ClumsyMonkey.net

New Releases

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby Henrietta » 11/24/2006, 12:39 am

:lol: ^ No kidding. At least I realize how little effort I put into my music experience. I don't pretend it's anything it's not.

I am not digging +44 as much as I thought I would. I liked the last Incubus cd only slightly better than HIPT. So I don't have much hopes for the next one, especially after hearing Anna Molly or whatever it is.

I have just become extremely picky and nothing is really cathing my ears lately. I just got Elliott Smith - From A Basement On The Hill...which I really like. I need to get some of the older stuff.
Henrietta

Postby Random Name » 11/24/2006, 11:41 am

:O
Really?
I thought a Crow Left of the Murder was fantastic.
You surprise me, Cass-ius.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Random Name » 11/24/2006, 5:36 pm

So you think +44 who is the reincarnation of Blink who wrote an entire song about fucking a dog has more talent and is artistically better then Brand New?

(I should mention that I really do like all 3 bands a whole lot. lol)
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby ajk » 11/24/2006, 6:35 pm

The new Incubus should be interesting if nothing else. They've constantly evolved every album.. i'm curious to see where they'll go next.

As for other new releases look out for the new Finger 11 Album next March. The first single "Paralyzer" hit some radio stations today. It sounds silly... but it sounds a lot like the Rainbow Butt Monkeys to me. That said, I think it's the best I've heard out of them since Tip. Looking forward to this release now.
ajk

Postby Dread » 11/24/2006, 10:11 pm

ajk wrote:The new Incubus should be interesting if nothing else. They've constantly evolved every album.. i'm curious to see where they'll go next.

Answer: Nowhere. It's their worst album in my opinion... unless it was meant to be an album of b-side material. Then it did what it was supposed to do and is solid in that regard.
Dread

Postby menomena » 11/25/2006, 11:38 am

Well, I have to say, Joanna Newsom pretty much blew me away. I hope some of you people realize that "Ys" might be the best album of the year, and honestly, can come close to being the best album released this decade so far. Go out and buy it. Hell, download it. You just need to hear it.
menomena

Postby starseed_10 » 11/25/2006, 6:19 pm

i just wish she'd write lyrics about something worthwhile.
blah
starseed_10
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby LifeRiot » 11/25/2006, 6:35 pm

I think the Incubus album is outstanding, they put all of their past in to it and its an all around Incubus album.

Im thankful it came out because I have been listening to straight MUSE since they came out with their new one.
Unfuck The World
LifeRiot

Postby Dread » 11/26/2006, 10:54 pm

starseed_10 wrote:i just wish she'd write lyrics about something worthwhile.

I just wish I could stand her voice. I'm all up for weird voices, but I just don't like hers at all. Musically it could be the most rewarding experience, but I'd be turned off by the way she sounds singing.

LifeRiot wrote:I think the Incubus album is outstanding, they put all of their past in to it and its an all around Incubus album.

No, they put all of their past into A Crow Left of the Murder and that album ended up being bloated. This album Brandon's singing about how diamonds start as coal, how oil and water doesn't mix, and how love hurts... put in front of music that really doesn't go anywhere, except on a few songs (Pendulous Threads, the title track, Anna Molly). It certainly doesn't offer anything new, and is probably the first album that doesn't show any progression from the last. Incubus are in that part of their career now though, and hopefully they'll actually figure out where to go next on the next album.
Dread

Postby Hope » 11/26/2006, 11:22 pm

i dont hate joanna newsom's voice, but i want to hear more harp than voice.
turn your head
come back again
to here knows when

last.fm
Hope

Postby Henrietta » 11/27/2006, 2:16 am

You surprise me, Cass-ius.

Haha! I'm full of surprises.

*turns on country Chrimstas music*

Well I guess that wasn't much of a surprise...
Henrietta

Postby Random Name » 11/28/2006, 9:18 am

Nope, it wasn't.

I'm still frustrated that there are basically no other new releases to look forward to. What is happening? Why is there a serious lack of music?
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Dread » 11/28/2006, 2:14 pm

Because it's the end of the year and nothing really gets released once November rolls around?

I still have around 20 CDs from this year though. Not all of them were spectacular, but solid enough overall. Last year I had over 30 though, which was my best year ever for music overall.
Dread

Postby Random Name » 12/1/2006, 9:12 am

Ohhh I should see what cd's I got this year! exciting! Yay for lists!

My other point is that I still dont have the new Incubus CD and this is very distressing to me. First Brand new and now this. I am clearly the worlds most impatient person.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby Random Name » 12/1/2006, 9:16 am

Oh, and there will be a TBS DVD on Dec 12th. Not that interesting, but its something.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Take apart your head

Random Name

Postby a map within » 12/1/2006, 11:37 pm

last year blew ass. i had trouble making a top 10 releases of the year list. although i have bought a couple cds this year that i missed out on last year. this year owns. seriously some of the best albums ever were released this year.
a map within

Postby gokirk72 » 12/2/2006, 9:20 am

Let's see.. 2006 releases I only bought 7 cd's.. even though I bought a ton of cd's this year, most of them were released a while ago, and if I were to rank them

1. Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
2. Anti-Flag - For Blood And Empire
3. AFI - Decemberunderground
4. A Change Of Pace - Prepare The Masses
5. Less Than Jake - In With The Out Crowd
6. Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
7. Faktion - Faktion

and to be clear.. those top 3 are almost equally great, Prepare The Masses is really good, but not quite as good as the top 3, and the last 3 I was kind of disappointed with when I picked them up (although the only cds I paid full price for were Eyes Open and Prepare The Masses)... Phobia was a big disappointment, mainly because it doesn't show any growth in Breaking Benjamin, Faktion I was going off one song and found it cheap so it wasn't that bad, In With The Out Crowd is better than the bottom two on there, but not near as good as Prepare The Masses...

Actually.. now that I'm interested.. here are how many cd's I own by year of release

1975 - 1
1989 - 1
1993 - 1
1994 - 3
1995 - 1
1996 - 7
1997 - 8
1998 - 3
1999 - 8
2000 - 15
2001 - 18
2002 - 18
2003 - 15
2004 - 12
2005 - 21
2006 - 7

So, the most albums I own were 2005 releases, but I don't think a lot of them were that great

Better Than Ezra - Before The Robots
RENT Soundtrack
Mustard Plug - Masterpieces: 1991-2002
Our Lady Peace - Healthy In Paranoid Times
Better Than Ezra - Greatest Hits
The Producers Soundtrack
Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
The Fray - How To Save A Life
Reel Big Fish - We're Not Happy 'Til You're Not
Falling Up - Dawn Escapes
Weezer - Make Believe
Theory Of A Deadman - Gasoline
Alkaline Trio - Crimson
Staind - Chapter V
30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie
Three Doors Down - Seventeen Days
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
The All-American Rejects - Move Along
Default - One Thing Remains
Casting Crowns - Lifesong
Coldplay - X&Y

Yea, that was just a year I bought a lot of cd's.... a lot of them I really didn't care for

In that ranking of those albums.. once you drop past Dawn Escapes, the rest of the list is kind of meh, nothing spectacular except the very top.. Before The Robots, RENT, Masterpieces, and HIPT are the only albums I'd label as great

done my tangent

JT
gokirk72

Postby menomena » 12/8/2006, 9:22 pm

a map within wrote:last year blew ass. i had trouble making a top 10 releases of the year list. although i have bought a couple cds this year that i missed out on last year. this year owns. seriously some of the best albums ever were released this year.

Quitter. I am almost done with my top 50 list of the year. You just don't search for good music. Get someone to invite you to indietorrents and just download as much as you can from this year. You'll find something worthwhile.

But yeah, I'll make the thread for lists this year, because, well, who else would?
menomena

PreviousNext