ClumsyMonkey.net

Ticketmaster vs. Live Nation

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Ticketmaster vs. Live Nation

Postby bovine » 7/21/2006, 9:05 pm

Do ticketmaster.com and livenation.com charge different prices for their service charges? I used to get all my tickets from ticketmaster because that was the only place I thought they were available. It used to be that, in Philadelphia, all the big concerts were sponsored by Electric Factory Concerts which just did Philadelphia and the Philly area. Not too long ago, Clear Channel bought out Electric Factory and now electricfactory.com links you to a site called livenation.com which, I learned, is now sponsoring all the big concerts in Philly. I'm assuming Live Nation is a division of Clear Channel, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, electricfactory.com never offered tickets for sale, they just linked you to ticketmaster.com. But now livenation.com offers tickets from their site, so my question is does livenation.com charge more or less than ticketmaster.com for their service charges? Do they both get the same quality tickets? I mean for seated venues, if you buy the same priced tickets at ticketmaster or livenation, will one get you closer? I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with both sites or if you've heard anything from anyone else comparing the two.

I'm planning on buying tickets tomorrow at 11 am (EST - US), so hopefully some of you can discuss this before like 10:30 so I can decide. Of course, feel free to discuss beyond that too, but if you can post before around 10:30 am EST, that would be great.
:::troy:::

Brutus is an honorable man
It's just coincidence that oil men will wage war in an oil rich land
And this one goes out to my man taking cover in the trenches with a gun in his hand
Then gets home and no one flinches when he can't feed his fam...

But Brutus is an honorable man...

- Saul Williams
bovine

Postby Joanne » 7/23/2006, 7:09 pm

well ive been purchasing tickets from ticketmaster, and been offered opportunities to win free season tickets and stuff from livenation. the email notice was from ticketmaster linking me to live nation... so i dont know
Joanne

find me via facebook
Joanne