ClumsyMonkey.net

THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

General Music area.
Did punk rock get it right?

THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

Postby starvingeyes » 4/10/2006, 5:12 pm

man if you guys don't have that new album "a beautiful lie" yet, you should pick it up.

i seriously have not liked a record this much since spiritual machines and i think the lead single, "attack" is probably the best song i've ever heard.

on top of that, lead singer jared leto is a. totally dreamy b. a movie star and c. an angry, revolutionary anarchist. recipie for songwriting success? i think so.
starvingeyes
Oskar Winner: 2007

Postby xXeverlasting_memoriesXx » 4/10/2006, 5:59 pm

I have both their cds. they're awesome eh!!
I love them...
THE KILL , the second verse is my fave.. i love how he kinda yells. ah!
xXeverlasting_memoriesXx

Postby magicseamonkey » 4/10/2006, 6:08 pm

They're ok, but Jerod's voice needs to be lower and less whiney.

I saw them in Milwaukee Friday, and it was pretty good.
I saw them in New York City last August, and I wasn't impressed.
magicseamonkey

Postby nelison » 4/10/2006, 6:21 pm

they were booed off the stage when I saw them in Buffalo when they opened for OLP. They were either really off their game, or they just suck.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2006

Postby myownsatellite » 4/10/2006, 6:56 pm

J-Neli wrote:they were booed off the stage when I saw them in Buffalo when they opened for OLP. They were either really off their game, or they just suck.

I was at that concert too.
The highlight of the night was when they finally stopped playing and got off the stage.
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite
Oskar Winner: 2009

Postby Lando » 4/10/2006, 7:44 pm

They were the first opening band for Audioslave in Winnipeg last year. I only caught the end of the last song.
Lando
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2005

Postby Lando » 4/10/2006, 7:49 pm

Also, don't we already have a topic for this band?
Lando

Postby Kathy » 4/10/2006, 7:50 pm

<I><B>"I know this sounds corny, and I might be a little bit drunk, but honest to god, thank you everybody"</B></I>
Kathy

Postby Lando » 4/10/2006, 10:15 pm

Exactly
Lando

Postby myownsatellite » 4/10/2006, 10:16 pm

Two threads?
They're so not worth it :P
~*Megan*~

"Wow, nice to meet you. Nine years huh? That's a really long time. Are you going to stab me or something? Because if you are, can we get it over with?" ~Jer

You are never stronger than when you land on the other side of despair. ~Zadie Smith, White Teeth
myownsatellite

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 4/11/2006, 12:23 am

i was at buffalo too. i thought they were ok. but i don't remember hearing any boos. but that could have been cause we were in front and everyone up there seemed to enjoy them.
xoNoDoubt69

Postby Dr. Hobo » 4/11/2006, 12:30 am

i <3 them
go fuck yourself.
Dr. Hobo

Postby nelison » 4/11/2006, 7:15 am

xoNoDoubt69 wrote:i was at buffalo too. i thought they were ok. but i don't remember hearing any boos. but that could have been cause we were in front and everyone up there seemed to enjoy them.

I was front row centre, and every single person around me booed and heckled them. It even came to a point where one kid kept yelling things like "this is 30 minutes of my life that I want back" and Leto actually knelt down in front of us and told us he could "fucking hear him and to meet him in the parking lot and say that to his face"

Also, it was completely unnecessary for their bass player to shake the entire venue for 2 straight minutes with nothing else going on. Yes we realize you have a bass that is capable of making us all throw up, but that doesn't make you any good. It was literally the worst show I've ever been to.
I can't wait until the day schools are over-funded and the military is forced to hold bake sales to buy planes.

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about"
nelison

Postby myownsatellite » 4/11/2006, 7:44 am

J-Neli wrote:
xoNoDoubt69 wrote:i was at buffalo too. i thought they were ok. but i don't remember hearing any boos. but that could have been cause we were in front and everyone up there seemed to enjoy them.

I was front row centre, and every single person around me booed and heckled them. It even came to a point where one kid kept yelling things like "this is 30 minutes of my life that I want back" and Leto actually knelt down in front of us and told us he could "fucking hear him and to meet him in the parking lot and say that to his face"

Also, it was completely unnecessary for their bass player to shake the entire venue for 2 straight minutes with nothing else going on. Yes we realize you have a bass that is capable of making us all throw up, but that doesn't make you any good. It was literally the worst show I've ever been to.

I liked the people in front of me booing at them to get off the stage. I remember when they left, everyone clapped and screamed and hooted because we were all so excited they were done.

And agreed that it was the worst show ever. They really sucked. And it was even worse than the first opener - Fingertight. That guy was insane, smacking the tambourine against his head, wearing it as a necklace and shaking himself to make it make noise...holy cow they were nuts :wtf: I seriously wonder what kind of crack OLP was smoking when they picked their openers (if they even picked them at all, or if the label did...)
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby starvingeyes » 4/11/2006, 10:49 am

haha wow i've seen them play live twice and am actually going again to see them tomorrow.

anyways they've always blown me away. i was amazed at the recreation from CD to stage. i'm soooo pumped for this gig tomorrow night.

i mean they're no wilco but they sure beat the shit out of say, our lady peace? :P hahahha
starvingeyes

Postby nelison » 4/11/2006, 10:53 am

well my opinion of them is based on one show which isn't really fair, I admit. But if they came around again I probably wouldn't fork out the money to see them just to give them a second chance.

nelison

Postby xoNoDoubt69 » 4/11/2006, 11:47 am

myownsatellite wrote:
J-Neli wrote:

I liked the people in front of me booing at them to get off the stage. I remember when they left, everyone clapped and screamed and hooted because we were all so excited they were done.

And agreed that it was the worst show ever. They really sucked. And it was even worse than the first opener - Fingertight. That guy was insane, smacking the tambourine against his head, wearing it as a necklace and shaking himself to make it make noise...holy cow they were nuts :wtf: I seriously wonder what kind of crack OLP was smoking when they picked their openers (if they even picked them at all, or if the label did...)

ooh i think you guys are talking about a different buffalo show than i am. i was referring to edgefest in july of last year.
xoNoDoubt69

Postby myownsatellite » 4/11/2006, 7:10 pm

xoNoDoubt69 wrote:ooh i think you guys are talking about a different buffalo show than i am. i was referring to edgefest in july of last year.

The one I'm talking about was October 2002 at the Flickinger Center.
~*Megan*~

myownsatellite

Postby _old_lady_peace » 4/11/2006, 7:59 pm

<3 30stm
<b><3</b> Katie! ~ proud member of the anti-milk alliance

<b> "well i'm not sleeping, you're not here"</b><br>

"and the lonliness leads to bad dreams, and the <b>bad dreams lead me to calling you</b>, and i call you and say...<i>come here</i>"
_old_lady_peace

Postby Neil » 4/12/2006, 12:42 pm

I saw them in Rochester.......for a mere dollar. It was definitely worth that.

I love the track "The Kill".....I liked it more than "Attack" even after the cd debuted.
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Niccoló Machiavelli
Neil
Oskar Winner: 2010
Oskar Winner: 2010

Next