ClumsyMonkey.net

The Waking Eyes

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

The Waking Eyes

Postby I AM ME » 9/11/2006, 11:55 pm

Remember them? Arnold Lanni has been producing them. I recently saw them at BU's street party. They ruled.

Anyone seen them live?

http://www.thewakingeyes.com/
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

"Pray for the sheep" Matt Good
"But it's alright, take the world and make it yours again" Matt Good

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby Lando » 9/12/2006, 2:08 am

I saw them open for Collective Soul in 2005.

They were pretty good. They did a cool Helter Skelter cover.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby I AM ME » 9/12/2006, 3:23 pm

Cool. Yeah I saw them on Friday for the first time, kinda weird considering they're from Winnipeg. I was really impressed though. They put on a great show, and played 3 great covers aswell. A big jam session with Novillero aswell.

Joey the bass player was from BU's music program so he had a huge fan club up front.
"How can we justify spending so much on destruction and so little on life?" Matthew Good

"The white dove is gone, the one world has come down hard, so why not share the pain of our problems, when all around are wrong ways, when all around is hurt, i'll roll up in an odd shape and wait, untill the tide has turned.....with anger, i'm dead weight, i'm anchored"- IME, God Rocket (Into the Heart of Las Vegas) ^ Some say this song is about a terrorists thoughts before 911

I felt it in the wind, and i saw it in the sky, i thought it was the end, i thought it was the 4th of July.

"Hold on, hold on children, your mother and father are leaving, hold on, hold on children your best freind's parents are leaving, leaving,.......*AHHH*! " - Death From Above - Black History Month
I AM ME

Postby Lando » 9/12/2006, 3:26 pm

They opened for another band here in Regina, either Grady or Thornley.

I didn't go, but I'm just informing you.
Lando

Postby Random Name » 9/12/2006, 7:00 pm

I've had their first album for a while now.
They are pretty rad. Catchy party tunes. I'd definately love to see them live.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby I AM ME » 9/12/2006, 11:38 pm

Yeah I've owned the album for awhile now too, but seeing them live is way diffrent. I don't think they transfer onto a cd as well.

Are you sure they didn't open for Theory of a Deadman? They had some intresting banter midshow about how shitty the band was (egged on by a fan) and made a remark about pretending to like them while playing with them

I AM ME

Postby Lando » 9/13/2006, 1:39 am

Yeah I'm sure. They may have opened for them too, but I don't know anyone who'd go to that show. It was definitely one of the two bands I named.
Lando

Postby Gimme_Shelter » 9/13/2006, 1:51 am

Lando wrote:They opened for another band here in Regina, either Grady or Thornley.

I didn't go, but I'm just informing you.

it was Thornley they opened for,
and i did end up having a beer with their singer out on the deck after their show and before Thornley
who kicked lots of ass by the way
Gimme_Shelter

Postby tasha » 9/14/2006, 5:39 pm

i saw them open for the weakerthans at harbourfront over the summer..... i liked them
you have to, you just have to trust me
whoever i was then i can't ever be again
the faith you've found i've never felt
the terror held in wedding bells
the comfort in "there's no one else"
the truth be told, i'm never going to know
tasha