ClumsyMonkey.net

FREE TOOL TICKET Camden, NJ Sept. 28 To Taper

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

FREE TOOL TICKET Camden, NJ Sept. 28 To Taper

Postby bovine » 9/14/2006, 6:14 am

First of all, let me clear up any confusion - YES...I am still alive! I've just been really busy with school and work and life and whatever and haven't had much time to chat on here. Now on to the message at hand...

I have an extra lawn seat for the Sept. 28 Tool show at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ. I would be willing to GIVE it to someone who has fairly decent recording equipment and who would be willing to tape the show and send me a copy on CD. (I am on dial-up, so downloading would not be an option for me and I don't want mp3)

If you are interested, please e-mail me at bovine@enter.net with "TOOL Lawn Ticket" in the subject. Please include your snail-mail address for me to send the ticket to along with at least 3 people's e-mail addresses who can vouch for the fact that you can make a good (if not great) sounding concert recording (having other CMers post here would count instead of reference e-mails...I know some of you tape shows, but I'm not sure who and what quality you are able to get).

I will send the ticket to you for free, assuming that you send me the CD(s) for free.

I will also accept cash offers for the ticket (I paid a little over $45 after service, make an offer), but would much rather have a fairly good sounding recording of the concert if at all possible.

Send any offers to me at bovine@enter.net and do so as soon as possible as the concert is only 2 weeks away and I'd like to get the ticket in the mail no later than next Thursday!

:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby Random Name » 9/14/2006, 7:04 am

Wow thats pretty rad stuff.

Hope you find someone.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby bovine » 9/14/2006, 7:55 am

Random Name wrote:Wow thats pretty rad stuff.

Hope you find someone.

Thanks, I hope so too :)

***IMPORTANT NOTE***

My apologies, but I just noticed that my e-mail address has been up and down overnight and there was a three hour period in which I think I lost some e-mails. Right now, I can't check my e-mails at all.

If you already tried to contact me, I did not get the message. If you could resend, that would be great. Please resend to the bovine@enter.net e-mail address AS WELL AS to my address at school tua36720(-(at)-)temple.edu

Please send any new messages to BOTH addresses as well. This will virtually ensure that I get the message as I check both accounts regularly and there is no problem with my school address.

Obviously, in the temple.edu address, change (-(at)-) to @ I'm trying to limit spam to that account and so far it's worked! The enter.net account gets so much spam that it's not even worth it to "hide" that one!

Thank you and sorry for any confusion!

And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby bovine » 9/27/2006, 4:42 am

Just to let everyone know, I wasn't able to find a taper who wanted the ticket. Not to worry though...something even better happened! I found a taper who already had a ticket! I thought it was very cool of him to be honest about the fact that he already had a ticket because since he's recording anyway, he could have very easily told me he didn't have a ticket and then turned around and sold mine. A very honest individual if you ask me!

I ended up getting $30 for my ticket on StubHub. I could have listed it on eBay and maybe made more than I paid for it, but I always hate when people do that, so that would have been hypocritical of me. Certainly $30 is better than nothing!

Anyway, like many serious tapers, this guy I've been in touch with is waiting to "release" his recording until he can secure some trades with other tapers. (sometimes if you're the only person to record something and you hold out on "releasing" it, you can end up getting something from someone else who's holding out for the same reason). I think he might send me a copy early since I offered him a free ticket, but it would be with the understanding that I do not give it to anyone until after he is able to secure some "rare" trades. I intend to honor that agreement, but (assuming everything goes ok and he gets the recording done), I'd be happy to get a copy out to anyone on here who wants one after he gives me the "all clear"...wait, do OLP fans even like Tool? Well, if anyone does, I can send you a copy as soon as he tells me it's ok...not sure how long that will be though.

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby Random Name » 9/27/2006, 8:04 am

Lando does.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Lando » 9/27/2006, 6:11 pm

Tool is super amazingly awesome.

Saw them twice in August and almost once more in September.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby bovine » 9/28/2006, 4:42 am

I'm seeing them for the first time tonight. Can't wait. Should be super amazingly awesome (or something like that) :lol:

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby Random Name » 9/28/2006, 7:23 am

I toldya he does!

I hope you have a wicked time. You seem really pumped.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby beautiful liar » 9/28/2006, 12:06 pm

mmm tool :love:

i was so upset i left calgary 2 days before they played there. it wasn't cool.
beautiful liar