General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

Postby dream in japanese » 6/25/2006, 9:25 am

JEFF! :)
dream in japanese
Oskar Winner: 2005

Postby xjsb125 » 6/25/2006, 10:08 am

I actually listened to the songs. I'm not a fan of punk music, which might taint my judgement. The songs all sounded too similar to me, and nothing struck me lyrically. I will give kudos to the production quality however. I may not enjoy the music, but the production quality of Jeff's work always improves every time he posts some new work.
<nam_kablam> I'll be naked holding a ":O" sign while pumping their door
xjsb125
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Postby Joe Cooler » 6/25/2006, 1:20 pm

It's true though. I was around when Jeff first posted music...way back when. I kid you not, every single time it has improved. The guy just doesnt give up and it shows. His current stuff is miles ahead of anything previous.
Joe Cooler

Postby a map within » 6/25/2006, 5:06 pm

yep. just goes to show you have to work at it a little. we are a much tighter, talented band now and we recorded in a studio instead of my basement. so yeah this stuff is all the best stuff we have.

as for axtech. shut your cakehole. i have been banned twice. once for saying deathcab sucks and once for saying fallout boy sucks. yet, neilsen 12 has already bashed my band in this thread, and he will continue posting for the rest of his flaming existence no doubt. i keep coming back because there are (or were) people here that i believe would like to keep tabs on the tunes i produce. if you don't like it, then ignore it and keep your jackass comments to yourself.
a map within

Postby Axtech » 6/25/2006, 5:08 pm

holy shit, calm yourself down. I didn't say that you shouldn't come back, only that I'm surprised you keep coming back.
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby BOAT » 6/26/2006, 11:40 am

I agree...

fallout boy sucks

and I have proof

-Kruno
looks like THIS boat's about to sink!
BOAT

Postby Dread » 6/26/2006, 12:27 pm

Why would bashing a band get a person banned? Are you sure you didn't just forget your password?
Dread

Postby magicseamonkey » 6/26/2006, 2:13 pm

BOAT wrote:I agree...

fallout boy sucks

and I have proof

-Kruno

you own an album?
magicseamonkey

Postby Random Name » 6/26/2006, 4:14 pm

Dread wrote:Why would bashing a band get a person banned? Are you sure you didn't just forget your password?

yeahh....I'm pretty sure he didn't foget his password. :P

I did listen to the songs though on Jeff's myspace and was pleasently surprised. They are pretty impressive. I enojoyed a lot of them and actually went back and listened to one of the songs over and over. Which is something I never do on myspace (because I think its the devil). There are some parts that could be improved, there are some parts that drag a bit and some parts that are a little repetitive, but other than that I thought the band did a really good job. The songs and the sound quality are excellent.
-Sarah

Goodbye you liar,
Well you sipped from the cup but you don't own up to anything
Then you think you will inspire
Take apart your head
(and I wish I could inspire)
Take apart your demons, then you add it to the list.

Random Name
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby dream in japanese » 6/26/2006, 6:44 pm

i agree with matt and taylor. like any new band, there's always room for improvement and the one thing that jeff is awesome at is getting better each time he tries. so, no matter if you like this type of music or not, you have to at least give him that much.

that said, i happen to enjoy this type of music, however, i despise the number of bands that release completely untalented albums that sound like every other band out there. even though jeff's band isn't perfect right now, there's something about the songs that when i listened to it... there actually is talent and i don't know how to explain it...but they aren't trying to sound like everyone else out there. and honestly, if he keeps going at it with everything he has like he's been doing, it's just gonna keep getting better. i'm totally excited to see where that takes him.
dream in japanese

Postby faninor » 6/27/2006, 1:23 pm

Besides the improved production, Aaron has improved some as a drummer. I remember saying he sucked last time I listened to stuff you posted, but he sounds steadier and not at all like a nervous kid playing in front of an audience for the first time here. Good work!
-Josh
I <3 Kiwi Image

"The fundamental thing about music is its destiny to be broadcast or shared." -Colin Greenwood of Radiohead
faninor
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby menomena » 6/27/2006, 4:40 pm

Honestly, you can get banned from here for anything. Like having one of the mods insult your character, then defending yourself. That, being coupled with a former owner thinking you're in love with his girlfriend doesn't exactly help the sitauation either.

But hey, it doesn't matter anymore.
menomena

Postby areusad831 » 6/27/2006, 6:45 pm

alan, good to see you are sticking to the same bullshit story 3 years later.

jeff good to see you are keeping up with your music.

i think val is going to be the next person to make their return to the CM.
old school CM'er 4 Life
areusad831

Previous