ClumsyMonkey.net

Album Cover Discussion

This is for you, this is for us...

Do you like the Gravity album cover?

Yes.
23%
No, it's too boring.
23%
Nah, I would have prefered something else.
53%

Total votes : 47

Postby ArlieKoz13 » 6/19/2002, 10:41 am

I like it. It's catchy. Sorry I said anything in the first place.
Don't say we're healing when it's just not what we do...
ArlieKoz13

Postby the android » 6/19/2002, 11:31 am

I like it too. Oh goody, I'm glad that I'm a moron and I don't know good music when I hear it.
x - <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~handshakeofco">livejournal</a>
x - <a href="http://ahree.deviantart.com">deviantart</a>
the android
Oskar Winner: 2004
Oskar Winner: 2004

Postby Axtech » 6/19/2002, 12:14 pm

AmishMouse wrote:more like:
"We are, we are so poppy, We are, we are so repetitive. Please like us now that we appeal to you morons that don't know what good music is"

Why is it that you keep taking shots at OLP? I have no problem with you having your own opinion, but you've been kind of rough. And you've said the same thing over and over and over. Who's being repetitive now?
- -
Every now and then I fall out into open air just to feel the wind, rain and everything.
And though the hum and sway gets me down
, I'll find the way to peace and openness.

"Robbo" - © Alex (happeningfish)...^5 ^5 v v
Axtech
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004
Oskar Lifetime Achievement Award: 2004

Postby Joey » 6/19/2002, 12:26 pm

I don't care if the song is 'poppy' since I don't pay attention to those labels and all that crap anyway .. I like the song and if that makes me a moron who doesn't know 'good music' than so be it .. I don't mind being a moron, at least I can think for myself and decide whether I like a song all on my own, rather than what the media dictates :freak:
Joey

Postby happening fish » 6/19/2002, 12:29 pm

good music is a matter of personal taste. it's whatever you like. there's no divine law that dictates what makes music "good" or "bad", just personal preference.
awkward is the new cool
[url]gutterhome.blogspot.com[/url]
happening fish
Oskar Winner: 2006
Oskar Winner: 2006

Postby Ray » 6/19/2002, 12:57 pm

THREE CHEERS FOR US MORONS!

*rah, rah, rah*

Someone needs to take their music less seriously... I mean, c'mon. Pop music can be good. Why? Well, hey, everything's been pop at one time or another. U2 is considered pop music. Aerosmith is pop music. Third Eye Blind? Pop rock. Pop is not neccessarily shallow or even boring; it's merely a facet of music in which the sound is more endearing to the human ear than say, heavy metal.

People have complained about the simplicity of this album... I like it. :D It makes me want to dance, it makes me want to smile -- especially "Innocent".

Maybe it's just me, but I listen to OLP for more than just the fact that they "sound good". It seems their music is always there to reflect on me, when I need a pick-me-up, or a this-shit-happens. I've had a rough couple of years, and OLP's really shone as my favorite band in those past couple years. When I'm down, there's "Clumsy" and "Life" and now, "Innocent" and "Made of Steel"; when I feel crazy, "One Man Army", "The Birdman", and "Starseed" are perfect to listen to; I even signed a friend's yearbook this year "with all my faith/and all my heart/and all the simple things you are". Gravity's a good album, better than most of the shit released these days. Simplicity, if done right, can be perfect.

And this isn't perfect... but it's pretty damn close. I haven't sung along to any album as much as I have with this, not even Spiritual Machines or All That You Can't Leave Behind. That says something.

If you want to look at it a certain way, Stanley Kubrick films were never really looked at as classics until years and years later, when things developed to a point where it was obvious he was working ahead of whatever groove there was. Give Gravity more than the day it's been out, folks. It'll grow on you.
Ray

Postby sandsleeper » 6/19/2002, 1:02 pm

Ray wrote:It makes me want to dance

:lol: i didn't want to admit it... but me too! lol, which is very weird, cause usually olp albums make me wanna sing along or somthing, with this one i just get the urge to choreograph... i know, i know i'm a:freak:
Lick a finger: feel the now.
sandsleeper

Previous