ClumsyMonkey.net

U2 fan? Meet Dave Lichens

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

U2 fan? Meet Dave Lichens

Postby Lando » 7/28/2006, 3:18 am

Hey everyone, I ended up watching a HORRIBLE movie the other night called She's The Man. I'm sure some of you have heard of it, it's fairly new.

Anyway, near the end of the movie, during a scene that takes place in a restaurant there's a song playing in the background and the singer sounds almost EXACTLY like Bono.

So I wanted to know if it was some weird U2 song I hadn't heard or what and when checking the Special Features of the disk I found the actual music video by a guy named Dave Lichens from Portland Oregon. I don't have an .mp3 of the song, but trust me he sounds A LOT like Bono. I can't say if I'm going to like this guy's music yet, but anyone who like's Bono's voice should check him out.

I'll post a link to his website, where you can watch the video to the song featured on the movie's soundtrack. The song's name is "Let Go" you can see the link to play the video on the bottom left hand side of the main page.

Oh and also, at the top of the website, there's another media player, a song called BLUE will start blaring as soon as you load the page, so push stop on it and watch the video first, since that's the one you should all listen to first to hear the vocal similarities.

http://www.davelichens.com
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Random Name » 7/28/2006, 9:40 am

I saw She's the Man too!
It was on an airplane.
Only I watched it willingly because I've already seen V for Vendetta.

And my Dad was watching it too. But he started the movie like 20 minutes too late and never saw the end. So While the plane was landing I had to explane the end of the movie to him.

My point being, Lando why wern't you paying incredibly close attention to the movie like I was?! Why were you listening to the background music? You fail at movies 101.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby Lando » 7/30/2006, 1:03 am

I think I pass. Considering I can pick out music and not miss any plot! Take for instance the movie Miami Vice, which I just saw tonight. There are 3 Audioslave songs from their new album in this movie. Not only that, but there's a Moby song called "One of These Mornings" featuring Patti LaBelle. I'd heard this song before as it really stands out, but I couldn't quite remember where I'd heard it. After some research I found out it was played in the TV series "Without A Trace" that I used to watch every so often.
Lando

Postby Lando » 8/21/2006, 5:10 am

Seriously. This guy sounds just like Bono.
Lando

Postby laurel » 8/21/2006, 9:48 am

i listened way back when you first posted this, and didn't reply.

...i'm not replying now, either. hah.
laurel
Oskar Winner: 2009
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Lando » 8/22/2006, 2:50 am

you just did reply.
Lando

Postby laurel » 8/22/2006, 2:58 am

shhhhhh
laurel