, at least for the foreseeable future. In a lengthy statement posted on their Facebook page this morning, the veteran Australian three-piece said that “after much soul-searching … [we’re] putting Silverchair into ‘indefinite hibernation’.”

“Back in 2009 we went into the studio to start work on a record,” the statement reads. “Initially things were going well and as a result we did some shows in 2010 to maintain creative momentum. However, over the months that followed in the studio it became clear to us that we were moving in different directions. Despite our best efforts over the last year or so, it’s become increasingly clear that the spark simply isn’t there between the three of us at the moment.”

Silverchair, which includes singer/guitarist Daniel Johns, bassist Chris Joannou and drummer Ben Gillies, released their last album, Young Modern, in 2007. In their statement, the band said the parting is amicable, and that they remain friends. “The three of us still truly care about each other,” the statement goes on to say. “At the moment Ben’s busy in the studio recording his own music, Chris is working on various business, musical and charitable ventures while Daniel is creating a film soundtrack and working on other musical projects. We hope you’ll continue to take an interest in our individual work over the years ahead.”
"I wasn't sure if you were a crazy ax murdering pshyco or not when I first met you"
-- Megan

Retired Avatars
VVVVVVVVVV
Kicker774

Postby faninor » 5/26/2011, 6:39 pm

Lyrically speaking, I think Neon Ballroom is one of the greatest albums around. The music's awesome too.

Can't believe it's true.

FAT DOGNUTS!!@!@1
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby Johnny » 5/26/2011, 10:34 pm

You need to learn a thing or two aboot cursing, crab man.
Professional Canadian.
Johnny
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2007