Sorry
11%
Birdman
No votes
Right behind you
No votes

Total votes : 35

Postby ken maida » 5/17/2002, 5:38 pm

It depends on how you want to interperet favorite. My favorite to play would be something like In repair or Superman's dead, but My favorite song to hear is Naveed. The "is gone is gone is gone" part always gives me chills. No matter where I am or what I am doing, if I hear that part of the song playing somewhere in the distance (radio or something), I immediatley, almost instinctivley stop and listen.
ken maida

Postby don't ask why » 5/17/2002, 7:44 pm

no doubt that soft part of naveed is just chilling...
love the hardness in raine's voice when he goes is gone...and the acoustic guitar kicking in...
don't ask why

Postby ken maida » 5/17/2002, 7:53 pm

It makes me wonder if the band or Raine has some sort of formula for making it so powerful. I know part of it is his voice, but I listen to a song and it gives me the chills, but I can never figure out what exactly it is about the song that gives me that feeling.

It is just so powerful in some way....... I can't describe what I am trying to say, but I think you people get the point. There has to be more to WHY we find a particular song to be powerful and another to not.
ken maida

Postby ourladypeace10000 » 5/18/2002, 7:31 pm

"old man at the back of the door, he says he's alright but still wants more, and there's a young man at the side of the house, he says he's okay, he's okay, he's okay.........everybody's okay..."

Thanks! I always wondered what Raine said there! I love that part also! Anyways, I am not going to participate in this poll because the truth is that I could not choose a favourite Our Lady Peace song if my life depended on it! Seriously! I love all of their songs equally, and don't hate a single one of them because they all have such a unique impact on me that I can't explain. Every single one of those songs have given me the chills and a new sense of meaning! I love them all for different reasons. It's just like getting me to pick a favourite album. OMG, I couldn't even decide what album to listen to yesterday so I ended up doing inny minny minie moe! LOL! Anyways, yeah, that is just my opinion! Just like someone said earlier, that's like being asked to pick a favourite child. You just can't decide.
ourladypeace10000

Postby ourladypeace10000 » 5/18/2002, 7:32 pm

ooops, sorry. I messed up! I never meant to quote the whole message, only the first paragraph! Sorry about that. That was the first time that I ever used the quote button. LOL! My apologies! :oops: :lol: :roll: silly me!
ourladypeace10000

Postby Denied77 » 5/25/2002, 1:37 pm

All I have to say is....

"Somewhere, somehow, We've been denied"
I’d burn our initials in the sun if it would shine
Denied77

Postby potato_girl » 5/27/2002, 12:36 pm

:nod: 4 am i think is the best of OLP's older songs....but "Not Enough" and "Sell My Soul" are the best new OLP songs :nod:
potato_girl

Postby Sufjan Stevens » 5/27/2002, 9:31 pm

Their best songs are the ones that don't get released. Carnival, Blister, Are You Sad, and The Wonderful Future are their best songs. They are all built to be classic songs, all drive with heavy emotion, and all are lyrically beautiful, but never got released (excluding Carnival) so they get banished from the voting? Well, I picked 4 AM because that's the closest to the little "checklist" I have set for their best song.
I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead... My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end.
Sufjan Stevens
Oskar Winner: 2005
Oskar Winner: 2005

Previous