ClumsyMonkey.net

Pearl Jam

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Pearl Jam

Postby Olp_waited » 3/14/2010, 8:11 am

So Pearl Jam just announced a tour that includes MA and NY. I am planning on going to at least the MA concert. I am pretty pumped. This year is rocking. Now all I need is Incubus to go on tour and I will say this will be the most epic concert year ever. Anyone seen PJ live?
Olp_waited

Postby MattCTUSA » 4/28/2010, 8:30 am

Don't know how I missed this thread! Big PJ fan here...been lucky enough to see them many times between living in CT and Seattle. Saw them last September 4 times in a week. They are definitely still going strong...you will enjoy the shows in May!
One of my best concert weekends ever was in Aug. '98...seeing Summersault and Pearl Jam back to back at Molson Park. Despite the rain, it was an amazing weekend. Not sure that it would ever happen, but OLP and PJ on the same bill would be a dream come true for me.
MattCTUSA

Postby Tattooed Angels » 4/29/2010, 2:46 pm

Matt. OLP and U2 on the same bill would be a dream come true for me. Y Ou have a better chance of seeing PJ and OLP though.

I feel love, I feel a power. It comes to me in the darkest hour. And I want to feel it again

Teach the young people how to think, not what to think-Sidney Sugarman

http://www.warchild.ca http://www.one.org http://www.cityharvest.org/

Peace and Love
Gail E.
Tattooed Angels
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Lando » 5/6/2010, 6:50 pm

I've seen PJ live, but only once unfortunately. Can't wait to see them again though!
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Fabio_kun » 6/2/2010, 2:10 pm

I wish they'd come back to South American. One of the best concerts of my life... and also one of my all time favorite bands.
Fabio_kun

Postby Olp_waited » 6/7/2010, 4:18 pm

MattCTUSA wrote:Don't know how I missed this thread! Big PJ fan here...been lucky enough to see them many times between living in CT and Seattle. Saw them last September 4 times in a week. They are definitely still going strong...you will enjoy the shows in May!
One of my best concert weekends ever was in Aug. '98...seeing Summersault and Pearl Jam back to back at Molson Park. Despite the rain, it was an amazing weekend. Not sure that it would ever happen, but OLP and PJ on the same bill would be a dream come true for me.

Holy crap!! 4 times in one week? We almost saw them twice because they played back to back concerts at the Madison Square Garden and it was their last dates. Only thing was the last show was 200 bucks per ticket and we are all already in some debt. But I wished we did! It would've been worth it all. We looked at the setlist and read reviews. OLP and Pj would be the most amazing thing to see...I mean they have worked together when jeremy got mugged so it can't be impossible, right?

oh and the concert was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. The crowd was unbelievable, I had goosebumps with everysong. Pearl Jam was ahh...lets just say they are one of the very few bands Id rather listen to live.
Olp_waited