ClumsyMonkey.net

I need help (music video download)

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

I need help (music video download)

Postby Neil » 11/5/2006, 10:19 am

Hey all,

I came back in here to ask ya'll because I know theres a ton of brilliant minds in here.

Ok....xbox updated the 360 so that we can stream video from our computers to the 360 using "Windows Media Connect" which I use already for the music files.

So....I'm trying to find a decent place that I can download music videos. Only flaw in the system that, of course, being Microsoft the downloaded files have to be in WMV format.

Can anybody assist me? Recommend me a decent location to perhaps find material.

Hell......I'm not even sure how many OLP videos people even have that are in WMV format.

Thanks all! I'll be in touch! Peace, out.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby xjsb125 » 11/5/2006, 12:10 pm

Neil, wmv sucks. Please hack your xbox so you can play better videos. I really don't know where to suggest finding any music videos in .wmv format. The majority of videos out there are either going to be in (S)VCD mpeg format, DVD mpeg format, .vob (dvd file), or mpeg 4 which I think is what iPod uses. If you have existing music videos, you can convert them to .wmv with appropriate programs like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro. I can't think of any freeware programs that will allow you to create .wmv files from your existing ones, but you may want to look around on www.videohelp.com and see if they have any suggestions.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125

Postby Neil » 11/5/2006, 12:42 pm

xjsb125 wrote:Neil, wmv sucks. Please hack your xbox so you can play better videos. I really don't know where to suggest finding any music videos in .wmv format. The majority of videos out there are either going to be in (S)VCD mpeg format, DVD mpeg format, .vob (dvd file), or mpeg 4 which I think is what iPod uses. If you have existing music videos, you can convert them to .wmv with appropriate programs like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro. I can't think of any freeware programs that will allow you to create .wmv files from your existing ones, but you may want to look around on www.videohelp.com and see if they have any suggestions.

Matt, thanks for the help, dude. I'll look into the reformatting idea. From the second the fall update came bout to the 360 i knew it would blow because of microsoft. Oh well.....so yeah, wmv format is all i can deal with. So far all I have is Flyleaf's live performance on Carson Daly. haha!

I'm gonna check into that site you passed me, though......I'm certain i could probably find an appropriate program; even using alternative methods. Thanks again! I greatly appreciate it!
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil

Postby Handsome_Devil » 11/9/2006, 5:04 pm

Windows Movie Maker of course! It's freeware and exports everything as .wmv's just drag your mpg / vob / avi into the timeline, choose how shitty you want it to look and then export. (If you're having problems with bringing in .avi's here's a avi>mpg converter.
Handsome_Devil